**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Out all day yesterday and at a gig last night - lots of whatapp/pictures/video footage/phone calls to get in the bloody car park!!

Got home about 1am. I left house at 3pm on 100%, still had 56% battery left and that was a busy day on the phone for me.

Decent video quality as well. Loud music, hardly any natural light and lots of stadium lights

Excuse the fact it's Pink - but here's the video.

Associate
Loving the phone having come from a iPhone xr, only thing I'm just ever so slightly disappointing with is the camera, even after the updates I find the medium-low light photos a bit hit and miss, something I didn't notice with my XR. Also the flash/selfie flash seems to take ages then the end product not always being too great (blurry if the person moves slightly, etc). Other than that - great phone, sure something which can be sorted in a future update.

Soldato
Loving the phone having come from a iPhone xr, only thing I'm just ever so slightly disappointing with is the camera, even after the updates I find the medium-low light photos a bit hit and miss, something I didn't notice with my XR. Also the flash/selfie flash seems to take ages then the end product not always being too great (blurry if the person moves slightly, etc). Other than that - great phone, sure something which can be sorted in a future update.

oneplus cameras have always been like that. I've had the X, 3, 5T and now 7 Pro (inbetween various pixels and whatnot)......the camera is it's weakness.
It has OIS, so something is going wrong in software somewhere.

The phone itself is epic, but the camera is below average imho....I'm decorating my bathroom at the minute and on one of the walls I'm painting on aquaseal which is a bright blue waterproof rubber shield. The pixel took a fantastic photo whereas the oneplus just came back with a blue mess. It was a hard photo to get right though, low indoor lighting and a large blue wall with various degrees of shading.

Soldato
The camera is so much better if you install the Gcam mod.
2 photo's here from the same spot. 1st is with the OP camera and second is with the Gcam mod. The colours from the second photo are much closer to real life than the OP picture.
IMG_20190623_140021_zpskxf8jw8r.jpg

IMG_20190623_140009_zpstbqhe3bd.jpg

The colours from the OP picture just look "off" for some reason.

Soldato
Have you enabled install from unknown source?

found it in the end.

the difference is amazing....I was very sceptical of Gcam/standard OP7 cam - but holy cow!

Random pictures from tonight whilst waiting at my daughters swimming - No need to tell you which is which. Just straight out the camera - insta snap - nothing done to either.

Soldato
To be honest, of those pictures, somewhere in between would be good. Top look a little washed out, bottom look too over saturated.
Like I have said before the masses seem to prefer oversaturated, over sharpened photos.
I like photos straight out of a camera to be exactly what I see. If I want anything else I will edit them myself.

Soldato
Where is best to order this phone, the official site? Also my 6 pro came with a screen protector and case as standard, is this still the case with the 7 pro?

Permabanned
found it in the end.

the difference is amazing....I was very sceptical of Gcam/standard OP7 cam - but holy cow!

Random pictures from tonight whilst waiting at my daughters swimming - No need to tell you which is which. Just straight out the camera - insta snap - nothing done to either.
found it in the end.

As somebody else mentioned something in-between would be ideal, the original looks washed and out and the Gcam image over oversaturated and has more pop to it.

It would only take a few seconds to edit the first to look like the second.

Soldato
Folks, just another tip which I may have discovered.
Im not sure if its my imagination, but turning off the fingerprint animation, actually helps to speed the detection of the fingerprint, even at more obtuse angles when placing your finger/thumb on the screen.

Back
Top Bottom