LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

PR.

PR.

Associate
Has anyone wallmounted theres? What bracket did you get?

I'm just looking at different ones and reviewers saying some won't fit when the VESA mount is recessed.

Thanks

Associate
@Daniel - LG :

Any idea on when might LG Fix the HDR / Black Crush bug on the 34GK950F s?

This is detailed here for those wondering.

@MCProtis Hey MC, there was a firmware update released today, my monitor is now saying the firmware version is 3.02, 2.16. (old firmware was 3.01,2.16) Not sure if it fixes the HDR/Black Crush bug (since LG has not released a changelog >_>) But maybe give that a go and see.

@Daniel - LG Hey Daniel related to my suggestion to MCProtis. Can you find out what changes were made in this 3.02 firmware? I contacted your live chat and the person assisting me was helpful but brought it to my attention that no changelog was available to him. Only the 3.01 changelog, he then went on to guess that maybe this 3.02 was to do with input lag patching but he was not sure. So if possible could you help us 34GK950F owners out and see if we can get some sort of changelog publish or released so we can see what has been patched and/or changed? Really appreciate your help in this matter. I have also made a post on reddit since the monitor is very popular amongst the ultrawide community. https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/ccaz8g/lg_34gk950f_new_firmware_today/ Thank you.

Associate
@MCProtis Hey MC, there was a firmware update released today, my monitor is now saying the firmware version is 3.02, 2.16. (old firmware was 3.01,2.16) Not sure if it fixes the HDR/Black Crush bug (since LG has not released a changelog >_>) But maybe give that a go and see.

@Daniel - LG Hey Daniel related to my suggestion to MCProtis. Can you find out what changes were made in this 3.02 firmware? I contacted your live chat and the person assisting me was helpful but brought it to my attention that no changelog was available to him. Only the 3.01 changelog, he then went on to guess that maybe this 3.02 was to do with input lag patching but he was not sure. So if possible could you help us 34GK950F owners out and see if we can get some sort of changelog publish or released so we can see what has been patched and/or changed? Really appreciate your help in this matter. I have also made a post on reddit since the monitor is very popular amongst the ultrawide community. https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/ccaz8g/lg_34gk950f_new_firmware_today/ Thank you.

Thanks for the heads up, I just tried the firmware update, the black crush bug is still there :(

Associate
Thanks for the heads up, I just tried the firmware update, the black crush bug is still there :(

Damn, sorry to hear that MC, I have not heard anything myself as to what the firmware fixed. Sad as well that Daniel is no longer at LG too. Hopefully a new rep joins the forum and can spot this thread to maybe help us out.

Associate
Looks like the F model is back in stock here. Be good to hear if the quality control has improved on the latest batch.

Think I'll wait for reviews of the two new 43" VA panels before deciding which way to go.

Associate
Not getting any 2D gaming going on for over 3 months so against my better judgement attempting to earn wifey stripes - my perfect F is up forsale, bargain for someone listed on a popular auction site. Rob.

Associate
After only 5 months of owning the 950F and roughly 750 hours of use, my monitor has developed a strange horizontal scanlines issue. They are pretty obnoxious when the display is at 60hz, but barely visible when the panel is at 144hz.

RMA'ing the monitor sounds hard since I bought it off Amazon US, wondering if I should try replacing the T-conn or main board instead... what do you guys think?

gKMrV5O.jpg

Associate
Just stopping by to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to Overclockers for being my ultrawide saviours. Last Black Friday I decided to go ultrawide, and it was an utter nightmare. I've been on the receiving end of some really crappy customer service matched only by the crappy panels they kept sending me, from a well-known internet giant and from another extraterrestrial supplier. I've been through two Z35p's, two AW3420DWs, an X34p, and an AOC whose name I forget. In every case it was an awful blend of dead pixels, backlight bleed or other visual anomalies that customer service said were "normal". I've spent a couple of hundred quid shipping monitors back, and goodness knows how many hours on what felt like an impossible mission to get a decent monitor.

Then last week I came back to the Overclockers fold (have been a customer since the early days, but got seduced by that internet giant), and ordered an LG 34GK950G. Arrived the next day as promised, and it is PERFECT. I am absolutely chuffed to bits. Beautiful screen, and exactly what I have been waiting for all this time. Thank you very, very much!

Back
Top Bottom