Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Has anyone watched Murder Mystery on Netflix? I guess their deal with F1 means they can film for F1 movies too. It was weird seeing the F1 logo and all the proper teams in an Adam Sandler film. It’s pretty unrealistic though, the McLaren was at the front. :D

Soldato
Has anyone watched Murder Mystery on Netflix? I guess their deal with F1 means they can film for F1 movies too. It was weird seeing the F1 logo and all the proper teams in an Adam Sandler film. It’s pretty unrealistic though, the McLaren was at the front. :D

Reminds me of the Suits episode about a fictional F1 team who are 'best in the world'. The car was a Midland F1 car.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The wife and I watched it. Not a bad Sandler film considering the guff he’s been putting out the last few years.

As you say, seeing the McLaren crossing the line first (blatantly not first as the chequered flag was already waving) and the terrible CGI helmet footage was pretty weird. If I’m right it was filmed in 2017?

Soldato
The wife and I watched it. Not a bad Sandler film considering the guff he’s been putting out the last few years.

As you say, seeing the McLaren crossing the line first (blatantly not first as the chequered flag was already waving) and the terrible CGI helmet footage was pretty weird. If I’m right it was filmed in 2017?

I'd give it a 5/10 (I gave the recent French GP 2/10 for reference). Watched it on an impromptu outdoor home cinema!

5F7w8XA.jpg

Caporegime
Is anyone else surprised at how Mick Schumacher is doing in F2 this year? I was expecting great things from him and he's basically nowhere. Of course, most of the drivers near the top are on their second season or later but, still, I thought he'd be much closer to the front.

Soldato
Is anyone else surprised at how Mick Schumacher is doing in F2 this year? I was expecting great things from him and he's basically nowhere. Of course, most of the drivers near the top are on their second season or later but, still, I thought he'd be much closer to the front.

I had noticed that some of the people jizzing in their pants about him on Facebook had been decidedly quiet recently. It was constant earlier in the year! "He should be promoted to F1". "He's so great." "I got chills watching him in the Ferrari F1 car." etc etc. I'm pretty sure that stuff doesn't help him whether he pays attention to it or not. Its almost like if you don't equal him, you're trash and that's that. Like with Bruno Senna and probably others over the years. Max is in a fortunate position that Jos wasn't brilliant. :D

Soldato
Exactly that. Mick has plenty of time. Damon was never his dad, but still successful in his own right. Both Rosbergs have a single WDC. With his record so far, I doubt Mick will join the likes of Mathias Lauda or Nico Prost as famous surnames that fell by the wayside. Can be like this in all sports, sometimes the genes carry on, sometimes they just don't have the edge.

Soldato
I think he's doing OK. A few mistakes, understandable with everything else around him (Race of Champions, demo drives, testing for Ferrari and Alfa, etc).

I thought this weekend he was good (ironically this was one of Michael's worst tracks). He had a problem with a car in race 1, but even a lap down with no hope and he was on pace with the leaders. Race 2 was obviously compromised by race 1 (starting in 18th) but he was still 0.2s off a podium at the end - had he started near the front he might have been right up there with Sette Camara and Ghiotto.

Let's face it, Norris went off form last year when the McLaren promotion talk started - he didn't look great in the second half of the season, yet he and Russell are looking very good in F1 at the moment (hard to tell with Russell admittedly, but he's doing all he can in beating his teammate).

Soldato
Silverstone seems to have signed a deal for another 5 years which is good. :) I really need to get there next year to hear these engines in person before they change for 2021.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Rich energy seems to have pulled from HAAS citing poor performance

Blaming it on poor performance from Haas along with...

Rich Energy on the Twitters said:
The politics and PC attitude in F1 is also inhibiting our business.

Link.

I think it's rather more likely that Rich Energy didn't have the money that they'd promised, and this is their inept way of trying to save face :p

Soldato
Autosport stating :
"Sources have told Autosport that the Tweet was either written or authorised by CEO William Storey, without the knowledge of the drinks firm's investors after an apparent difference of opinion."

Time to grab some popcorn. :D

Back
Top Bottom