What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Managed to 'remap' the wife's S-Max from 140bhp to 163bhp for free today. Ford sold 2 versions of the 2.0 TDCI S-Max at the time and they are mechanically identical in every way - same engine, same turbo, same intercooler, same injectors and the ECU even has maps for both variants on it. It was as simple as using FORScan to change the engine type in the configuration and telling the PCM to relearn vehicle data after. There's a definite difference after so can't complain for free.

Soldato
Managed to 'remap' the wife's S-Max from 140bhp to 163bhp for free today. Ford sold 2 versions of the 2.0 TDCI S-Max at the time and they are mechanically identical in every way - same engine, same turbo, same intercooler, same injectors and the ECU even has maps for both variants on it. It was as simple as using FORScan to change the engine type in the configuration and telling the PCM to relearn vehicle data after. There's a definite difference after so can't complain for free.

Merc did something similar with the SB2 upgrade for my old roadster (yes, that one), all it needed was the right TAN adding, they then sold you a plate to stick onto the engine as some sort of justification for what was an expensive option. The other 'easy' win on the 2.0 was the EGR system, limiting the amount of exhaust gas put back into the combustion process improves mpg and keeps the oil/manifold cleaner.

Soldato
20190715-075532.jpg

Had to change the battery

Last edited:
Associate

Do you think this is the same for the Mondeo with the same engine? How did you find this out, I've tried to do some research but couldn't find anything.

Cheers

Soldato
Yep it will be the same on the Mondeo too. As long as it's definitely the DW10C Euro 5 engine which was used from (I think) 2010 onwards. I gave it a try after reading this thread on Talkford:

https://talkford.com/community/topi...-201009-140-to-163-hp-by-elmconfig-ids/page-5

At first I thought it was only possible with Ford IDS but it is definitely possible with FORScan with the extended license and a Ford HS/MS CAN OBD cable :)

Associate
Yep it will be the same on the Mondeo too. As long as it's definitely the DW10C Euro 5 engine which was used from (I think) 2010 onwards. I gave it a try after reading this thread on Talkford:

https://talkford.com/community/topi...-201009-140-to-163-hp-by-elmconfig-ids/page-5

At first I thought it was only possible with Ford IDS but it is definitely possible with FORScan with the extended license and a Ford HS/MS CAN OBD cable :)

Brilliant, thanks for the links, yeah mine is a 2013 140 TDCI. I'll do some checks and report back.

Cheers

Soldato
Had a sticking caliper on the rear today. Sorted that out by cleaning it all up. Was a little rust on the guide pins and the piston itself on the outside. All sorted now and happy. The heat and smell was something else.

Back
Top Bottom