Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
I think the fd2 is one of those "all the car you ever need". It's practical, can fit 4, and you can have a great hoon when you're alone. I've been looking at them a lot recently and may try one when I have the opportunity just to see if it lives up to my expectations.
They are not great as a daily. Rattles, very harsh ride, loads of road noise as there’s not much sound deadening.

Man of Honour
The UK ones do, JDM models are usually more powerful. Mine’s 240 something (mapped) which doesn’t sound a lot but it is plenty for UK roads especially with its low curb weight. By contrast I think my M140i is too quick, there just isn’t enough opportunity to fully open it up without breaking the speed limit. I think Evo did an article on this and they suggested 300 BHP is the ideal amount of power for road car.

Caporegime
Talking of NA daily drivers and SUYMs I think this a good blend of Honda and BMW.

I still haven’t took proper pics but this is the best I have after a good clean.

n634Mhp.jpg
a2hQtWr.jpg
Just need to find the right roads for cars like this. Probably an argument for too fast for the road especially as it’s very refined and quiet compared to what you expect. but maybe that’s reserved for certain cars that feel like they struggle to put the power down or just don’t have the right roads.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
All this Honda chat has got me looking at actual DC5s now :/

Similar to you Simon, my second S2000 was hardly driven and didn’t feel great when it was.

Thinking a DC5 could be something fun to go alongside the RS3, which again similar to comments above is great but so damn quick.

Maybe I’ll have to pop and see my friend at Torque GT and see what they can do...

Soldato
1.2 lol.

Must be embarrassing when a 20 year old bmw sounds nicer and takes off quicker... and looks nicer.

how is that embarrassing? :rolleyes:, its a 1.2 turbo polo, its not meant to compete with big engine cars, if that polo was an n/a with 70hp then yes all that styling etc would be embarrassing, but least this polo has some performance in it.

a 20yr old bmw wont be as quick as it used to be either, plenty of cars nowadays would run circles round them.

Caporegime
how is that embarrassing? :rolleyes:, its a 1.2 turbo polo, its not meant to compete with big engine cars, if that polo was an n/a with 70hp then yes all that styling etc would be embarrassing, but least this polo has some performance in it.

The styling is mostly Marmite, I can see why some would like it. Personally I would do it different, but at least it is well executed. The massive non-functional spoiler however, I would put firmly in the "embarrassing" category. Yes it has some performance in it, but not enough for the spoiler to make sense. Maybe it could pull it off if it had a tuned Golf R lump in it. Maybe. The 'R' monickers when there is nothing remotely 'R' about it are also a bit fingers-down-your-throat. You wouldn't put ST graphics on a tuned up 1.0 EcoBoost Fiesta.

a 20yr old bmw wont be as quick as it used to be either, plenty of cars nowadays would run circles round them.

If it has been looked after properly then there is no reason why it wouldn't be. The latter point however, is very true. But is not relevant to this particular discussion! :)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Already seen those ones last night ;) Need to go have a drive in one and see what they are like as never driven a DC5.

Back
Top Bottom