Poll: German Grand Prix 2019, Hockenheim - Race 11/21

Rate the 2019 German Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
What a farce, Ferrari release Leclerc in front of another car and Ferrari themselves get a fine. Alfa Romeo team gives their drivers some information (or whatever they did) they shouldn't have done and they penalise the drivers not the team.

Ridiculous.

Man of Honour
Just watched the interview with Hamilton. He didn’t sound well at all. Should have trusted his gut and stuck inters on rather than reacting to the teams around them. Probably better for us, if not he would now be a good 50 points ahead instead of 36.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Entertaining race, shame Seb had too much of a car advantage as if you remove the top 4 cars you get some exciting racing. Stroll deserved the 3rd step tbh but that's by-the-by as it won't decide who gets what trophy at the end of the season anyway.

Some terrible tyre choices. A HAAS pits for slicks and everyone follows, madness. Back in the day there would have been driving off-line to cool and manage the tyres and some Prost like strategy going on to stay out and manage conditions as long as possible. Bit too much reliance on the pit wall in 2019 I think.

Great results for Honda though, we need this to keep them in F1. Maybe Bernie was right and the sprinkler system is what we need. 2021 sprinkler system?

Soldato
Strong 9/10 for me, really entertaining. Mercedes just dumped a season load of mistakes into one race.

Pleased for Vettel in front of his home fans. Poor timing from Gasly and Bottas with just one race before the summer break. It seems crazy to be talking about dropping a driver who’s sitting second in the championship, but Mercedes need to think longer term. That’s Ocon.

Soldato
Surprised at votes for this one, it was mixed up a lot due to changing weather but there wasn’t much racing.

I’m not a vettel fan but I was willing him past stroll to stop him getting on the podium! A great drive from vettel given what’s been going on at the recently.

Nice to see Kvyat on the podium too.

Soldato
How fickle so many of you voted, getting all excited by good luck, bad luck and chaos in the changing weather conditions... Yet when Bernie suggested random sprinklers it was poo-pooed.

Shows how dull a typical dry F1 race has become in the modern rule change eras of the last ~10 years.

Man of Honour
That was insane!
Rule number one in F1: never give up!

Proves also that Mercedes and Hamilton are human!
But that’s two setbacks for them now.....

Yup, just human. They’ll still run away with it all though.

The other rule, be on the right tyre. The slicks were at no point the right tyre.

Back
Top Bottom