• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Precision Boost Overdrive How Much Over Max Boost You Have

Associate
My 3900x will boost over 4.6 on occasion. Noctua NH-D15 cooler. I suspect it would go higher with custom water loop.

C6H 7106 BIOS 1.002 AGESA, not 1.003 which has a bad rep at the mo.

Dfp0jK4.png

Soldato
I'm on holiday at the moment, but here's a picture from playing battlefront 2 at 1080P with a 3700x. This is with pbo off, but the temps do get pretty warm, around 75 degrees.
y4m4HUMkHxueHFNCu747WxE0nj5b-rvxw7GgERWuuL-F1Z85npT3kvwrTHEQfY8o-iC8O0k0eFVm2nA55vxbjBAipv6V5GYEMsfkpCZV-2LZqt4uG38rmBi17mLVVCxp-tnEP0h7hUMRwZVwcGux-UnB0wuDWx0WsVdABGkRaoSWzl12tKOdDbGG449vVC7nVWC7YbrpT94DA_t2mgwAR6G-Q
Which cooler are you using? Mine sits between 4.2-4.25 GHz during gaming but it used to be higher than that with AGESA 1.0.0.1. I'll upload some screenshots later if I remember.

Also, what happened to your Print Screen key?

Soldato
I ran a real bench at stock on my 3700x and the highest clock I saw was 4.175 (this is using a kraken x62). This is over 200mhz below what's on the box. Are there any good overclocking guides? I had a decent overclock on my 1600 but the bios has completely changed since then (MSI pro carbon x370).

Soldato
I ran a real bench at stock on my 3700x and the highest clock I saw was 4.175 (this is using a kraken x62). This is over 200mhz below what's on the box. Are there any good overclocking guides? I had a decent overclock on my 1600 but the bios has completely changed since then (MSI pro carbon x370).
Which benchmark? Running all cores at max would see clocks like that. The maximum clock is for single threaded loads only, as has been the case with all previous Ryzen CPUs and all recent Intel CPUs.

Soldato
Which cooler are you using? Mine sits between 4.2-4.25 GHz during gaming but it used to be higher than that with AGESA 1.0.0.1. I'll upload some screenshots later if I remember.

As promised. The second run is longer but you can see a slight drop in boost clocks here even if you just look at the first ~3 minutes of each graph. Ignore the huge dips off the graph, that's just when I alt-tab and a couple of the cores clock down.

2cmn9tz.jpg

35lhjew.jpg

AGESA 1.0.0.1: Average core clock settles at 4.25-4.275 GHz after ~3 minutes
AGESA 1.0.0.3AB: Average core clock settles at 4.225-4.25 GHz after ~3 minutes

Soldato

That's with the stock prism cooler, sorry I didn't print screen as I just snapped it on my phone to show somebody on what's app. I'm not sure what agesa version it is, however I think it might be most current as I installed Ryzen master and I'm sure that includes it.

Associate
No idea what it does I turn it on and run a stress test, stress test says 4.2Ghz, CPUZ and CAM reports 4.4Ghz, doesn't look like it does anything lol, my CPU runs at 4.4Ghz regardless of whether its on or off?

Associate
Anyone have any idea why with PBO enabled and AutoOC, the clock speeds hang at around the 4 .2GHz mark until I put it under load on Cinebench and they throttle down to around 4Ghz? Must be some kind of thermal throttling right? But my CPU temps aren't even going beyond 70

Associate
Anyone have any idea why with PBO enabled and AutoOC, the clock speeds hang at around the 4 .2GHz mark until I put it under load on Cinebench and they throttle down to around 4Ghz? Must be some kind of thermal throttling right? But my CPU temps aren't even going beyond 70

Yeah mine is the same actually, it barely even hits 4.4Ghz (advertised speed) mostly hangs at 4.2 regardless of what settings I turn on or off in Ryzen Master. My temps are averaging 45C, it's not getting hot at all, yet it doesn't do it's advertised speed.

Could it just be crap BIOS or more likely crap chips?

Associate
I can see that the CPU is boosting up above 4.2 but only when the computer is basically idle. Under any kind of load it just throttles back which is .... pretty pointless.

https://pasteboard.co/Iqr8CwH.png

Yeah mine will do the same sitting on the desktop it sits at 4.3Ghz constantly occassionally hits 4.4Ghz while its doing absolutely nothing lol.

I actually set Windows Power Saver power plan when I'm not in a game so it doesn't idle so ridiculously high lol.

Back
Top Bottom