What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
I sold it!

I did get more for it than I paid 2 years ago though so I couldn't say no.

Now do I get an old cheap R6 to match my track bike, with the intention of changing the tyres and doing the service etc myself, or a Street Triple RS... or something completely different?

Soldato
Sold it:(....That depressing

Sv650 sold today :) I had 8 wheels not so long ago, and now i’m down to 2 :p

I sold it!

I did get more for it than I paid 2 years ago though so I couldn't say no.

Now do I get an old cheap R6 to match my track bike, with the intention of changing the tyres and doing the service etc myself, or a Street Triple RS... or something completely different?

3 bikes sold in 2 days; July August is when people are supposed to be riding bikes, isn’t it :p

Soldato
Drew out the old brake and clutch fluid as it was looking pretty brown. Even managed to get some air out of the system so god knows who did it last time. All went well which is a result as last time I messed with the brakes I rode the bike through the closed side gate :D

Soldato
Went to get the XR serviced, and had the new 850 GSA as a loaner. It is quite an interesting bike, albeit not quite as fun or sharp as the KTM 790. The engine is quite barky and it breezes along rather than being frantic. It is actually quite comfortable to ride, and you could spend a lot of time in the saddle. Handling is very comfortable, albeit a little soft and a spirited corner does need some planning rather than being instinctive. It does feel a little top heavy compared to the KTM, but certainly lighter than Triumph.

Overall I rather enjoyed it.

Soldato
Having been told my bike is all fixed, I have now been told that they don't have enough vans to actually drop it off to me - for over a bloody week!

Currently waiting to see if they will allow me to ride up and get it - it's in Manchester at the moment, but I'd rather lose a day's holiday to go get ti, than watch as more Summer disappears :(

Soldato
:D
Cheers all, it's a nice grippy track in the wet and fortunately it was quite warm. The next race was about 2 hours later and the sun was out and the track bone dry. Anglesey really does have a completely different climate to the rest of the UK.

At 18:20 I'd got a bit greedy with the throttle and the rear stepped out. Managed a pb of 1:18.7 on that last lap though.

Back
Top Bottom