• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
The Taichi has bluetooth though. That's one less Usb slot.

And can you show the lamp please lol. Big DB fan here.
Bright enough for night hehe:
second.jpg

Housemate gave it me for Birthday :p
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Illusion-L...ocphy=1006965&hvtargid=pla-442406084578&psc=1

Permabanned
So should I put VDDG back to auto then? I do swear tho that since doing this my intermittent freezes are gone.

This is where I got my VDDG and SOC voltages from (page 34 AMD official documentation):

Screenshot-from-2019-08-08-11-19-43.png
we did excessive testing of this voltage for stability and performance. And Performance is not affected at all 900mv is enough for 3600/1800 but for safety 950is to go voltage. Only scenario where I add volts here is in high temperature scenarios when infinity fabric looses stability due to heat. By adding More volts You are looking at extra 2c/50mv fromwhat I'w tested in 25mv jumps under maximum load. I had to have it at 1060 on that 35c day cause was running very high temperature on that day. I'm back on 950mv. Other factor could be poor chip that just NEEDS more of this voltage to have infinity fabric stable.

Permabanned
Thanks.
I'm looking forward to playing those awesome benchmarking games. :p
On a serious note, I doubt I do any major tinkering until MSI gets a new BIOS out. Maybe just some RAM tinkering.
After that I am going to test the responsiveness of opening up Chrome under the different power plans, just to see if it is worth sacrificing those milliseconds of my life.
Edit: my conclusion is likely to be that I wasted more of my life testing it than I could ever have gained by just choosing the 1ms option in the first instance; 15 minutes of testing versus 64285 times doing other stuff.
I Think MSI is just avoiding this crap AGESA or they cant make it work good enough to give out to public.

Soldato
we did excessive testing of this voltage for stability and performance. And Performance is not affected at all 900mv is enough for 3600/1800 but for safety 950is to go voltage. Only scenario where I add volts here is in high temperature scenarios when infinity fabric looses stability due to heat. By adding More volts You are looking at extra 2c/50mv fromwhat I'w tested in 25mv jumps under maximum load. I had to have it at 1060 on that 35c day cause was running very high temperature on that day. I'm back on 950mv. Other factor could be poor chip that just NEEDS more of this voltage to have infinity fabric stable.

OK, I will put back to auto and see what happens. I believe auto is 0.950mv.

Am I understanding this correctly, that if I get instability again the answer is more SOC voltage as the VDDG uses the SOC voltage as it's max voltage headroom. So more SOC = more VDDG?

Soldato
@Zeed had to put my ram back to 3200 cl14 after getting ctd in games, I was running 1.49v for 3600cl14 but it was still having errors.
Now at 3200cl no crashes but I get random stuttering that comes and then goes for a long time by itself.. Any ideas?
Or do I just have to live with cl 15 /16 if I want 1:1 1800 If?

Fancy coming round my house and sorting this out for me?

Associate
@Zeed had to put my ram back to 3200 cl14 after getting ctd in games, I was running 1.49v for 3600cl14 but it was still having errors.
Now at 3200cl no crashes but I get random stuttering that comes and then goes for a long time by itself.. Any ideas?

I'm running CL 18/19/19 at 3733MHz and getting 67ns on the latency with the IF at 1866MHz on a Corsair Vengeance B-Die 3600MHz C18 kit. I'll be deep diving timings tonight, but the stock timings it's running pretty well.

Associate
I can get it to boot but I get errors in memory testing. There's probably something simple i can do, but I'm clueless when it comes to overclocking really.

Soldato

Same boat and I have 3600Mhz RAM and I cant get it to run, boots, passes stress tests. Gaming though - plays game for 5 mins then the audio starts to crackle then machine reboots. I'm am n00b Memory OC'er also. Though technically I'm not OC'ing my RAM as its 3600Mhz. So I too am running 3200Mhz but with tightened timings and that'll do for now. Hopefully BIOS/chipset updates will make it doable in the future for a RAM n00b like me.

Soldato
I gotta be honest. ONE AND ONLY reason I went back to Asus for Ryzen when it came out was... USB ports on I/O Shield. I would have went ASRock Taichi x370 instead. As an oculus rift user i utilise:
3 usb ports for VR sensors fixed to my full scale vr gaming whatever living room.
1 for bluetooth adaptor for xbone pad and oculus touch controllers and oculus remote
1 usb to power VR helmet itself
1 mouse
1 keyboard
1 usb cable to charge my phone
1 to powetr my Saiyan RGB LAMP :D
So atm I got 8 devices plunged in and sadly Most moptherboards dont even have 6 on IO shield. And those VR sensors dont work well with usb hubs and best if they are on separate usb controllers. So got 1 in cpu usb3 1 in cpu sub2 with powered usb extention cable and 3rd in chipset usb3.

Thing is Crosshair VII is like 250 quid atm thats allot of motherboard when You look at x570 prices. But You wont get PCIE 4.0 cause AMD killed it off :/

Perfect, thanks. No need for that many usb ports for me. I don't use VR at all.
I've had a look at the prices and would maybe be best just going with a decent VRM Asus or Taichi from the X570 range.

Permabanned
I think CL14 at 3600MHz is very hard to achieve.
Its memory kit dependant. I had 3600cl14 on my z2700x BUT had to use GEARDOWN ON thats why I was using 3533cl14 with no geardown :)

I could dig out my 3733cl14/1866 STABLE timings on Zen2 if Ya want. its using 1.45 volts that was with 100bclk as I said for 3800/1900 i went with 101.8bclk.
Thats was with my old mem kit aka 3733cl18 teamgroup xtreem noormal not 8pack edition.

Back
Top Bottom