** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Soldato
OCUK are getting very good at over-hyping products, taking your money and then not being able to supply it. I see their tactic, they're effectively holding you and your money hostage, so you don't shop elsewhere. They hyped up an ASUS 2070S and took people's money, they coluldn't supply the card in anywhre near the numbers required, still got the money though sooooo yeah.... they were talking about a delivery of TWO units the other day...

Don't believe the hype.

Associate
So what's the equivalent freesync that is gsync compatible/certified at the £475-500 price? I'm in the market for one of these but deciding whether the wait is worth it.

Man of Honour
So this monitor is basically the same thing as the PG279Q and we only have a big thread about it because of the 1ms fib.
Not really no. It’s adaptive sync instead of exclusively Gsync, so more suitable if you want future flexibility or have an AMD card now. It has a wide gamut backlight which the Asus doesn’t. If you want to get specific it’s also more suitable for 60Hz console gaming given better response times and adaptive sync support over HDMI.

Soldato
OCUK are getting very good at over-hyping products, taking your money and then not being able to supply it. I see their tactic, they're effectively holding you and your money hostage, so you don't shop elsewhere. They hyped up an ASUS 2070S and took people's money, they coluldn't supply the card in anywhre near the numbers required, still got the money though sooooo yeah.... they were talking about a delivery of TWO units the other day...

Don't believe the hype.

We really haven't much choice this being a UK exclusive for OcUK and sure i don't like this holding my money for a month before i even get the goods, but if i want it earlier that's what you have to do. At the end of the day as long as the monitor comes in good working order that's all i'm really needing.

Associate
Well the TFT Central review is at least a bit of a relief, even if I do have to wait a bit at least I won't be worrying I've bought a complete lemon :p

As for the waiting - eh, it's annoying, but if there are only X number of panels coming in then that's all there is. Like ShaolinDreams says it's not like there's another store that's got tons of them just waiting to be bought, we're getting them when LG give them to OCUK. There were stock issues with my 1080 as well, but I got it in the end, I'm sure I'll get this as well(and at the pre-national self harm price, thankfully).

Associate
VERY sneaky OCUK with the £20+ price rise now that reviews are out.

Very sneaky indeed.

Wait months for an item and also pay more. Such a shame about this monitor. Looked very solid, but now might as well keep waiting for the next releases of 1440 144hz instead.

Soldato
VERY sneaky OCUK with the £20+ price rise now that reviews are out.

Very sneaky indeed.

Wait months for an item and also pay more. Such a shame about this monitor. Looked very solid, but now might as well keep waiting for the next releases of 1440 144hz instead.
It has nothing to do with the reviews and it was not sneaky as they pre warned us. Blame the people who voted to leave the EU which caused the pound to drop. Expect more prices raises not just here but all over.

Back
Top Bottom