ANNO 1800

Associate
Liked SC2013 also. Have played more than Cities Skylines by factor of 100. :/

However never saw Anno games as city builders, because of the cut down mechanics of what could a "city builder".

I really enjoyed SC2013, until I'd always run into traffic at the entry point, or my mega towers would fail because of the unemployed/over worked rubbish. I wish C:S would have the upgrade options SC2013 had, where you could add another ambulance, fire engine, jail, to the buildings.

Anno, IMO, isn't a city builder either, as you say it's very basic. It's more like design your own settlement, but it's mostly a logistics game. At least the older ones were. Create resource, manage supply lines, defend supply lines, process said resource, ship it if needed.

Man of Honour
I've heard mixed reports on how well this game runs, I want to get it and ideally run it maxed out in 1080p. Is my setup going to be capable of doing that at a minimum of 60fps?

It has been optimised with each subsequent patch and they have added graphical features each time too. I am running a 1080Ti and now that the Dx12 crashes have been fixed it runs like a dream. My old i7 4770k easily handles the 100 hour map that I have up and running now.

Associate
It has been optimised with each subsequent patch and they have added graphical features each time too. I am running a 1080Ti and now that the Dx12 crashes have been fixed it runs like a dream. My old i7 4770k easily handles the 100 hour map that I have up and running now.

CPU wise I know I'll be fine, but my 1070ti is nowhere near as fast as your 1080ti sadly lol. Screw it, I'll get it anyway and if it runs like a slide show I'll consider breaking my promise to myself and getting a turing card.

Soldato
CPU wise I know I'll be fine, but my 1070ti is nowhere near as fast as your 1080ti sadly lol. Screw it, I'll get it anyway and if it runs like a slide show I'll consider breaking my promise to myself and getting a turing card.
I have a FuryX and it runs fine @1200p, don't know what the setting are but it looks good.

Soldato
I've heard mixed reports on how well this game runs, I want to get it and ideally run it maxed out in 1080p. Is my setup going to be capable of doing that at a minimum of 60fps?

Played it extensively today on the weekly trial. It runs fine on DX12 with a 3900X & 5700XT AE, with all settings maxed out at 2560x1440.

I really enjoyed SC2013, until I'd always run into traffic at the entry point, or my mega towers would fail because of the unemployed/over worked rubbish. I wish C:S would have the upgrade options SC2013 had, where you could add another ambulance, fire engine, jail, to the buildings.

Anno, IMO, isn't a city builder either, as you say it's very basic. It's more like design your own settlement, but it's mostly a logistics game. At least the older ones were. Create resource, manage supply lines, defend supply lines, process said resource, ship it if needed.

Gave 1800 a try today, meh. Idk feels the same like all others. I see no point spending €40 for it, rather play 1404, 1701, 2205 or the best of them all, 2070

Associate
Gave 1800 a try today, meh. Idk feels the same like all others. I see no point spending €40 for it, rather play 1404, 1701, 2205 or the best of them all, 2070
Same as me really, I loved the setting of 2205, but preferred the mechanics of the older ones, 2070/1404 etc. I agree 2070 is, IMO, the best. I'm in no rush for 1800, 2205 was my first introduction to a season pass not being a season pass which Ubi then caved on and gave everyone all the DLC for it, but I'd rather wait for the complete collection and just buy that when it comes out. I'm unimpressed by the live services model of multiple seasons.

Plus you know, being an unemployed git means I don't wanna spend that much on the game. :p

Soldato
Same as me really, I loved the setting of 2205, but preferred the mechanics of the older ones, 2070/1404 etc. I agree 2070 is, IMO, the best. I'm in no rush for 1800, 2205 was my first introduction to a season pass not being a season pass which Ubi then caved on and gave everyone all the DLC for it, but I'd rather wait for the complete collection and just buy that when it comes out. I'm unimpressed by the live services model of multiple seasons.

Plus you know, being an unemployed git means I don't wanna spend that much on the game. :p

Ubisoft is very expensive tbh. I would consider Tropic 6 the better game than 1800, as both are on similar genres.
With basic city building, production focused and doing missions.

As for Anno 2070, for years was voting for Rufus Thorne and especially Skylar Banes. She was badass ruthless woman. :D
And was the period was working for UKC, so down with the environmentalists tree huggers. Burn the coal baby!!!!! :D

Man of Honour
Ubisoft is very expensive tbh. I would consider Tropic 6 the better game than 1800, as both are on similar genres.
With basic city building, production focused and doing missions.

As for Anno 2070, for years was voting for Rufus Thorne and especially Skylar Banes. She was badass ruthless woman. :D
And was the period was working for UKC, so down with the environmentalists tree huggers. Burn the coal baby!!!!! :D

I much preferred Anno 1800 over tropico 6. Tropico is far too shallow for me in comparison, although I enjoyed them both.

I miss features from 2205 and 2070 like the global votes and also the stat bars at the top that told you exactly what you were under or over producing. Anno 2205 was also a stunning game, especially the moon and arctic.

I am looking forward to the Arctic dlc for 1800.

Associate
I feel I should enjoy Tropico, I really do, but I end up feeling...meh. Maybe Anno has it's nostalgia factor which does it for me and I don't realise but I don't know. Plus the Anno music, I love it :D

Man of Honour
I feel I should enjoy Tropico, I really do, but I end up feeling...meh. Maybe Anno has it's nostalgia factor which does it for me and I don't realise but I don't know. Plus the Anno music, I love it :D

The problem with tropico is that I just end up with the same build every time, start raking in cash and after repeating this many times gave up.

I had reached a cap in Anno 1800 too, but sunken treasures has freshened it up somewhat.

That said, I would play any of the previous titles first that can be picked up pretty cheap. 1800 is great though, there is a reason why it is the best selling Anno.

Associate
Any of them worth getting?
Most people will probably say 1404 is the one to get in the series - can't really say anything about 1800 because I've not played it, plus it's not on sale! Presumably because of the setting and it's more traditional Anno feel.
IMO 2070 is better. IIRC - it's been years since I've played 1404 - 2070 has 3 types of build 'factions', Eco, Tycoon and Tech, 1404 has 2 West and East. I believe 2070 has longer production chains thanks to the expansion, and there's also building underwater to add a bit of a difference. There's also an environmental system, which I believe affects natural disasters, there's also tech to research to boost your production or buildings.

Having said all that, IMO if you've never played Anno before get 1404. It's not too dissimilar mechanically, if you like it you may end up grabbing 2070 in the future and I'm sure it's been down to around £6 before in sales,if you don't like it it's half the price and the remainder of the money can be spent on a space beer to help you forget you've played it :p

Man of Honour
Most people will probably say 1404 is the one to get in the series - can't really say anything about 1800 because I've not played it, plus it's not on sale! Presumably because of the setting and it's more traditional Anno feel.
IMO 2070 is better. IIRC - it's been years since I've played 1404 - 2070 has 3 types of build 'factions', Eco, Tycoon and Tech, 1404 has 2 West and East. I believe 2070 has longer production chains thanks to the expansion, and there's also building underwater to add a bit of a difference. There's also an environmental system, which I believe affects natural disasters, there's also tech to research to boost your production or buildings.

Having said all that, IMO if you've never played Anno before get 1404. It's not too dissimilar mechanically, if you like it you may end up grabbing 2070 in the future and I'm sure it's been down to around £6 before in sales,if you don't like it it's half the price and the remainder of the money can be spent on a space beer to help you forget you've played it :p
Thanks, think I'll try the 1404 then, as you say it's cheap, though even if I do like it I'll still have a space beer :D

Soldato
If anyone wants to get this use code UBIXP20 to get an extra 20% off, not sure how long it lasts though
At the moment its 25% off anyway with that code it comes down to £47.39 from £78.99 which is the Gold edition:

The Gold Edition includes :
• Anno 1800 game
• The Deluxe Pack, which includes the Anarchist AI character, the digital soundtrack, the digital art book, and 4 exclusive company logos
• The Season Pass, which includes 3 DLC releases coming this year.

Decisions, decisions.

Back
Top Bottom