MotoGP 2019

Associate
Anyone going to Silverstone this year?

Anyone else? This weekend, really looking forward to it. Weather is supposed to be pretty good, praying it's not a repeat of last year!

From everything I've seen, the track is meant to be much improved although I read that the F1 drivers don't think the bikes will like it for some reason.

Man of Honour
I'm away unfortunately, but would love to go some time. Personally think the track improvements look solid which may help Marquez actually.
He traditionally doesn't go quite as well at Silverstone due to the bumps and how harsh the Honda is, but if it's smooth it will favour him a lot.

Associate
I think it was Michael Laverty on BT the other weekend that had a go round Silverstone on a Moto2 bike - he said it was ace, and wasn't sure what the F1 lot were on about. Wish I could go, weather looks like it'll be good, hopefully it'll be a good weekend for Ducati :)

Soldato
Anyone else? This weekend, really looking forward to it. Weather is supposed to be pretty good, praying it's not a repeat of last year!

From everything I've seen, the track is meant to be much improved although I read that the F1 drivers don't think the bikes will like it for some reason.

Yep, there from tomorrow. Hoping for a Rossi win.

Soldato
Incredible game of chess there. When he got squeezed the lap before I thought that looked fairly deliberate and so it came to be. Fantastic craft from Rins.

Soldato
Incredible game of chess there. When he got squeezed the lap before I thought that looked fairly deliberate and so it came to be. Fantastic craft from Rins.
I think he said post race that he thought that was the last lap which is why he went for that move on the outside. Absolutely awesome end to the race though. 2 in 2 that Marquez has been pipped on the final corner on the final lap.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Well what an ending to the Thai gp, got to feel sorry for Quartararo, he looked utterly crushed when he crossed the finish line, as an aside what the hell is going on with Lorenzo, he's on a full works HRC factory Honda & he's finishing 18th!, the mind boggles?...

Soldato
Marc isn’t doing the series any favours at the moment, watching him follow the leader for the whole race then overtake them on the last lap is getting boring very quickly!

Soldato
Marc isn’t doing the series any favours at the moment, watching him follow the leader for the whole race then overtake them on the last lap is getting boring very quickly!
Isn’t that what Rossi did in the height of his success and was hailed as ‘the doctor’?

don’t forget that it has resulted in some epic last lap battles and Marquez doesn’t always come out on top

Soldato
Isn’t that what Rossi did in the height of his success and was hailed as ‘the doctor’?

don’t forget that it has resulted in some epic last lap battles and Marquez doesn’t always come out on top

I watch pretty much every motogp/wsbk/bsbk/speedway gp/f1 race and for me motogp is becoming a bit dull like f1. Granted there are some spectacular races now and again but more often than not I could fall asleep mid race. Wsbk is similar although it's got better this year with having bautista up at the front. For me bsbk and speedway gp nail it almost every race, you never know who's going to win and there are almost always battles to watch and get excited about.

Soldato
I watch pretty much every motogp/wsbk/bsbk/speedway gp/f1 race and for me motogp is becoming a bit dull like f1. Granted there are some spectacular races now and again but more often than not I could fall asleep mid race. Wsbk is similar although it's got better this year with having bautista up at the front. For me bsbk and speedway gp nail it almost every race, you never know who's going to win and there are almost always battles to watch and get excited about.
Yeah, the last few races have been a case of waiting for the last few laps. Can’t blame Marquez for that though, the competition have completely dropped off.

Quartararo is probably going to get a works Yamaha next season so that’ll be him racing around in the midfield.

Associate
It's all about Moto3 for me now, the MotoGP is best watched recorded so I can fast forward if it's a race like today's. Hopefully next season we can have some excitement back in the premier class.

Soldato
It's all about Moto3 for me now, the MotoGP is best watched recorded so I can fast forward if it's a race like today's. Hopefully next season we can have some excitement back in the premier class.

That's down to the bad tv producer not showing other overtakes.
F1 is even worse for it. At the last race they missed 16 overtakes.

The BBC was best for motor sport viewing.

Back
Top Bottom