Ryzen 3000 Infinity Fabric Overclocking, and Voltages

Associate
I think I found my problem.
It was neither Ram nor CPU but the GPU.

I switched my old gtx780 for a new gt1030 (still waiting for custom Navi cards:p) and so far no crashes even at 3600/1800 with 1.2V Dram.
I guess my 780 was beginning to die anyway and the OC added stress to the PCIe bus and that made the GPU crash even in a dedicated CPU benchmark.

Associate
First find out your max IF clock then work on matching ram (2x) IF.

The way to go about it is set ram to defaults, set IF to max which is 1900MHz and see if Windows happy. If not keep reducing the speed until you think windows is happy (mine was 1800MHz).

The instability your seeing is not an unstable IF, but because your dram volts are too low imo.

When you think you know what the max FCLK is then set your ram 2x FCLK.

As for running your ram at 3600MHz CL16. Leave all volts auto but set dram voltage to 1.4v. That should get you stable at 3600MHz if your ram is anything like mine.

I'm going to try this tonight. Was trying to underclock my 8Pack 4000MHz CL18 using Ryzen calculator to 3600MHZ CL14 but I couldn't even get it to boot.

It seems to operate on the XMP 4000MHZ without any real issue. I'm just conscious that this is probably making the IF 2:1.

Soldato
I'm going to try this tonight. Was trying to underclock my 8Pack 4000MHz CL18 using Ryzen calculator to 3600MHZ CL14 but I couldn't even get it to boot.

It seems to operate on the XMP 4000MHZ without any real issue. I'm just conscious that this is probably making the IF 2:1.

Yea settle on a FCLK of 1900MHz - 1800MHz and your ram 3800MHz - 3600MHz.

Keep IF 1:1.

Soldato

It will be out of sync at that point. Keep 1:1 with FCLK.

I also have 4000MHz CL18 RAM (G.Skill, but likely similar bin). If the Ryzen Calculator settings for 3600 aren't working, it might be just tweaking ProcODT or voltages, but first try using "Profile V2" and work from there.

6rIYtj3.png

Associate
It will be out of sync at that point. Keep 1:1 with FCLK.

I also have 4000MHz CL18 RAM (G.Skill, but likely similar bin). If the Ryzen Calculator settings for 3600 aren't working, it might be just tweaking ProcODT or voltages, but first try using "Profile V2" and work from there.

Yeh I was noticing that using the system even in desktop it isn't quite as quick or sharp as I had expected it to be.

I noticed my memory chip quality was 93% - is that good enough?

I'll have another play about tonight. Its very frustrating when it wont even boot - feel like I'm doing something wrong but don't see how I can be when I'm simply copying the numbers from the calculator to the ASRock bios.

Soldato
I cant get my 8pack 4000 ram to downclock to 3600 either

Which board? You should be able to get it going pretty easily at the very least 1.4v and auto timings then adjust down and it will most likely work fine at 3600, CL16 or lower. If you are using all the settings from DRAM calculator some don’t seem compatible so start on loose timings auto first and work down to optimum.

What? If it works at 4000 then it should able to run other frequencies. Try setting it at 3600Mhz C18 with 1.35v or something. Since its 8Pack it should be B Die and therefore run 3600Mhz C16?

1.4v would be the spec on these.

Associate
OP
Which board? You should be able to get it going pretty easily at the very least 1.4v and auto timings then adjust down and it will most likely work fine at 3600, CL16 or lower. If you are using all the settings from DRAM calculator some don’t seem compatible so start on loose timings auto first and work down to optimum.

1.4v would be the spec on these.
You can do 3600Mhz c16 at 1.35v since its B Die, unless he got a very bad binned IC which should not be the case because his kit is rated 4000Mhz

Soldato
Is there any way when I mess up settings to not have to sit through 10 minutes of boot looping before it defaults the bios, it's infuriating
Can't it just go like a normal motherboard and go... Nope it's not booting, switching bios, or resetting bios, why do these x570s just sit there not knowing what to do it's embarrassing for the price they cost

Associate
OP
Is there any way when I mess up settings to not have to sit through 10 minutes of boot looping before it defaults the bios, it's infuriating
Can't it just go like a normal motherboard and go... Nope it's not booting, switching bios, or resetting bios, why do these x570s just sit there not knowing what to do it's embarrassing for the price they cost
Try pressing and holding the Clear CMOS button in the back for like 3 seconds. It should reboot fairly quickly at stock settings. Looking at your signature you have an Aorus board, many people are reporting slow boot up times with Aorus boards.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try pressing and holding the Clear CMOS button in the back for like 3 seconds. It should reboot fairly quickly at stock settings. Looking at your signature you have an Aorus board, many people are reporting low boot up times with Aorus boards.
Wish I had one of those, I have to take off my side panel take out my gpu then bridge the clear CMOS pins

Back
Top Bottom