Guys guide to online dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
A friend's GF used to go to same gym as me, used to have a bit of a chat with her and she would quite often bring her sister along. On POF I managed to message the sister without realising who it was, her photos looked like a completely different person. I understand wanting to put your best side up but it's probably too far when you can't even recognise them!

What you mean like all things in life, how many people go to interview and chat absolute nonsense or exaggerate stories to appear cooler. Let’s not pretend blokes aren’t angling on photos either or posing in front of a BMW, with their Rolex on show.

Soldato
What you mean like all things in life, how many people go to interview and chat absolute nonsense or exaggerate stories to appear cooler. Let’s not pretend blokes aren’t angling on photos either or posing in front of a BMW, with their Rolex on show.

I meant for a dating profile, as when you meet in real life the person simply does not look like their pictures.

Caporegime
I meant for a dating profile, as when you meet in real life the person simply does not look like their pictures.

I know what you meant but people put up an illusion in all areas of life, society has been heading toward that direction for a while now, where it’s what you can pretend to be, rather than what you are.

Besides this is in relation to that woman on the previous page, who even with some extra pounds would get dusted every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Soldato
1. 95% of women are filtered and photoshopped, you're in for a shock if you meet them
2. add 10 years for their actual age
3. average body size choice = very large
4. if they're looking for "financially solvent" well that's self explanatory
5. camera held high selfie, refer to 3.

I'm no George Clooney and I've got realistic expectations, but what is the point in women lying, to waste peoples time?

6. No full body photos, only face and cleavage, refer to 3.
7. If their occupation is "career" then they are a unemployed single mother.
8. Stated in their education as "some college" refer to 7.

Man of Honour
1. 95% of women are filtered and photoshopped, you're in for a shock if you meet them
2. add 10 years for their actual age
3. average body size choice = very large
4. if they're looking for "financially solvent" well that's self explanatory
5. camera held high selfie, refer to 3.

I'm no George Clooney and I've got realistic expectations, but what is the point in women lying, to waste peoples time?
I'm old, married and don't have any experience of online dating. But my mate recently broke up from a long term relationship and joined the usual sites. He pretty much concurs. After six months he's started to be brutally honest to some of them when he's met up; too brutal in my opinion but he's fed up funding dinner and drinks for people who have, frankly, lied to him **

I think part of the problem is the filters that apps like instagram automatically apply.

** I appreciate some men are horrible people too - I'm not just trying to paint women as the sole offenders here.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm old, married and don't have any experience of online dating. But my mate recently broke up from a long term relationship and joined the usual sites. He pretty much concurs. After six months he's started to be brutally honest to some of them when he's met up; too brutal in my opinion but he's fed up funding dinner and drinks for people who have, frankly, lied to him **

I think part of the problem is the filters that apps like instagram automatically apply.

** I appreciate some men are horrible people too - I'm not just trying to paint women as the sole offenders here.

Why is he funding the dinners? Both adults in 2019 and for the first time split the bill. Simples. Take turns thereafter if all goes well.

But yeah, the points mentioned earlier all apply. The vast majority of it comes down to self doubt and insecurity. Everyone wants to be the social media celeb they follow, so the "look" has to reflect that on the screen.

Associate
I don't get all the hate for online dating, it's just like pulling a lady in the night clubs of old then getting a shock of your life when the lights were switched on at the end of the night except you have a fighting chance of filtering out the monsters if you are savvy before committing to buying them 5 double vodkas.

I loved online dating, I just didn't make the mistake of commiting to a meal/cinema date. Coffee date all the way so if they weren't as described i could take my flat white and moonwalk out of there after 10 minutes.

Soldato
I don't get all the hate for online dating, it's just like pulling a lady in the night clubs of old then getting a shock of your life when the lights were switched on at the end of the night except you have a fighting chance of filtering out the monsters if you are savvy before committing to buying them 5 double vodkas.

I loved online dating, I just didn't make the mistake of commiting to a meal/cinema date. Coffee date all the way so if they weren't as described i could take my flat white and moonwalk out of there after 10 minutes.

Unless you are physically blind, with or without beer goggles you can still make out their body type in a club.

Associate
She was already having a bad day because she missed the coach and had to get a train.

Life really sticks it in and breaks it off sometimes. Good job we have gofundme type services to help us get through these catastrophes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom