Neighbour threatened to knock me out...

Soldato
Does he live alone? If so you know what to do! Joking aside probably report it to the police, just so they have record of it, with the CCTV if he says he didn't speak to you then he's already talked himself into a hole.
Difficult and horrible situation. Normally I'd agree with everyone saying to report him, but I believe it was someone here who raised the point about any official neighbourly fuedes etc popping up on future solicitor searches and potentially effecting a future sale.

Would you want to move into a house where the current occupier has filed a police report on a neighbour?

Obviously if he actually takes a swing then get straight down to the station, but I'd probably take a minute to just laugh at how pathetic he is, but otherwise ignore him/forget about him and not let him effect my life.
Could be rental, or maybe he has no intention of selling and has lived their for years, you're right though that is something to think about otherwise.

Soldato
Does he live alone? If so you know what to do! Joking aside probably report it to the police, just so they have record of it, with the CCTV if he says he didn't speak to you then he's already talked himself into a hole.

Could be rental, or maybe he has no intention of selling and has lived their for years, you're right though that is something to think about otherwise.

Well yeah, obvs if renting then go the full hog and post him a used jonny every day for a month.

Associate
This. Zero tolerance.
+1.
I personally keep my garden at tiptop condition, but because I enjoy it and have some time available for it, but don't expect the next door neighbour, with children, to do the same.
I wouldn't appreciate if was the case of animals covering the garden in **** and the smell stopping me from enjoying my garden, buy overgrow lawn or untidy garden isn't a concern. They are lovely decent neighbours and that's all that matters.

Associate
Are you both Council tenants as this threat is a breach of his tenancy?

Is your garden overgrown, which would be a breach of your tenancy?

Soldato
OP
I was thinking about filling in an online police report but not sure if I can be bothered with them coming round here first to confirm things and stuff before they go knocking on his door. I didn't actually get him on CCTV as it's out of view but if he had went for a swing I would have made sure I was in view first.

I own my property and he owns his but I don't give two hoots about anything police related coming up on searches, if at all, in the future. I doubt it would anyway as it would unlikely go any further than the police knocking on his door and having words.

Other than the weeds, there is no rubbish or dog **** or any stink in my garden.

Associate
Q What about the Weeds Act?

A This legislation aims to control a small number of pernicious agricultural weeds by requiring landowners to prevent them setting seed. The weeds are broad-leafed dock (Rumex obtusifolius), curled dock (Rumex crispus), creeping or field thistle (Cirsium arvense), spear thistle (Cirsium vulgare) and ragwort (Senecio jacobea).

Inspectors from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) have the power to inspect the land and serve an order requiring the owner to control the weeds. However, they are unlikely to do this except in agricultural areas, and even these cases are very rare.

Associate
The neighbour has imploded and approached you in the wrong manner and rattled you. The temptation to dig in let the garden grow triffids - is probably strong.

Were there any flash points or warning signs beforehand?

Sorry, but reporting to the Police - Its entirely your choice; What are they going to do? If you want to fight fire with fire - fill your boots. Neighbour disputes can turn very nasty - ironic when they can be resolved by common sense.

Asking a forum for advice - you will get the bravado responses - you will live the consequences and its your call.

Soldato
OP
Totally out of the blue and no previous warning signs. I think we just happened to be in the right place at the right time e.g. me getting out of my car while he was on his way to get in his car. I hardly ever see him in the street.

Back
Top Bottom