Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
But I love the combat in Odyssey, especially once you get the skill enhancements some of them are insanely fun to play with.

Yesterday I was just going around and killing lots of well protected leaders as the fights when surrounded by loads of elite enemies and when they start calling in 3 or 4 bounty hunters is so satisfying.

Associate
But I love the combat in Odyssey, especially once you get the skill enhancements some of them are insanely fun to play with.

Yesterday I was just going around and killing lots of well protected leaders as the fights when surrounded by loads of elite enemies and when they start calling in 3 or 4 bounty hunters is so satisfying.

Running CC and CD build you feel totally OP - deserving of that Demi-God status, I don't even feel quilty whilst smashing mobs away with 2mill+ damage with an Overpower attack and Heavy Blunt weapons. Properly good fun that reminds me of DMC/Bayonetta Hack'n'slash type of games.

Shawrey

Soldato
CC and CD ?

I feel I've stuck with the two same weapon types thoughout the game I should give others a go but Swords, daggers and a lot of bow play is what I find most satisfying

Associate
CC and CD ?

I feel I've stuck with the two same weapon types thoughout the game I should give others a go but Swords, daggers and a lot of bow play is what I find most satisfying

*Crit Chance (CC) & Crit Damage (CD). You'll find armour that has high CC on Full health give the best CC bonus.

I would guess the Weapons matter most in relation to the abilities you are speccing. Swords/Daggers tend to lend better to Asssination builds where you can chain the kills together however, they do have high single burst damage with the Overpower attack.

In comparison, the Heavy Weapons can consistently 1hit kill mobs once specced - charged Heavy Hit and Overpower attack based on CC and CD thus mitigating risk of open combat and waiting for adrenaline etc.

Shawrey

Soldato
Ah nice I'll give those a go.

I've been putting a lot of my ability points in hunter skills (I now have a very quick charging bow and silly headshot damage buffs)

I don't find waiting for adrenaline to be much of an issue, lots of quick bow shots gives me a chunk back quickly and on either of my weapons I have 'Successfully Parry gives 10% Health/adrenaline' I have one of each perk on the sword/dagger

Associate
Ah nice I'll give those a go.

I've been putting a lot of my ability points in hunter skills (I now have a very quick charging bow and silly headshot damage buffs)

I don't find waiting for adrenaline to be much of an issue, lots of quick bow shots gives me a chunk back quickly and on either of my weapons I have 'Successfully Parry gives 10% Health/adrenaline' I have one of each perk on the sword/dagger

If you are running Hunter build as main, I would scrap the Swords/Daggers - just equip what ever weapons give you the biggest boost in Hunter damage, All damage, CC and CD etc - best optimization to increase the overall bow damage.

The way I've found the builds work in AC:Odyssey is that you should master one rather than be jack of all trades as you forsake overall damage output for little benefit. With a Hunter you should always be elevated where possible to mitigate risk of close quarters open combat where the Bows usefulness is going to be moot.

Either way, CC & CD are the meta and even though I have nothing specced into Assassin (full Warrior build with 95% CC and 500% CD on Full Health, where I basically Crit every hit regardless), can still 1 hit assassinate someone if needs be due to the insane CC and CD.

Hunter build should work the same way and feel very overpowered with high CC and CD.

Shawrey

Soldato
your decisions really affect the dialogue and how much Persephone trusts in you (but afaik, the ending still happens for canon into Ep.2)

Shawrey

I just don't really have any interest in any of the 'choices'. The Isu woman at the start says it is just some simulation she made for some reason. Nothing you do really matters in the grader scheme of things. Instead of linking things together in an interesting way they just say "it's a simulation" .... Meh.

Soldato
Playing more of the first part of Fate of Atlantis. I'm enjoying it even if I do find the story side pretty meh. The game has never looked better and I'm happy they have done a few things differently to the main game. Locations definitely feel more unique. There are tombs and caves that felt more crafted than the ones in the main map and that is nice to see.
Also, another small change I like is with the enhancements and the way you get them. In this dlc you explore a tomb or cave etc and at the end you get an enhancement for a specific skill unlike in the main game where you just explore a copy/paste tomb and get a skill point. Also, there a few puzzle elements which the series really needs to reintroduce.

I still have no idea what I am doing here or what the point of this 'simulation' is though.

Last edited:
Associate
I just don't really have any interest in any of the 'choices'. The Isu woman at the start says it is just some simulation she made for some reason. Nothing you do really matters in the grader scheme of things. Instead of linking things together in an interesting way they just say "it's a simulation" .... Meh.

A simulation is what every AC game has been? The 'animus' creates the simulation for the Modern day character(s) to go back in time through their bloodline and locate the pieces of Eden throughout history.

This is an extension of that where Layla is going back through Atlantis to gain the knowledge on how to use the Staff which is one of the pieces of Eden (all the Eden pieces were created by the Isu).

The pieces of Eden were intended to be used in Modern day to stop an Armageddon type scenario but there is an internal power struggle/conflict of interest within the Isu

Shawrey

Soldato
A simulation is what every AC game has been? The 'animus' creates the simulation for the Modern day character(s) to go back in time through their bloodline and locate the pieces of Eden throughout history.
Kind of, but the events within the animus are real. The PC is experiencing events that happened and interacting with characters that existed by seeing it through the eyes of someone who was there... This is woman says at the start of the dlc that she created this simulation to teach kassandra how to use the staff. It is just a simulation for Kassandra to go through so there aren't really any choices to make in it. She isn't going back and experiencing events that someone else went through like in the animus. It's lazy imo... They could have properly integrated the Greek gods in a much better way than just calling it all a simulation.

I'm enjoying the dlc, but as I said, that part of it has meant I'm not really invested in it like I was the rest of the game.

Associate
Kind of, but the events within the animus are real. The PC is experiencing events that happened and interacting with characters that existed by seeing it through the eyes of someone who was there... This is woman says at the start of the dlc that she created this simulation to teach kassandra how to use the staff. It is just a simulation for Kassandra to go through so there aren't really any choices to make in it. She isn't going back and experiencing events that someone else went through like in the animus. It's lazy imo... They could have properly integrated the Greek gods in a much better way than just calling it all a simulation.

I'm enjoying the dlc, but as I said, that part of it has meant I'm not really invested in it like I was the rest of the game.

Who's to say the simulations aren't effecting the real events though? I now do see your point though in regards to it just 'teaching Kassandra/Alexios on how to use the staff'. They could have easily said something else like we are going to put you through a series of trials to learn about the staff with consequences related to your own choices - giving that illusion of a branching narrative. May well have been a bit more immersive that way.

All I can say is that the visuals of Atlantis are stunning.

Shawrey

Soldato
Just finished the first episode of Fate of Atlantis. Really really good overall, just hampered by some of the old dumb Ubisoft writing. My favourite-- in one of the awful pointless modern day bits, a spec ops team gets to Atlantis and attacks you.... With swords!

And the quest A Life for a Life-
so you are given the option to kill leonidas and in return Persephone will release someone you know from the underworld... What is this supposed to accomplish? Its a simulation created by Alethia I think(I'll never remember her name). They play emotional music when you are given the option and kassandra acts like it is a big deal, but who cares. It isn't real and kassandra knows it isn't real!

Soldato
Cerboros- really good boss fight. More of this please Ubisoft!

Really enjoying Torment of Hades. Better than the first episode imo. Only thing I'd say is it seems like they had the opportunity(and desire probably) to go full on Dark Souls, but bottled it. They should have made this realm and the things you do there vastly different from the main game... At this point only people who really loved the game are still invested in it and it would have been Intersting to shake things up. I'd have gone no map, no eagle, no mount and made the map smaller. Would have been really Intersting imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Pighardia Might sound like a good idea but remember 90% of the playerbase can't even find the main-menu without help. No game with this much mass appeal will ever be remotely challenging sadly, same thing happened with Witcher 3, but at least that one you can mod it in.

Soldato
My only issue with this game is it's too flipping long. I'm about 50% through the story and a good 70hrs in.

Still got loads of the map to do as well.

And then the DLC....

I'm rushing to cover as much as I can before RDR2 comes out next month.

Only issue is I might be a bit burnt out of these types of games when it launches. Might need a break.

Soldato
@Pighardia Might sound like a good idea but remember 90% of the playerbase can't even find the main-menu without help. No game with this much mass appeal will ever be remotely challenging sadly, same thing happened with Witcher 3, but at least that one you can mod it in.

Oh I know it was never really on the cards but it would be nice to see them try something different. As it is Elysium and Hades realm aren't really that different from the main game. You are basically doing the same things tbh. Clearing forts and killing cultist/mercenaries etc. As I said, only real fans of the game will have stuck with the game this far so they could have gone for it and made the different realms feel truly unique.

Unfortunately Ubisoft has sacrificed a lot for accessibility... Hence the whole dlc being just a 'simulation' so that you can switch back to the real Greece whenever you want. They should have had some conviction and stuck you in there until you get out.

Associate
I know I'm late to the party but i just got a new GPU and monitor and I'm looking for SP games to enjoy them, is Odyssey a good buy? It's kinda cheap on Cdkeys. Should I get the DLC's too?

Soldato
My only issue with this game is it's too flipping long. I'm about 50% through the story and a good 70hrs in.

Still got loads of the map to do as well.

And then the DLC....

I'm rushing to cover as much as I can before RDR2 comes out next month.

Only issue is I might be a bit burnt out of these types of games when it launches. Might need a break.

If it makes you feel better, I'm at 180 hours and there are still 2/3 little Islands I've never bothered to visit. I spent yesterday just going to parts of the map i never checked out before mostly just to cause some fights.

If Ubisoft came out today and said they were going to do another DLC trilogy, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Absolutely love this game.

I know I'm late to the party but i just got a new GPU and monitor and I'm looking for SP games to enjoy them, is Odyssey a good buy? It's kinda cheap on Cdkeys. Should I get the DLC's too?

Without a doubt, yes.

Back
Top Bottom