3600 cl14 bargain

Soldato
Yeah, will do. What motherboard do you use btw? :D
I'm on the msi mortar max!

I've been testing it on a bench for a week now, then dropped the new GPU in (5700 xt nitro) and tested that, then got a new monitor (240 hz dell)... everything is looking good enough to plop it into my old case now... which I will do this weekend!

And before anyone has a go at me for buying stuff (earth wise) this is my only hobby really AND all my stuff goes on to live with other folk... I literally look after 5 family and a close friend computers, mainly from my own old stuff coupled with second hand (okay and a couple of bits of new too) so bleeeeeeeeeeeh! xD

Last edited:
Soldato
@Dtshaw

These were my starting points, just in case your calc is giving you trouble!

YXNnsXY.jpg

1Cn6jAJ.jpg

I cant do the additional calculator for you because it bepends on what you end up with.

I needed higher voltages and 1t did not work so I had to use gear down, but its faster (marginally with it rather than going up a cl or a T) I used the reccomended for everything apart from some of the voltages, but I started with the alts 1st!

A few things I could not find in my bios but it works anyway... and it looks like it gives the same answers if I choose an x570 board also.

HTH, how is it going? I love ram tweaking, its sooooo boring... dunno why I enjoy it. I tried for over 5 years to get 2133 to boots with my 2500k, I never won, lol but they got as high and tight as blooming possible! But I did win this time! Yay!

Associate
@Dtshaw

These were my starting points, just in case your calc is giving you trouble!

YXNnsXY.jpg

1Cn6jAJ.jpg

I cant do the additional calculator for you because it bepends on what you end up with.

I needed higher voltages and 1t did not work so I had to use gear down, but its faster (marginally with it rather than going up a cl or a T) I used the reccomended for everything apart from some of the voltages, but I started with the alts 1st!

A few things I could not find in my bios but it works anyway... and it looks like it gives the same answers if I choose an x570 board also.

HTH, how is it going? I love ram tweaking, its sooooo boring... dunno why I enjoy it. I tried for over 5 years to get 2133 to boots with my 2500k, I never won, lol but they got as high and tight as blooming possible! But I did win this time! Yay!

I gotta say this is my first time OCing ram. I had a 2500k for over 6 years before this 3600, plan to get the 8/whatever core of the 4000 series!. I am getting basically the same settings. It should be fun to see how low i can get the main/sub timings down to!. :p

Soldato
@Dtshaw

You'll be allright! :D I was super surprised how tight the sub timings went, and they did make a healthy difference!

Sounds like a plan with the x570 motherboard then, plopping in a 4000! Good thinking!

I'm going to stick with this 3700x for a good while hence only going for the 450m refresh, hope to have it for at least 5 years, with a gpu change halfway through... been with the 2500k for so long, had to pull the trigger after 8 years with it! Waiting in the classic wow queue was the first time I had trouble really, as it tanked my frames while waiting and playing another game in the background... so that kinda thing is only going to happen more right?

Hey, am I right in thinking that you went for the x4 8gb set? or was it the x2 8gb set?

Associate
@Dtshaw

You'll be allright! :D I was super surprised how tight the sub timings went, and they did make a healthy difference!

Sounds like a plan with the x570 motherboard then, plopping in a 4000! Good thinking!

I'm going to stick with this 3700x for a good while hence only going for the 450m refresh, hope to have it for at least 5 years, with a gpu change halfway through... been with the 2500k for so long, had to pull the trigger after 8 years with it! Waiting in the classic wow queue was the first time I had trouble really, as it tanked my frames while waiting and playing another game in the background... so that kinda thing is only going to happen more right?

Hey, am I right in thinking that you went for the x4 8gb set? or was it the x2 8gb set?

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence. I am use to sticking XMP on and OCing the CPU.. :p and yeah, i thought if i am gonna make it last a while might as well do the 400 series cpu + x570 mobo.

I did play the orignal Vanilla, did everything from rank 14 to raiding high end and while it was amazing at the time. I don't think i'll do it again!.

I went for the x2 8 kit. It was the cheapest one by far tbh. :)

Associate
@Dtshaw

Same same, I thought I was going to go for wow round two, but actually... nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

okay x2 8gb, I ask because I'm dying to see what the ram is like with 4 banks... but not enough to spend another £100! lol!

Hahaha, it was great the first time, all exciting, new friends etc, esp' it being my first proper mmo!.

Yep! Did you see the new ageesa updates coming out? 1000 improvements for 1.0.0.4, some including PBO working correctly! and yeah £100 no way! :p

P.S Zen 3 shaping up to look great too! :p

Soldato
@Dtshaw

Aye, it was totes amazeballs! But I don't think I would have the stamina to play an MMO religiously like that again... and I would never be happy without being in the top 5% xD so no more!

Ooo no I did not! I am excite!!!! TY

Associate
@Dtshaw

Aye, it was totes amazeballs! But I don't think I would have the stamina to play an MMO religiously like that again... and I would never be happy without being in the top 5% xD so no more!

Ooo no I did not! I am excite!!!! TY

Well, my first attempt at entering the values.. and got greeted by a "Windows missing file" and had to reset it all back to stock :(

Associate
It's weird, ever since that blue screen it refuses to go into windows and just boot loops till i bring the IF to 1867. I even gave it 1.20 on the SOC... I obviously reset the bios and ever since, nada :(

Last edited:
Associate
Well, i have spent a couple of hours tweaking. I first used the safe present entered and got the following result! https://imgur.com/dG2im3F

I did try for the fast present after that but it was not having any of it. It would shut down, boot up, shut down, boot up and my knowledge on what to adjust for that profile is little to nothing as i only just got into this.

The one thing that still confuses me is the IF 1900 not booting after that blue screen (Memory oc) but hey.. dropped it to 66.6ns, so not all bad. :)

Associate
I always after a blue screen / crash etc ALWAYS reload to bios defaults then restart before entering bios and applying bios you want.
Several times now I have found myself chasing in circles trying to get what was a known good point to load without errors.
And every time i load bios defaults and restart before applying file I want it cures all problems and gets me back to the known good config.

Associate
I always after a blue screen / crash etc ALWAYS reload to bios defaults then restart before entering bios and applying bios you want.
Several times now I have found myself chasing in circles trying to get what was a known good point to load without errors.
And every time i load bios defaults and restart before applying file I want it cures all problems and gets me back to the known good config.

That's exactly what i did after the bluescreen and reput the same values as before and nothing changed.. that included SOC volts, VDDG to 1100 and so forth. It's kind of why i am confused as to why it did what it did. :)

Back
Top Bottom