US: The Flash (2014)

Soldato
Jesus wept. This just keeps on getting worse and more ridiculous by the episode. Who the **** do they employee to write and produce this guff? The Flash is one of my all-time favourite comic book characters, but this is seriously starting to erode my will to continue watching.

Soldato
Negative ionic energy, magnetar fields, angular momentum disruptor - loving the black hole terminology in this week's episode :D.

What about the fact that a black hole opened up a few times in the middle of a city and did **** all but drag a couple of people, a plastic box, some cars and a postbox a few hundred feet and did literally no damage to the buildings or anything else? Then there's Cisco, in the space of an hour or so he managed to knock up some sort of grenade that can collapse a black hole.

Caporegime
The wife and I were increasingly getting angry at how stupid the second episode was. We're still going to watch it but the hope of S6 turning things around is DOA.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
With Cw and all these super hero shows you just have to switch off and watch the whole lot in one go I watch all 6 tv series back to back and binge the whole lot and check the updated watch order listings so it makes sense, if you take the flash or batwoman or any of them serious you won't enjoy it.

I think a previous animation made a running joke with flash once, can't recall but it was animation episode where the flash was stopped by marbles being thrown to the floor :)

Associate
With Cw and all these super hero shows you just have to switch off and watch the whole lot in one go I watch all 6 tv series back to back and binge the whole lot and check the updated watch order listings so it makes sense, if you take the flash or batwoman or any of them serious you won't enjoy it.

I think a previous animation made a running joke with flash once, can't recall but it was animation episode where the flash was stopped by marbles being thrown to the floor :)
I think the quality has dropped. Arrow has been flagging since the end of Season 3; Flash has moments of quality and then moments of utter idiocy; Supergirl is a bit too preachy; I didn't think that much of Batwoman, but it has potential although I'm not sure it's going to reach it; never seen Black Lightning; and Legends is a self-deprecating comedic show (and I love it haha!).

That's not to say I don't enjoy them, because for the most part I do (Arrow tested me to my limits in the previous season though).

Agents of Shield is my go-to superhero show at the moment. Although it's more of a sci-fi show than a superhero show.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I think the quality has dropped. Arrow has been flagging since the end of Season 3; Flash has moments of quality and then moments of utter idiocy; Supergirl is a bit too preachy; I didn't think that much of Batwoman, but it has potential although I'm not sure it's going to reach it; never seen Black Lightning; and Legends is a self-deprecating comedic show (and I love it haha!).

That's not to say I don't enjoy them, because for the most part I do (Arrow tested me to my limits in the previous season though).

Agents of Shield is my go-to superhero show at the moment. Although it's more of a sci-fi show than a superhero show.

Agree LoT probably my fav also, actually its never taken it self serious and I don't think it ever could. Black lighting is probably the weakest of the lot but it does have James remar and is gaining some fans.

I think crisis infinite will make up for the lack of slowness across all 6 tv series since just way more cooler and fun to be had with the super hero team up phase. Its going to be interesting see Black lighting trying to fly the wave rider in the not so distance future.

Soldato
Agree LoT probably my fav also, actually its never taken it self serious and I don't think it ever could. Black lighting is probably the weakest of the lot but it does have James remar and is gaining some fans.

I think crisis infinite will make up for the lack of slowness across all 6 tv series since just way more cooler and fun to be had with the super hero team up phase. Its going to be interesting see Black lighting trying to fly the wave rider in the not so distance future.

Reading bits about all the guest appearances for this and its interesting, but then I realise the fact in order to follow the story through there forcing me to watch some of the worst shows on TV. It's bad enough I'm still persevering with the Flash but getting forced to watch the others is where I draw the line.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Reading bits about all the guest appearances for this and its interesting, but then I realise the fact in order to follow the story through there forcing me to watch some of the worst shows on TV. It's bad enough I'm still persevering with the Flash but getting forced to watch the others is where I draw the line.

Yeah its not so nice I agree trying to digest now 6 CW shows its mind boggling can certainly see why shows won't make sense. I suppose from a viewers pov Cw want you to watch their shows regardless so its a good way to force you into it.

Also Lucifier is turning up in the Crisis on Infinite earth series, rumours also that Dean Cains superman will turn up along side the new Tyler Superman and Smallvilles superman......along brandon roothes superman, I think they are still short of superman.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Soldato
Thought that I would stick this in here as it was the first Arrowverse thread I came across and no one seems to be talking about the crossover. I have watched the first episode and enjoyed it, although some bits were a bit cringey. One thing that struck me was that the music seemed to be very overbearing in the first episode. It was really beginning to get annoying and detracted from some of the more character driven moments. I hope it doesn't continue into the other episodes.

Soldato
I still watch the shows. Got totally fed up with supergirl last season but this seasons been a lot better. Arrows been great as well, with Flash being.. OK. Legends a
Is a joke, I don't bother with that any more. Really though, it's all build up to crisis. I'm watching on UK schedule so I'm a bit behind but no really issue. What is an issue is that there are no UK rights to air Batwoman. That's in itself I don't care about as its apparently dire, but what I do care about is that the licence problem means we don't get episode 2 of crisis over here. That's ridiculous:mad: so I will be watching that via other means. I don't care, Bite me CW :p

I've been looking forward to crisis for years, not just because of the shear potentional but also seeing just how many guest appearances they can shoehorn in. I wonder if Dean Cain will make an appearance as another Superman. He's already been in supergirl so he knows the drill, but news as been silent on him returning as Supes. Four different Supes would be soo awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom