BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
That’s why I bought one. 3 year old 600hp supersaloon with a year’s manufacturer warranty for 30k. I don’t think anything else competes!

I prefer the F10 as it blends into the background a little more than the GC.
I'd consider the 4wd panamera. 600hp through the rear wheels is undriveable. Even with the best rubber.

Soldato
I can't afford the running/maintenance costs for the GTR... But where's the logic, a car with 200bhp more power is 1/4 of the cost.
:rolleyes:
I dont get it either, i moved from a 911 turbo to an e92 m3 and my insure almost doubled. Must be something about the standard bmw driver:p. A 3 year old M5 will be the old one though won't it, so probably why the value has dropped so much.

Associate
I'd consider the 4wd panamera. 600hp through the rear wheels is undriveable. Even with the best rubber.

Probably why a lot of Alfa Giulia QVs (510bhp rwd) have ended up trashed... A guy on the owners club up in Glasgow flipped his one over onto the roof. That power needs to be respected. I can't find any 3 year old panamera within budget though and the interior looks quiet dated in them

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I dont get it either, i moved from a 911 turbo to an e92 m3 and my insure almost doubled. Must be something about the standard bmw driver:p. A 3 year old M5 will be the old one though won't it, so probably why the value has dropped so much.
Must be...
Try an m140i? Might be cheaper a (insurance is weird)i essentially drives the same.

I had an m240i when was late 20s and a company car so not very helpful - sorry.
M140i is 1540£ and M240i is 1780£, Comparethemarket seems to be giving me the best quotes at the moment. It's looking more promising than 4k£

I'll ring around insurance companies and see if I can get it any lower...

Man of Honour
Meanwhile you just don't even want to know what it costs for a 730d. Which is mechanically no different to a 530d. Or a 330d really.

How bad is it? I have my eye on them at the moment, I think the F10 is great and you can get a similar age 730d for 530d money at BMW AUC... is there a big catch outside the warranty? The bigger size of car doesn't bother me.

Soldato
Probably why a lot of Alfa Giulia QVs (510bhp rwd) have ended up trashed... A guy on the owners club up in Glasgow flipped his one over onto the roof. That power needs to be respected. I can't find any 3 year old panamera within budget though and the interior looks quiet dated in them

Respected basically means you can't use it.

Why buy a 600hp car if you can only use 400. I don't think rwd works beyond 400hp and 250ish on fwd no matter what anyone says.

Check out the Lexus GSF if you can find one, I owned the ISF and it was a much better car than the F10, the only downside was the unbelievably hard suspension. Hence the GSF may be better. Oh and the warranties are £550 a year, none of these Dodgy BMW warranties, and they last upto ten years I think

Oh and the service at the dealers is first rate, I had my isf serviced for £195. The BMW dealer that I used for my F10 had that many people coming and going, Lexus is a more boutique experience which was great! And you get radar cruise on the GSF which BMW don't offer on M cars for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited:
Soldato
I want to replace my Fabia with something of a similar size so I’ve been looking at The A class, A3, golf and 1 series.

Ideally I want to spend 6 to 10k. I found a high miles (130k) 120i m sport which looks reasonable. Are they good reliable engines? A 120d with under 100k seems to be about the same price.

Soldato
Soldato
I want to replace my Fabia with something of a similar size so I’ve been looking at The A class, A3, golf and 1 series.

Ideally I want to spend 6 to 10k. I found a high miles (130k) 120i m sport which looks reasonable. Are they good reliable engines? A 120d with under 100k seems to be about the same price.
Put simply, no.

Man of Honour
No they are not.

You're clearly not short of a few bob so why do you constantly fish in the bottom of the pond? Spend more and get something that's not a disaster waiting to happen.

Associate
g80m3frontgrille2.png

Anyone seen the leaked new M3 front end? Quite the ugly duckling from the looks of it although you can't really see the whole shebang just yet... Originally from bimmerpost

Back
Top Bottom