**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Just having my first full day my 7t pro and first impressions are very good. I was, and still am somewhat, apprehensive about the curved display but I have to say the curves are not as dramatic as the Samsungs etc of this world.
One thing I do know is I prefer the nebula blue of the 7 pro over this haze blue although the latter is still really nice.
The fps is lightning fast and I don't think it's missed once yet. I liked the idea on my 6t and a couple of generational refinements appear to have really helped.
The face unlock is also unbelievably fast, so much faster than my S10e. I think the pop up camera is a bit naff but I VERY rarely use a front facing camera so to have it out of the way suits me down to the ground.

One question I have at the moment, is there an option to get calendar events on the ambient display a la Pixel/Samsung?

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
After being a bit underwhelmed by the Pixel 4XL, I'm thinking of going for the 7t or the 7t Pro to replace my Pixel 2XL. Anyone made a similar move? Thoughts?

Also, is it worth paying the premium for the 7t Pro over the 7t?
I'm thinking the same thing. I'll see what the 4XL looks like at Black Friday, and if its not significantly cheaper I'll look at a OP7TP. My main concern is camera quality...

Soldato
My main concern is camera quality...

For everyone who says the OP cameras are great, there seems to be someone else saying they're not up there with other flagships. My opinion from having read extensive reviews is that OP cameras are within a whisker of being 'up there'. If your demands are for the absolute best camera performance, OP are not going to meet those demands. If you simply enjoy taking pictures and don't zoom in to check for imperfections, the OP phones will be a perfectly acceptable option.

Associate
I'm thinking the same thing. I'll see what the 4XL looks like at Black Friday, and if its not significantly cheaper I'll look at a OP7TP. My main concern is camera quality...
If the Pixel 4XL is around the £600 (unlikely!) mark on Black Friday, I'll probably go for it. If it's not, i'll save more money and go for the 7T (not a fan of the curved edges on the Pro). Reading some of the posts in this thread, the camera quality is significantly improved - probably not as good as the Pixel, but certainly not far behind.

Last edited:
Associate
My wife has a Pixel XL 3, my OP7 Pro doesn't come close to that in terms of quality but I only occasionally take pictures so it's good enough for me. I'd be curious to know how many of the people dissing the OP camera actually take 20 pictures a week. Tech reviewers in particular make it sound like an OK camera on a phone isn't acceptable when most people take pictures to post on Instagram, Facebook, etc.

Soldato
Only a mad man could claim the OP camera is up there with the Pixels and iphones. However as has been mentioned further back, by others and myself, the camera is much improved and the gap has closed considerably. I very rarely take "photos" with my phone however I should caveat that by saying I do have a Canon 6d mkii. I fully admit very few people have a DSLR and a phone so that doesn't work for everyone. When all's said and done the OP camera is more than good enough for Snapchat, WhatsApp pics of your dinner and videos of your pet (other uses are available :p).

Soldato
My wife has a Pixel XL 3, my OP7 Pro doesn't come close to that in terms of quality but I only occasionally take pictures so it's good enough for me.

A lot of the talk about phone camera quality these days could more realistically be called opinion I think. For some people, realistic colours might be an absolute must and for them, this is 'quality'. Someone else might prefer exaggerated colours that are attractive but not necessarily realistic. For those people, they refer to that as quality.

Associate
This time yesterday, my s8 battery was in the low 50' to high 40's. 85%! Haha what is this madness? I usually listen to audio books and music all day at work over Bluetooth headphones. Just shows my bad my battery was haha

Soldato

GSM Arena reckon it's exclusive to T-Mobile US. I don't think OnePlus do themselves any favours with their customers by limiting the availability of the 5G models and it gives the carriers a chance to gouge early adopters like nobody's business. EE in the UK was charging something absolutely absurd for a OnePlus 5G with a plan.

Soldato
GSM Arena reckon it's exclusive to T-Mobile US. I don't think OnePlus do themselves any favours with their customers by limiting the availability of the 5G models and it gives the carriers a chance to gouge early adopters like nobody's business. EE in the UK was charging something absolutely absurd for a OnePlus 5G with a plan.
They also sold me a one plus 7 Pro 5g but on a 4g plan for the same price as a normal 7 Pro

Soldato
However as has been mentioned further back, by others and myself, the camera is much improved and the gap has closed considerably.
Can just load GCam as well. Helps a lot as the normal app gives slightly washed out pictures. you get OIS as well.

Anyone made a similar move? Thoughts?
Came from an OG Pixel XL to a 7T this weekend. Much better battery, faster-charging, The oled screen is lovely, on screen finger print scanner is a lot faster, user experience is buttery smooth, preapplied screen protector is a nice touch. Signal is much better as well funnily enough. Same sim and contract but places which were poor to nil signal before (like in my gym) I can now stream my music. Only thing I've done is load Gcam for the camera.

Solid upgrade for £550 quid tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can just load GCam as well. Helps a lot as the normal app gives slightly washed out pictures. you get OIS as well.

Came from an OG Pixel XL to a 7T this weekend. Much better battery, faster-charging, The oled screen is lovely, on screen finger print scanner is a lot faster, user experience is buttery smooth, preapplied screen protector is a nice touch. Signal is much better as well funnily enough. Same sim and contract but places which were poor to nil signal before (like in my gym) I can now stream my music. Only thing I've done is load Gcam for the camera.

Solid upgrade for £550 quid tbh.
Did the same with gcam, loads better.
People ask what phone is it, I tell them and they are like, never heard of it must be crap....., their loss

Soldato
Oh, that could be a deal breaker for me. I had forgotten about that. Why would they take that choice away :(

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom