What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Good Boys. The funniest film I’ve seen in a long time. Superbad with kids about 5 years younger and if you’re easily offended then don’t bother watching.

I turned it off, it was awful.

It wasn't offensive, it was just over the top American humor. Not for me.

Soldato
Hobbs and Shaw....

Other than the attractive female lead there really wasn't any memorable bits to this film. The Fast & Furious films have always been OTT and rather silly but have still remained an enjoyable waitch. This was just unforgettable macho bs from start to finish.

2/10

Associate
Le Mans '66

Really enjoyed it, very good performances from Matt Damon and Christian Bale. I definitely recommend catching it on a big screen with good sound, it brings the racing to life but film is so much more than that.

It didn't feel like it was almost two and half hours, which is a always a good indication of how well a film has drawn me in. My daughter loved it too. A great balance of character, history and fantastic cars.

Man of Honour
Duck Duck Goose

Threw this on for an easy watch. Very generic plot and characters. An unexpected amount of guff gags and sexual jokes? Visually it looks like a tech demo - OK but a bit boring.

Really quite bad, would avoid!

3/10

Associate
The Good Liar (2019) - 6/10

Slow paced in delivery, but very well put together and keeps your interest to the end thanks to the great acting from the cast.

The plot is predictable, but does take a few unexpected turns and a very unexpected dark turn towards the end, although the ending is pretty much as you would expect.

Soldato
You were never really here. 2/10

Let's make child abuse and the mental health issues that follow into an artsy fartsy film.

90 mins ill never get back, complete waste of time.

The description :
When a teenage girl goes missing, a jaded, brutal enforcer attempts a rescue mission. He uncovers corruption and abuse of power along his way

Sounds like your normal action film, equaliser style maybe but noooooo. Yawn fest from start to finish. If you do watch it is recommend getting stoned out of your skull, might make more sense.

Soldato
Bumblebee - 7.5/10

Really enjoyed this, i've always loved the 80's Transformers and the first Bay movie; the rest of the Bay movies were style over substance and even then i had no clue what was going on on screen. Whereas with Bumblebee you saw the robots transforming and you could make out what was happening, much like the toys - few movements between transformations whereas Bay's movies were layers upon layers of folding metal.

Didn't enjoy Cena's role, didn't really add much except cheese, but the story, the CGI and seeing Optimus Prime, Shockwave, Soundwave/Ravage was awesome! (i use to have the original Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Jazz, Ratchet + a few others i think!)

Hopefully this is the reboot and start of Transformer movies more close the original material.

Soldato
You were never really here. 2/10

Let's make child abuse and the mental health issues that follow into an artsy fartsy film.

90 mins ill never get back, complete waste of time.

The description :
When a teenage girl goes missing, a jaded, brutal enforcer attempts a rescue mission. He uncovers corruption and abuse of power along his way

Sounds like your normal action film, equaliser style maybe but noooooo. Yawn fest from start to finish. If you do watch it is recommend getting stoned out of your skull, might make more sense.
Well, I thought this was an incredible movie :D

Soldato
Le Mans '66

Really enjoyed it, very good performances from Matt Damon and Christian Bale. I definitely recommend catching it on a big screen with good sound, it brings the racing to life but film is so much more than that.

It didn't feel like it was almost two and half hours, which is a always a good indication of how well a film has drawn me in. My daughter loved it too. A great balance of character, history and fantastic cars.
Isn't this movie called Ford Vs Ferrari ?

Tonight I watched The Invitation on Netflix. Was ok but nothing special. Atmospheric and kind of chilling but if you're looking for decent tension ratcheter it's hard to top Vacancy. 5/10 for The Invitation.

Caporegime
Isn't this movie called Ford Vs Ferrari ?

Tonight I watched The Invitation on Netflix. Was ok but nothing special. Atmospheric and kind of chilling but if you're looking for decent tension ratcheter it's hard to top Vacancy. 5/10 for The Invitation.
In the UK, for some reason, it’s Le Mans ‘66. Not sure why. Some marketing firm making themselves seem useful no doubt.

Associate
Yesterday - 7/10 - considering it is written by Richard Curtis and directed by Danny Boyle and features the songs of the Beatles it was not greater than the sum of its parts. Mildly enjoyable.

Jaws - 9/10 - as part of my ongoing series of watching Classic films on a Saturday night (as the female half of our family is watching Strictly) rewatched this. Young Royal Fleet enjoyed this immensely. Has aged pretty well tbh.

Back
Top Bottom