BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Anyone considering the x3m under the "549pm with 549 deposit and 2.9% Apr" promotion BMW have at the moment. Cars have to be registered by Dec 2019 so these are all stock cars with options so the price is more ~£600 from what I've heard from others.

Caporegime
A friend has been offered an F11 520d,15 plate, Full BMW S/H, Pro Nav, HK Sound, Dakota (I think) leather, parking cameras and panoramic roof.
From what he’s said the car is in very good condition bar one thing it’s just ticked over 245k miles!

£4.5k is the price, which I understand is the trade in price offered to the owner and he’s subsequently offering it first to his neighbour, said friend of mine.

The mileage doesn’t particularly worry him but I’ve read the rear suspension especially in f11’s can be troublesome. Seem to recall @NVP discovering this the hard way or did I imagine that? :o :D
Also isn’t the x20d engine potential trouble? and especially so at that mileage? - assuming the engine is untouched in so far as weak points - is just a case of when it goes bang rather than if?

It’s a one (current) owner car.

He’s asked for my opinion, I’ve said I know a place to ask.... :D

Yay or nah? :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A 15 plate 520d for 4.5k sounds very very weird even with silly miles. It may or may not have the dodgy engine in but most of that age have the newer B series.

Caporegime
A 15 plate 520d for 4.5k sounds very very weird even with silly miles. It may or may not have the dodgy engine in but most of that age have the newer B series.
Certainly sounds cheap, although assuming it is a trade in value (and a low ball one at that) I’m guessing it’ll pop up on a forecourt for a fair whack more.

Do you know how you’d identify the B series engine Fox? And is what I’ve read re the suspension being a weak point on an f11 correct?

Caporegime
Wow what was he doing for a job, getaway driver:D. Just think how much hhe'll have spent on fuel:eek:.
The owner lives in Staffordshire, works predominantly in the south flitting between London and Exeter and has a long term partner in Scotland! - I'm guessing he needs a helicopter but hasn't made that pay grade yet! :D

Its averaged say 1200 miles per week, I tend to average more than that but my job is driving, doing that kind of miles plus whatever his occupation is must be soul-destroying.

I think my bills became big due to the addition of adaptive suspension - either that or I'm just a mug :D :(
Thanks, I'll pass that on, don't know if it's got adaptive suspension but suspect it might have, he's described it as one of those "every option ticked" cars.

My advice thus far to my mate has been it's a risk, a big one, personally I wouldn't and I wonder why its so cheap (ignoring the moon miles to a degree), he seems pretty set on it but the fact he's asked me for my opinion makes me think he's not as set on it as he's making out, I'm wondering if he needs some kind of excuse not to do it as such.

If it has adaptive, would you say that takes it from a big risk to a huge one @NVP given your experience?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Every option ticked on a 4 grand 520d? Heh I wouldn't worry about it - you know the cost of BMWs, your choice if it's worth the effort.

Soldato
Got my recall done for the E39. Took them half a day since it's an "import" and they had to confirm with BMW a few details. In the end, they said they've checked and it didn't need replaced.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
OCD alert!
How should I line up the centre caps on these wheels? I've done it with the valve. Any other suggestions?

mgnF0TE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom