*** Show us your bikes! ***

Associate
y4m-HWJzQ2araIDU0RqPdA1sU_xkWtETSQiUfvmDV0RAWYTSPIYqLgVWgYAINL0VWdLcTb2wM3XSBN65Go-TuY8NSMio7uGbjcUgZck2I1VvNlae9JSzBEG46UKfdLTFnO-hhtwGYFIbxHfWlckgtiDQmnadjhSWMXB4yOt5z-AocDnfTpqdvHrm4JQo75KwbxwMJ6QwRPheWTMILX2nucbag

Picked it up today. Haven't ridden since I did my test nearly two years ago. Was a little nervous but got along fine riding through Bristol in the rain and quite enjoyed it.

It's a 2010 GSX650F which is essentially a Bandit with faring (some other differences too)...feels like it'll do the job of commuting and longer trips quite nicely, especially for a first bike.

Soldato
Opps fat fingers. Last bike was the 1250. Loved it except for the seat. Had to change for something more sedate. Was killing the Arthritis
I've not ridden it very far yet but so far the seat seems ok, we'll see once I've put a good number of miles on it over the coming months (unless it's frosty outside then I'm taking the bus :p ).

Soldato
y4m-HWJzQ2araIDU0RqPdA1sU_xkWtETSQiUfvmDV0RAWYTSPIYqLgVWgYAINL0VWdLcTb2wM3XSBN65Go-TuY8NSMio7uGbjcUgZck2I1VvNlae9JSzBEG46UKfdLTFnO-hhtwGYFIbxHfWlckgtiDQmnadjhSWMXB4yOt5z-AocDnfTpqdvHrm4JQo75KwbxwMJ6QwRPheWTMILX2nucbag

Picked it up today. Haven't ridden since I did my test nearly two years ago. Was a little nervous but got along fine riding through Bristol in the rain and quite enjoyed it.

It's a 2010 GSX650F which is essentially a Bandit with faring (some other differences too)...feels like it'll do the job of commuting and longer trips quite nicely, especially for a first bike.

Snap. I also have a 2010 GSX650F. I would have advised against it if I'm honest lol. I have a love/hate relationship with mine.

Soldato
Snap. I also have a 2010 GSX650F. I would have advised against it if I'm honest lol. I have a love/hate relationship with mine.

:D

Been liking mine so far over the ~600 miles I've put on it so far this winter in sun and rain. It's been ideal for my short commute (kind of feel bad for it only doing a short commute) and some longer runs out I've done on it. Biggest issues are the heated grips someone fitted not being balanced in terms of heat (I need to replace them), the aftermarket bars making fitting my phone mount awkward and worst of all...occasionally me grabbing a little much brake when stopping and, uhh, yeah, moving into the tank a tad. :o :p

Man of Honour
:D

Been liking mine so far over the ~600 miles I've put on it so far this winter in sun and rain. It's been ideal for my short commute (kind of feel bad for it only doing a short commute) and some longer runs out I've done on it. Biggest issues are the heated grips someone fitted not being balanced in terms of heat (I need to replace them), the aftermarket bars making fitting my phone mount awkward and worst of all...occasionally me grabbing a little much brake when stopping and, uhh, yeah, moving into the tank a tad. :o :p
Heated grips will never be equal both sides. The throttle side sits on the plastic throttle tube insulating it while the clutch side is heating up the bar as well as itself.

Soldato
Heated grips will never be equal both sides. The throttle side sits on the plastic throttle tube insulating it while the clutch side is heating up the bar as well as itself.

Hmmmmm, well the clutch side is tepid when the throttle side is very warm and they are cheap R&G ones of an unknown age, they are also quite worn, more so on the clutch side.

Associate
Lovely! Loud? What year, engine and other things I can't google easily? :)
In stock form its not that loud (pic with stock pipes) but louder Vance & Hines pipes fitted after that pic.
2020 brand new, 100 HP, 1131cc liquid cooled. Only ridden it once since collecting, but so far so good :)
You can fit a pillion seat and pegs if you want.
Only thing I have planned is a side bag so I can easily carry my lock etc in, and then plan to change the decals with some custom ones. Mainly I just want some nicer weather :)

Back
Top Bottom