Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Soldato
Fair play to the London public. I would have run in the opposite direction for sure. Very sad to hear about those that died / suffered injuries but I think many lives were saved by those that jumped in to restrain him.

Caporegime
Yeah but he’s an idiot, same as the idiots that believe that doing this thing in the name of “religion” is justified.

A very small minority of people are idiots

Perhaps a very small number is visibly stupid and/or dangerous, but there are plenty of enablers who provide an echo chamber for them to act upon it, this goes for any group, so i'm not picking on any in particular.

The fact is most Muslims just want to do the right thing by their families like everyone else and they don't deserve the brush tarred all over them, as all it really does is to force them to huddle up.

Last edited:
Don
Fair play to the London public. I would have run in the opposite direction for sure. Very sad to hear about those that died / suffered injuries but I think many lives were saved by those that jumped in to restrain him.
Indeed, that's why I find it questionable that the police then allowed the guy to become completely un-restrained again before shooting him.

Allowing terrorists the easy way out by suicide by police rather than putting them to court is what they want.

Caporegime
that's why I find it questionable that the police then allowed the guy to become completely un-restrained again before shooting him

Him being unrestrained seems the key reason he was shot. You can't shoot him with members of the public on top of him and the risk of trying to restrain him safely seems far too great to all nearby.

It's not often I disagree with you, but I think you're way off the mark with this line of thought.

Soldato
Well done to those members of the public who pinned down the attacker. That shows incredible bravery, considering the attacker was probably of a mindset to stab anyone near him. I don't know how I would react in a situation like this, but I think I would probably just run.

Soldato
The fact is most Muslims just want to do the right thing by their families like everyone else and they don't deserve the brush tarred all over them, as all it really does it force them to huddle up.

100% agree with that.

I do feel that the Muslim community need to be wary of thinking everybody is against them rather than just a very small minority

Last edited:
Soldato
Him being unrestrained seems the key reason he was shot.

Yea it looks like he was wresting with a member of the public. But him and an armed cop couldn't restrain him.

The civilian got clear, the attacker got back up and they don't have a choice at that point. They can't risk him lunging at them or the civilian and stabbing them.

Soldato
Indeed, that's why I find it questionable that the police then allowed the guy to become completely un-restrained again before shooting him.

Allowing terrorists the easy way out by suicide by police rather than putting them to court is what they want.

I guess the plan was to point guns at him, move everyone away then get him to take the device off himself. But as soon as the last hand moved off him he moved and got shot. It's what the guy wanted he was never going to go quietly was he.

Soldato

The priority should be keeping the public safe, not keeping this terrorist alive. Seems to me the have succeeded in doing that.

Caporegime
I guess the plan was to point guns at him, move everyone away then get him to take the device off himself. But as soon as the last hand moved off him he moved and got shot. It's what the guy wanted he was never going to go quietly was he.

There's never going to be a plan in this situation. It's all seat of the pants stuff no matter how much you train. Adrenaline makes you rely on instinct and ingrained muscle memory and I think the right decision was made.

Soldato
Honestly what a terrible thing to say, I’m sure 99.9% of people will think that’s this is a horrible attack on innocent people.

Bit like the 99% innocent muslims that were celebrating when the two towers went down or the mosque run by chowdry???

I'm not a idiot for questioning the fact that a common link between terrorist attacks over the last 100 years has been religion, whether islam or christianity.

The idea that every Muslim is against such actions is a lie, if it was then such actions couldn't be carried out with such a close community. What we have is a a lot of blind eyes being turned

Soldato
I'm pretty left leaning, but I'll support any cop who has to make what they believe to be a life of death decision like this. You can't take chances with people wearing suicide vests in a public space.

Soldato
The idea that every Muslim is against such actions is a lie, if it was then such actions couldn't be carried out with such a close community. What we have is a a lot of blind eyes being turned

I don't think that's true. You can never stop every random attack, but they were saying that since the last one in London over 20 other plots have been foiled and you'll find that's from a lot of intelligence from within the muslim community, people are even reporting suspicions on family members.

Associate
Early days yet, but I'm thinking state-sponsored attacks in the name of 'terrorism, when really it's to get the electorate to go hating on foreigners and thus vote Tory. It happened in 2017 and sadly it's happening again now.

Utter pointless loss of lives / casualties :(

Entirely possibly, the "attack" in 2017 happened a week before the General Election, now again its happened 2 weeks before the next GE.
Its just another "attack" to keep people living in fear and to sway the public vote.
Its not the first time and won't be the last time.

2 people lost their lives today, (which is very sad) but it was all for political gain.

(i know people won't like my opinion, but it is what it is, i'm not trying to start an argument, or be disrespectful, I just see the world in a different way to the majority)

Soldato
Entirely possibly, the "attack" in 2017 happened a week before the General Election, now again its happened 2 weeks before the next GE.
Its just another "attack" to keep people living in fear and to sway the public vote.
Its not the first time and won't be the last time.

2 people lost their lives today, (which is very sad) but it was all for political gain.

(i know people won't like my opinion, but it is what it is, i'm not trying to start an argument, or be disrespectful, I just see the world in a different way to the majority)

Your insane

Soldato
Bit like the 99% innocent muslims that were celebrating when the two towers went down or the mosque run by chowdry???

I'm not a idiot for questioning the fact that a common link between terrorist attacks over the last 100 years has been religion, whether islam or christianity.

Not this lot of BS again. The TV station in the US got slated for this as it was civilians celebrating after election results in the West Bank. The TV station had to apologise for the piece. It seems some people would rather use a lie than the truth. Shame on you.

Back
Top Bottom