Spec Me A Pair Of Metal Free Jogging Bottoms

Soldato
they're not going to let you into a multi-million tax-payers mri machine wearing arbitrary clothes .. you could have contamination from metal they don't know.- crazy ..

Caporegime
they're not going to let you into a multi-million tax-payers mri machine wearing arbitrary clothes .. you could have contamination from metal they don't know.- crazy ..

Having had several scans, unfortunately you're incorrect. Each time for me I was just told to ensure I wasn't wearing anything with ferrous metals. So basically, tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt.

Associate
Last mri I had they made me wear a gown and trousers that they provided and there was no option to eat anything else.

No idea what you are worrying about but you are likely going to end up wasting money.

If you don't want metal you're best off ordering some pj's.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Think I'll just wear the gown then!!

BTW scan is for neurology, so I'm presuming head and neck. Not had any gen from the neurologist, in fact hadn't even known I was up for a scan until getting a call from the hospital today that they'd had a cancellation and would I like to attend Sunday... Erm, yeah - okay...

Soldato
Think I'll just wear the gown then!!

BTW scan is for neurology, so I'm presuming head and neck. Not had any gen from the neurologist, in fact hadn't even known I was up for a scan until getting a call from the hospital today that they'd had a cancellation and would I like to attend Sunday... Erm, yeah - okay...

Got any metal fillings?

Soldato
Is there a reason you don’t want to get naked in front of some nurses while you put a gown on? :p Just wear some shorts under your pants and you’ll be fine.

Soldato
This is very strange. You can keep your pants on when having an MRI and even the operation. Are we saying even that is unacceptable?

It’s not like you’re completely stark naked and flapping in the wind in front of everyone...!

gEd

gEd

Associate
Have to go for an MRI on Sunday and while I know they will provide a gown, would prefer to keep my own clothes on.
Thanks.

That may not be an option for you. MRI scanners are massively expensive pieces of equipment that I suspect could be damaged by metal being in the machine and why it would be reasonable for a hospital to *insist* on you wearing a gown.
I would encourage you to consider how fortunate we are to live in a country where an MSI scan is actually available and focus your thoughts on the important reason why you are going for a scan and not worry about staff seeing your bits as they really won't give a damn.

This is what I was telling myself a couple of weeks ago when I took up the NHS's generous offer (to all people over 55) to have a doctor stick a camera up my bum.

Soldato
You won't have to be naked in front of anyone for an mri, wear what you want, you can change in private into hospital clothes provided, they had big green boxers too to change into even if you wore your metal undies :)

Soldato
OP
I love all the help me i carnt life threads on this forum

Passing by the moronic comment above then, as it turned out I didn't need to wear a gown or change into my PJ bottoms. For a neck scan you can keep your jeans on, just take the belt off and make sure your wallet, car keys and coin bag are out of your pockets (mainly as the magnetic force could blank your cards, etc). Also took my shoes off to be more comfortable.

The scan was actually okay. Might be an issue if a bit claustrophobic as your nose is about an inch from the top of the chamber but I found all the clanking and banging quite fascinating (at least it drowned out Haart Radio) and was almost disappointed it only took about 15 mins!

Back
Top Bottom