Decently quiet CPU AiO?

Soldato
Hi guys,

A bit of a peasant question for those running custom loops and stuff but can you recommend a quiet-ish AiO for a 4790k and possibly a 3700X or even 3900X (or whatever AMD has at that point) in the future? No need for heavy OC.

I'm guessing 280mm will be better than 240mm. Are there cheaper coolers or do I have to go for something like a Kraken X62?
It won't kill me but I'm not looking to splurge, TBH.

Cheers

Associate
The Arctic cooler freezer II has got really good reviews.

What is arctic's warranty like, Corsair is i think 5 years and covers damage to other components if there is a leak?

Soldato
alphacool have the quietest PUMP on the market- all should be ran at 100% regardless . fans aren't as quiet as some but believe newer versions use Bequiet Pure Wings. these ARE NOT TO BE confused with bequiets own version of the Eisbaer that used louder 2200rpm Pure wings. Ones found on Alphacools are 1500rpm versions

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...u-aio-water-cooling-unit-black-hs-007-ac.html

want to see how good alphacools 30mm rads are then here. They are also cheaper then flagship models .

http://thermalbench.com/2018/09/25/xspc-tx480-ultrathin-radiator/4/

Soldato
FYI: stay away from ASUS. They put these small fans near the pumps that's supposed to blow air on your mobo vrm - totally pointless, but the fans make a hell of a noise

Soldato
The Arctic cooler freezer II has got really good reviews.

What is arctic's warranty like, Corsair is i think 5 years and covers damage to other components if there is a leak?

Have you managed to find any info on the warranty? I can't find any info other than the standard warranty that also applies to an air cooler

Associate
Have you managed to find any info on the warranty? I can't find any info other than the standard warranty that also applies to an air cooler
I found that generic warranty page. Read somewhere on a youtube comment that it should be 2 years with some type of replacement of parts if damaged but i cannot find anywhere an official post or spec about this.

This is a bit annoying, as warranty and support is important to me and not having that on their product page just steers me away. If i was building a cheapo pc i wouldn't mind but braking a 3950x, with all that comes with x570 etc that is scary if anything goes bad.

Soldato
Soldato
I've had quite a few AIO's over the years.

There can be a minor lottery when it comes to pump noise, but the NZXT Kraken X62 (Asetek Pump) and Corsair H115i Platinum RGB (Cool-it pump) have been the best performing with the least pump and fan noise.

I do prefer the Corsair iCUE software (currently running a Corsair Commander Pro, Light Node Pro and HX1000i PSU from it and not had any issues with iCUE)

The 280mm rads seem to offer the right cooling for the size... I had the X62 Kraken cooling my Titan Xp and the GPU never went far over 50 degrees C if at all.

I've got an old H100i (original model) which is still functioning within expectation today. I'm sure it's lost a bit of efficiency, but no noises or pump issues so far.. so they 'can' stand the test of time if you get a good example / don't abuse them.

Associate
Got the Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280mm in the end will report back here how it goes, this is my first try on AIOs and not really familiar with the process.

What is best, ideally i would want to have it at the top rather than the front of the case (case is c700p)

Back
Top Bottom