Elon Musk goes to court . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Which doesn't negate the fact that his primary expertise is publicity, not engineering. I didn't accuse him of being a fraud, so I don't know how you brought that in. His job is publicity and he's very skilled at it, therefore he's clearly not a fraud and, just to make this very clear, I did not accuse him of being a fraud. I did not make the accusation you accused me of making.

Certainly had a bit of a dig with the "might be lying", etc. wording... now rowing back a bit I guess having done some research.

Soldato
Which doesn't negate the fact that his primary expertise is publicity....

There's nothing what-so-ever to back up your claim that "his primary expertise is publicity" over engineering, rather a complete history of education and work says otherwise - so why are you making up complete ******** to fit your Musk bashing agenda?

You can quite easily say you don't like someone for X, Y and Z reasons and not resort to lies and fantasies. As you said yourself - "Imagine not understanding something so obvious." :rolleyes:

Soldato
It’s likely because school yard name calling on Twitter isn’t anything people tend to take seriously...
Most people don't take tabloid newspapers seriously, but I'm pretty sure if I published something in one calling someone a paedophile I would expect repercussions if they weren't actually one. Elon Musk has an audience on 30 million people on Twitter.

And it was more than just calling him a 'pedo guy' once as an off the cuff remark - he made other tweets and even hired someone to try and prove that the guy was a paedophile.

Caporegime
And it was more than just calling him a 'pedo guy' once as an off the cuff remark - he made other tweets and even hired someone to try and prove that the guy was a paedophile.

To be fair, middle aged white guy living in Thailand... that was probably worth a shot just in case.

Associate
You would have to say the long haul of the diver dragging his name and face through the courts has done vastly more damage to his image than if he had never responded. Nobody would have remembered this Unsworth guy by now.

Soldato
Shocking verdict. American justice is a joke. Money 1 Decency 0

not really

this was a classic case of someone just trying to rinse a billionaire. People get called Paedo and a lot worse on twitter everyday without a multi million court case getting raised. If it was some average joe with no cash then paedo man would have just skulked off back into the shadows, but he saw an opportunity to try and leach a boat load of cash. He will be destitute now if he has to pay costs so he can think about that while eating a chow mein flavoured pot noodle in a tent in a field somewhere.

Caporegime
How did the billionaire Elon Musk win this case?
Yeah it's obviously a vindication of the justice system when a billionaire can call a regular Joe a pedo and suffer no ill effects.

Pedo is just a nickname, innit. A term of endearment ;) I'm sure if I called Musk a pedo he'd be totally understanding about it.

I'm not sure who's worse tho. Musk or his devotees here and everywhere else. He's somehow become the next Messiah.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50695593

guess paedo guy owes him some court costs now ?
not really

this was a classic case of someone just trying to rinse a billionaire. People get called Paedo and a lot worse on twitter everyday without a multi million court case getting raised. If it was some average joe with no cash then paedo man would have just skulked off back into the shadows, but he saw an opportunity to try and leach a boat load of cash. He will be destitute now if he has to pay costs so he can think about that while eating a chow mein flavoured pot noodle in a tent in a field somewhere.
Ugh people like you are a sad, sorry lot.

You think it's funny to call a guy who helped rescue a bunch of kids from dying in a cave "a paedo" because your billionaire idol did it and got away with it?

Honestly the state of the world we live in. It's tragic.

Last edited:
Soldato
You would have to say the long haul of the diver dragging his name and face through the courts has done vastly more damage to his image than if he had never responded. Nobody would have remembered this Unsworth guy by now.
*You* as some random person on the internet might have forgotten him - but I expect he knows people in real life, and he'll forever be known as 'pedo guy' now in real life. How would that make you feel?

Caporegime
Pedo is just a nickname, innit. A term of endearment ;) I'm sure if I called Musk a pedo he'd be totally understanding about it.

I doubt he'd care. Though I'm sure "pedo guy" can get a bit of $$$$ from appearance fees on various American breakfast chat/news programs in coming days etc...

Though Elon was a **** re: what he did it was still just throwing out an insult, I don't think (m)any people took it as a serious accusation that he was a genuine nonce. I'm not sure anymore that getting a big pay off would really have been warranted.

Caporegime
. . . and the jury decided that Elon Musk wasn't; which is presumably why he hired a private investigator to seek proof of Unsworth’s “nefarious behaviour”.

Only in Los Angeles ;)
It's literally incredible, isn't it.

I mean we're not short of examples of American "justice", so it should come as no surprise, but it's still incredible on its own merits.

*You* as some random person on the internet might have forgotten him - but I expect he knows people in real life, and he'll forever be known as 'pedo guy' now in real life. How would that make you feel?
I don't doubt it will go far beyond that. He'll probably find that people don't want to be associated with him, will probably be shunned by various groups and find it impossible to get work, etc.

It goes far beyond "the feels". A lot of people will consider this proof of his guilt as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom