** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I ordered two, one for a mate but he was undecided at the time. Thought he'd have more time to decide but received a dispatch email for both today to be delivered tomorrow (Monday 9th). Thankfully he does want it! Here's hoping they're both in decent condition. :cool:
Yea I got mine delivered yesterday on the 8th, got email few days ago saying dispatch got moved forward. It's still sitting in it's box though as I ordered it to where I'm moving to next week so will start using it when I move on the weekend.

Soldato
Thanks it was confusing me that it has volume control but no speakers. I just wanted to double check as it didn't seem right to be able to higher and lower the volume despite not having any speakers
As someone else mentioned it’ll be volume control for headphones. :)
Speakers on a monitor are always gash so don’t be thinking you’re missing out on anything! :p

Soldato
Yea I got mine delivered yesterday on the 8th, got email few days ago saying dispatch got moved forward. It's still sitting in it's box though as I ordered it to where I'm moving to next week so will start using it when I move on the weekend.
Well that’s pretty ******* inconsiderate. Could you not have had it delivered to where you are now, set it up and shown us a pic or 2 :p:p

Joking aside, I’d be getting all chewed up inside itching to get my hands on it if I were you.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Well that’s pretty ******* inconsiderate. Could you not have had it delivered to where you are now, set it up and shown us a pic or 2 :p:p

Joking aside, I’d be getting all chewed up inside itching to get my hands on it if I were you.
Problem is the original earliest delivery date was the date I was moving to the new place.. perfect.. so I ordered it there. Once I found out delivery was coming early, it was too late to change the delivery address. Can't wait to start using it either!

Might want to edit out your reference dude. Competitor hinting is frowned on - a mod spots it you could get pulled on it.
Just did a search for the word.. and it's everywhere including this thread.. and loads of others... appreciate the heads up though. :)

Associate
Problem is the original earliest delivery date was the date I was moving to the new place.. perfect.. so I ordered it there. Once I found out delivery was coming early, it was too late to change the delivery address. Can't wait to start using it either!

Just did a search for the word.. and it's everywhere including this thread.. and loads of others... appreciate the heads up though. :)

Badass has issued a warning in this thread a few pages back.. jus sayin :)

Soldato
it's one of those enigmas - you can talk about or hint towards them if talking about kettles, toasters crap like that that OcUK don't sell but mention them in relation to stuff they do sell and you can come a cropper. catch a mod on a bad day and you could get bum spanked and not in a fun sexual way :p

Associate
it's one of those enigmas - you can talk about or hint towards them if talking about kettles, toasters crap like that that OcUK don't sell but mention them in relation to stuff they do sell and you can come a cropper. catch a mod on a bad day and you could get bum spanked and not in a fun sexual way :p
Have OCUK ever even sold the LG 27GL83A-B though? Thats the one A2Z was talking about.

Associate
Have OCUK ever even sold the LG 27GL83A-B though? Thats the one A2Z was talking about.

From what I understand it's currently exclusive to another vendor, much like some models are exclusive to OCUK at present. Set mine up yesterday and quick pixel test shows no dead or stuck ones. Backlight seems reasonably uniform at a crazy 100 brightness and contrast. For now I've set it to 15 brightness and 70 contrast for normal use to match my LG 34GK950F.

Associate
From what I understand it's currently exclusive to another vendor, much like some models are exclusive to OCUK at present. Set mine up yesterday and quick pixel test shows no dead or stuck ones. Backlight seems reasonably uniform at a crazy 100 brightness and contrast. For now I've set it to 15 brightness and 70 contrast for normal use to match my LG 34GK950F.
All this exclusivity crap is just LG's way of saying they cant supply models fast enough. Their stock levels are pretty frustrating.

Associate
All this exclusivity crap is just LG's way of saying they cant supply models fast enough. Their stock levels are pretty frustrating.

Definitely, trying to get any brand that uses the same panel is a nightmare. The Viewsonic XG270QG is near enough vapourware and the Lenovo Y27Q-20 is also nonexistent in the U.K.

Associate
Definitely, trying to get any brand that uses the same panel is a nightmare. The Viewsonic XG270QG is near enough vapourware and the Lenovo Y27Q-20 is also nonexistent in the U.K.

Yeah, it's getting like graphics card and high-end CPU launches - only the gushing tech. press seem to have any. :D

Back
Top Bottom