Whats it with girls and height?

Soldato
I don't think healthy genes is the main reason, it's western food. Take eastern cultures, thais for example. They have a healthy diet but thai fighters have got bigger and taller over recent years. They were always healthy and hard as nails, but now they're bigger.

Soldato
I've dated blokes who are just slightly taller than me and a couple who were considerably taller but I never went out of my way to check their height before I considered dating them.

I'll admit it is nice to have a guy who is taller than me as I feel safe/protected (which probably partly stems from a need to feel that way because of things that have happened) but I don't think I've ever said to someone that I couldn't date them because they're shorter than me. I think it's just always been the case that the guys that have approached me/messaged with me on a dating app have just happened to be taller :o

I would actually be more thinking "would the guy be embarrassed if I put heels on and end up being taller than him". (I did actually have an ex who really wasn't happy with me wearing high heels :rolleyes:)

Those screenshots of the messages though are shocking. How rude! I don't blame the guys for going back and questioning their weight.

Associate
This is starting to get into the dilemma of: would you rather be under 5ft 9 and decent enough looking or 5ft 10 and above but butt-ugly. Personally I’d choose the former.

Caporegime
This is starting to get into the dilemma of: would you rather be under 5ft 9 and decent enough looking or 5ft 10 and above but butt-ugly. Personally I’d choose the former.

Depends if it's a sudden switch or gradual thing. At 5.10 am I suddenly the elephant man or more like myself whereas at 6.6 I'm looking like blue waffle incarnate?

Soldato
I'm not tall at 5ft 7. It's not really bothered me, I'm lucky to have been compensated with above average intelligence and an aptitude for most sports. I'm sure it has stopped me from getting some girls but I was probably too oblivious to really notice. As a few have mentioned, the irony in the past is when girls have mentioned I'm short and they are my height with heels.

I've posted this in a previous thread which made me laugh :D (sent to me by a 6ft 7 friend)

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/tall-man-thinks-its-an-achievement-20190215182505

Caporegime
Difference in height can go too far though. Friends of mine stated dating when we were young, he was 6' 2" and she was 5' dead. They just always looked odd together as the gap was just too much.

Associate
I'm 5'9", which seems to be pretty much bang on average (in the UK and US at least). I'm also in good shape and decent looking according to most people, but my repellant personality renders all of that largely academic.

Back
Top Bottom