Gaming PC £700-800

Soldato
The Gigabyte RX 5700 is on offer at only £299, I go for that it is a great card. Cashback is never guaranteed btw.

That M.2 drives is SATA not NVMe, it doesn't make much difference in real terms but for the extra you'd be better off with Gigabyte drive.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1bk-gi.html

Totally agreed with this.

That 5700 is a steal, and as mentioned by @Minibiker the UK RMA/Customer Service offered by Gigabyte is another big selling point.

Also worth pointing out that Gigabyte generally offer a longer warranty than most on their graphics cards (3 years vs the more common 2, although other companies are improving in that regard).

Associate
OP
Says the GPU is 20th Dec.

I will remove the cooler then he wont be overclocking anytime soon.

Will either put the £35 saved towards a dearer case or extra 1tb hdd/480gb ssd.

Soldato
Says the GPU is 20th Dec.

I will remove the cooler then he wont be overclocking anytime soon.

Will either put the £35 saved towards a dearer case or extra 1tb hdd/480gb ssd.

Ohhh brilliant not long then... Yeah I must admit the aftermarket coolers look a lot better but if your looking to save on areas then that's somewhere to save.. I'm suprised you've been able to select a case that easy I'm usually stuck and end up chopping and changing a lot :p

Soldato

I wouldn't normally recommend something like this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £46.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)

The reason I am is because it's not a big difference in price and outside of the RGB it's the same product. I'm not personally into RGB and stuff, some people are, I would recommend watching the video on the store page. You or your clients might very much enjoy it for the sake of an extra tenner.

Would also get this over the Kingston SSD:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £99.95 (includes shipping: £0.00)

It's NvME so it's technically faster, will look tidier as there's no need for cables. Also Gigabyte, which comes back to the UK support mentioned earlier. I'd argue it's worth the extra £20 compared to a SATA drive.

Associate
OP
Cheers.

He is ordering those parts now.

Will all the parts come without GPU first or wait till all at once? Means I can build most of it and stick GPU in when it arrives.
Or.. does Ryzen 5 3600 not have onboard graphics?

Soldato
Cheers.

He is ordering those parts now.

Will all the parts come without GPU first or wait till all at once? Means I can build most of it and stick GPU in when it arrives.
Or.. does Ryzen 5 3600 not have onboard graphics?

The 3600 does not have onboard, you will need to wait until the GPU arrives.

Associate
OP
No problem I could always use my RX580 to test it all first.

Will post a complete pic. The black/grey should look clean.

I know ur not allowed to post other websites etc... but when u were all saying windows keys cheaper where is the best site to get them from... PM me.

Last edited:
Soldato
No problem I could always use my RX580 to test it all first.

Will post a complete pic. The black/grey should look clean.

You'll need to call them to ask to ship the other parts first, otherwise they won't bother, and they don't allocate stock so other parts might go out of stock before the GPU comes in!

Associate
OP
You'll need to call them to ask to ship the other parts first, otherwise they won't bother, and they don't allocate stock so other parts might go out of stock before the GPU comes in!
I'll pass the message on for him to do, we thought they automatically would as he paid for Sunday delivery so they would come tomorrow (except the GPU till 20th).

Associate
OP
Contacted them and guy has split order so that all parts come tomorrow except GPU.

Says hopefully it will come by 20th but can't guarentee. Says contact them on the 20th if its in stock and they will update to Sat or Sun delivery to get it faster..

Cross fingers time :(

If this Gigabyte GPU doesn't come in on time what are the next alternatives to go for? The 5700 for £315?

Back
Top Bottom