Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
Lost interest in the game fairly quickly, felt much like the first, endless grind with not much reward.

Constantly grinding, looting and checking item stats is not my idea of fun.

On the plus side, it ran really well. Constant 144fps with everything maxed. It's a shame the game sucks.

Associate
Lost interest in the game fairly quickly, felt much like the first, endless grind with not much reward.

On the plus side, it ran really well. Constant 144fps with everything maxed. It's a shame the game sucks.
I gotta agree with you there. I lost interest after the levi raid

Soldato

I gotta agree with you there. I lost interest after the levi raid

You have both missed out on quality content in that case, and hardly given it a fair chance. It's not as bad as grinding WoW or Division 1 though, its fairly easy going. Much better in groups and the co-op activities are fantastic.

Loot is available everywhere now so you can easily change up what you want to play. Strikes, NightFall, Ordeal, Nighthunts, Raids, PvP, seasonal activities, EP, gambit, armory, blindwell and a multitude of planets. They've doubled the powerful rewards and pinnacles give bigger boosts.

Associate
You have both missed out on quality content in that case, and hardly given it a fair chance. It's not as bad as grinding WoW or Division 1 though, its fairly easy going. Much better in groups and the co-op activities are fantastic.

Loot is available everywhere now so you can easily change up what you want to play. Strikes, NightFall, Ordeal, Nighthunts, Raids, PvP, seasonal activities, EP, gambit, armory, blindwell and a multitude of planets. They've doubled the powerful rewards and pinnacles give bigger boosts.

Yeah, I just don't do grinding loot games at all and have very little tolerance for it, passed on both WoW and the Division.

Sadly it's making it's way into single players games these days to try and milk players for loot boxes and other paid rubbish, they should be banned.

Soldato
Yeah, I just don't do grinding loot games at all and have very little tolerance for it, passed on both WoW and the Division.

Sadly it's making it's way into single players games these days to try and milk players for loot boxes and other paid rubbish, they should be banned.

You don't have to pay for them if you don't want too you know? I'm 2500+ hours into D2 and not paid a penny for loot, just the DLCs and Season passes that get released.

Soldato
As much as I enjoy this game, the opacity continues to be hilarious. The latest one is a quest appearing called "A small gift". The text says it smells faintly of mint.

As it turns out, you have to give this in to small cats hidden in obscure places on a particular planet. How in the hell are you supposed to know that? It feels like really lazy game making when it's not possible to play it without consulting external sources.

Still, at least it's one of the few items in the game that doesn't have a stupidly complicated name that you will never remember - like all the consumables do.

Associate

That's the thing, it's far too complicated for someone new to the game to grasp. Don't get me wrong I love some mmo style games, my favourite one is Warframe. But I was thrown a multitude amounts of quests and didn't have a direction to follow. I ended up doing the same Levi raid twice, without realising you don't get loot if you do the same exact one twice.

If there were some progression tree format for the quest, it would make following the game's lore and content soo much easier. Instead I just kept going back to the PvP games and got bored after that.

Though I did try again but this time with some buddies. They stopped after 2 hours after we got lost on how to progress next chronologically.

Kinda sucks but I hope to come back to it after they "fix" the intro segment

Soldato
That's the thing, it's far too complicated for someone new to the game to grasp. Don't get me wrong I love some mmo style games, my favourite one is Warframe. But I was thrown a multitude amounts of quests and didn't have a direction to follow. I ended up doing the same Levi raid twice, without realising you don't get loot if you do the same exact one twice.

If there were some progression tree format for the quest, it would make following the game's lore and content soo much easier. Instead I just kept going back to the PvP games and got bored after that.

Though I did try again but this time with some buddies. They stopped after 2 hours after we got lost on how to progress next chronologically.

Kinda sucks but I hope to come back to it after they "fix" the intro segment

I don't think there is anything to fix, it's just a matter of understanding how it works. For example:

- When you look at the tower map, you can see an icon on 8 of the vendors. Hovering over this will denote 0/8 bounties complete. Completing bounties from this vendor will reward power gear, to increase your powerlevel.
- If you look on the map, there is a gold cirucular icon. If you hover over these, it'll show you the same - you have to complete, for example, public events on the chosen planet, 4 gambit games, 4 crucible games, 4 strikes with the same class as the burn....

The biggest issue I think for new players is ineed not knowing where to start or getting the old campaigns to play though. There's nothing to "fix" perse, but they could absolutley give new players better guidance on how to complete certain objectives.

I would stick it out and come to the discord server. There's a load of us playing daily who can give you a run down of where to go and what you need to do in order to progress. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty straight forward.

Associate
I don't think there is anything to fix, it's just a matter of understanding how it works. For example:

- When you look at the tower map, you can see an icon on 8 of the vendors. Hovering over this will denote 0/8 bounties complete. Completing bounties from this vendor will reward power gear, to increase your powerlevel.
- If you look on the map, there is a gold cirucular icon. If you hover over these, it'll show you the same - you have to complete, for example, public events on the chosen planet, 4 gambit games, 4 crucible games, 4 strikes with the same class as the burn....

The biggest issue I think for new players is ineed not knowing where to start or getting the old campaigns to play though. There's nothing to "fix" perse, but they could absolutley give new players better guidance on how to complete certain objectives.

I would stick it out and come to the discord server. There's a load of us playing daily who can give you a run down of where to go and what you need to do in order to progress. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty straight forward.

I totally agree to what you have just said. I didn't even know you could view your bounty progress from the map screen.

Maybe a form tutorials explaining the interface would clear the whole issue up? Changing the interface would probably annoy more users then it's worth. After what you said, a tutorial of the interface would solve the trick easily.

Associate
I enjoyed destiny 1 on the ps4 when it first came out, noticed destiny 2 free to play on steam and playing it seems to make zero sense compared to the first one, i don't even remember much of how the first one went but number 2 seems to have zero story, don't even know what i am doing or where i'm supposed to go. For this reason i lost interest after a couple of days am i missing something?

Associate
I enjoyed destiny 1 on the ps4 when it first came out, noticed destiny 2 free to play on steam and playing it seems to make zero sense compared to the first one, i don't even remember much of how the first one went but number 2 seems to have zero story, don't even know what i am doing or where i'm supposed to go. For this reason i lost interest after a couple of days am i missing something?
I think you are certainty missing something, the full campain is still available to play, even someone like myself who's completed it fully on all 3 characters has the option to replay any particular part of the story again, can picknl it from Amanda Holiday in the tower, maybe now its free to play and boosted to 750 power you have to pick up the campains from Tower first?

Back
Top Bottom