• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Tbh after playing around with a buddy's "thing"(service I guess?), It really reminded me of the geforce Now streaming service. Not to confuse it with the gamestream service but the streaming of games from a server. From the last time I used it, I didn't have to buy any additional games as it used my steam login. Gonna have another go with the geforce now service to have a real comparison between the two services again.

Still doesn't make sense why stadia makes you pay for the games that you already have, services geforce now, shadow and vortex are able to do it (albeit not as well besides the first one)

Soldato
Tbh after playing around with a buddy's "thing"(service I guess?), It really reminded me of the geforce Now streaming service. Not to confuse it with the gamestream service but the streaming of games from a server. From the last time I used it, I didn't have to buy any additional games as it used my steam login. Gonna have another go with the geforce now service to have a real comparison between the two services again.

Still doesn't make sense why stadia makes you pay for the games that you already have, services geforce now, shadow and vortex are able to do it (albeit not as well besides the first one)
I know Stadia uses games specifically coded for it's platform which is why you can't play games you've already bought on PC. Pretty much like PS and Xbox. It can stream up to 4K. GeForce Now uses Nvidia's servers to run PC games and tops out at 1080, if you're lucky.

Last edited:
Associate
I know Stadia uses games specifically coded for it's platform which is why you can't play games you've already bought on PC. Pretty much like PS and Xbox. It can stream up to 4K. GeForce Now uses Nvidia's servers to run PC games and tops out at 1080, if you're lucky.

I'm not too sure about that idea that games are "specifically coded" for the platform. Do you have any sources that suggests this? It really does not make any sense that a developer would go back to a title, rebuild the game itself for it to be optimised for streaming. Forget the economic benefits, the logical standpoint doesn't make sense. How do you "re-code" a game so it can be streamed better without diminishing the resolution nor sever load?

Wasn't it exposed that majority of the games were simply upscaled to 4k? Don't quote me on that since it was a while back?

Also in my current situation, I'm getting better frame rate and overall quality from geforce now anyways rather then stadia platform. I guess all that extra "coding" is not worth the while.

Caporegime
OP
You can't use DirectX for a start, you have to use Vulkan. It might be easy to port, it might not be. I have no idea. But there aren't many games on PC that use Vulkan even though it's been available for a while. It all depends on Google's toolchain. I guess you could liken it to consoles in that first generation games always perform a bit janky and then after a few years things start to get better.

Soldato
Let's keep this chat positive guys. If you're not interested in the service or just come in here to bash it, I politely ask you to take your opinions elsewhere.

Currently it doesn't seem like the lost popular way to game but for us fans who enjoy it, it would be good to be able to converse here about everything

Soldato
Let's keep this chat positive guys. If you're not interested in the service or just come in here to bash it, I politely ask you to take your opinions elsewhere.

Currently it doesn't seem like the lost popular way to game but for us fans who enjoy it, it would be good to be able to converse here about everything

You're welcome to converse about everything. But if someone is doing a bit of research before a potential purchase then I think it's important that the thread also captures any negative views too.

It's a shame its struggling but Google badly marketed and failed to launch a polished product. Owners are beta testers.

Soldato
After having the buddy pass for a month and playing on PC, I was lucky enough to get the Premier Edition for Christmas.

I have to say that it's been great so far. I'm used to playing CSGO on PC so like to think I can notice any latency.

While their is some, yes,batter 5 minutes of play it disappears in my mind when playing Tomb Raider and Destiny.

I think the service is fantastic for what it offers. Just need a bigger game library and I think it's off to the races.

Associate
Performance is averaging at 1 second freeze (feels like a drop to 3 frames per second) per 30 seconds of game play for no apparent fault of my own. Shadow of Tomb Raider at quality over performance set.
It's definitely an issue with the deployment of the game on Stadia in the backend.

Zero stutter in small puzzle cave, soon as action started with being chased through market in large open 'hub' area the 1 second freezing starts again. It's like a PC that doesn't have enough memory & uses the HDD swap file.

If they could only resolve this I would be soo much better experience.

Chromecast ethernet connection on 350/20 with just the misses browning online, odd YouTube. So yeah, I've got one more game to play & will have to think hard about some of the big releases coming in 2020. May have to fall back on PS4 base for those.

No way you could get this for a child instead of console, they wouldn't be interested in technical reasons.

Last edited:
Soldato
That doesn't happen to me at all on a 200mbps connection. Have it also set for quality over FPS at it shows a 4K signal from Stadia.

There is a noticeable delay, but not much. But I do not get any stuttering like you are describing

Soldato
Well I have played 3000 plus hours of CSGO on PC and it isn't going to compete with that.

However Destiny 2 does play very well and I can't notice much compared to that Vs Fortnite on the Mrs' Xbox

Associate
Had a great 30 minutes of game play then went terrible with this 3fps for a second several times a minute. I usually get to an appropriate save point & stop playing when it gets like that. Just too inconsistent performance on my internet.

Back
Top Bottom