Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem- New ARPG

Associate

Another loot based ARPG which has been in development for many years is finally about to be released on January 30th.

I just got it on Steam as it's currently on sale and its price will be doubled once it's officially released. I definitely wanted to wait for reviews before buying this but at it's current price it was very tempting.

I'm not sure if it will be worth it though, it does look nice but they changed core mechanics so much since it was first announced as Umbra.

Anyone else interested?

Associate
I was looking for something to scratch the old Diablo itch whilst waiting for D4 to be released in a few years time, and came across this as a possible contender - how is this have you played far?

Associate
OP
I was looking for something to scratch the old Diablo itch whilst waiting for D4 to be released in a few years time, and came across this as a possible contender - how is this have you played far?
The game is in Early Access at the moment. I haven't played it because I am waiting for the full release before I get into it.

I'd recommend Grim Dawn if you haven't played it already, it's amazing and quite cheap too. Dark and gritty setting, lots of builds to experiment with, I've spend quite a few hours on it.

Soldato
It's actually shaping up to be a great aRPG. It's gone through massive changes since the alpha all for the better.

The game has a cracking character build/skill system and the combat now feels weighty with some nice core mechanics.

Associate
OP
One thing I don't like is that the map is too linear. Hopefully the 2 new acts will open up the map a little and allow some exploration.

A bit worried about endgame too, they haven't said much about it really.

Here's what we can expect on January 30th:

• 1 Act VS 3 Acts of an epic, immersive and fully voiced campaign
  • Level Max 20 VS Level Max 90
  • 20 skills + 8 modifiers VS 40 skill + 12-16 modifiers
  • 35 enemy meshs VS 75+ enemy meshes, in addition of skin modifications!
  • 9 Passive Skill Classes VS 21 Classes in the Passive Skill Tree
  • 6 Armor Tiers VS 11 Armor Tiers, each tier including Mage, Rogue, Warrior and Tank styles
  • 6 Weapon Tiers VS 11 Weapons Tiers, each including 12 different weapons (1H sword, Pistol, Shield...)
  • Character customization
  • Playable female character
  • A whole new endgame mode, unlocking many new game features
  • 4 Apocalyptic forms with their dedicated skills and attacks
  • Unique secondary areas to discover
  • Lot of new environments and several variants for each of them
  • Optional content and side quests
  • Crafting
  • Very cool game enabling uniques
  • Many new and meaningful item affix modifiers
  • Many weapon stances will have new, improved animations
  • Armor skin transfer
  • Very cool armor tinting system that we will present to you later
  • Customizable game rules thanks to area alterations
  • New boss mechanics and boss modifiers
  • HUD redesign
  • The ability to have several skills of the same type with different modifiers in endgame

Soldato
Bought this a few days ago and have already maxed a few beta characters, playing with builds etc from what I can do in the beta. I know the build I will be going for now, hope it holds up at higher levels.

I do have a few concerns with the beta but they may be addressed on the 30th so going to wait to give my thoughts.

Associate
OP
Bought this a few days ago and have already maxed a few beta characters, playing with builds etc from what I can do in the beta. I know the build I will be going for now, hope it holds up at higher levels.

I do have a few concerns with the beta but they may be addressed on the 30th so going to wait to give my thoughts.
Did you enjoy it so far?

Soldato
Picked this up yesterday after been following it since 2016, Release date has been pushed back to Feb 13th as they want to get everything sorted.

Half way through act 1 and enjoying it, definitely scratches my Grim Dawn / D3 itch.

Associate
I highly doubt this will be in a good state when it launches - way too much stuff we haven't seen at all yet.

Going from around a third of a game with lots of bits missing to - "its finished" in one jump is a bit of a stretch.

Soldato
I hadn't really heard of this until recently. Doesn't seem like their is much hype around it, I have been tempted to buy it but I'm tired of wasting money on early access games. The price does go up on release though

Soldato
I'll keep on eye on this, i'll wait until it's cheaper and its likely to be abetter game (as almost all games are) a few months down the line. Having fun on POE for now.

Soldato
Looking forward to this especially with some of the new skills they've shown since taking the servers down ready for launch. The end game post they put out regarding the base building is a different take on just farming items.

Soldato
I have put about 20hrs into the beta and I am enjoying it. I seem to have found a nice melee build but what it will be like at top level I dont know.

My worry is that I am still finding many pathing bugs and general UI issues. I do hope all will be fixed on Friday but even if not I will still enjoy it. The story seems interesting enough so even if I complete that only i will feel like I have my money's worth.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
will probably pick this up once its shipped and been patched up a bit, bound to be issues the first month especially with them postponing it a few weeks already.

Back
Top Bottom