How do you get the smell of weed out of a flat?

Caporegime
Sounds like your child will be smoking it sooner or later when they get older anyway.

Merry Christmas to you too buddy, need a hug?

As for the actual problem, have you spoken to the neighbours? We can jump around in circles here offering all sorts of solutions but shirley it'd make more sense to just ask them politely to smoke outside?

Associate
OP
Merry Christmas to you too buddy, need a hug?

As for the actual problem, have you spoken to the neighbours? We can jump around in circles here offering all sorts of solutions but shirley it'd make more sense to just ask them politely to smoke outside?

everyone seems friendly no harm in asking politely. :)

Potpourri,shake n vac,incense sticks

Pegs on noses:p

Where is the gypsies selling pegs when you need them :D

Man of Honour
From experience;

If they are reasonable, then talking is the best option.

Resonsible 'weed' smokers will want to be left alone and appreciate their neighbours ( i have no issues with that ) .

If not then go full Council/Landord/Police.

Sadly young 'weed' smokers can quickly turn a flat into a 24 / 7 place to turn up at all hours - nip in in the bud before it escalates.

Caporegime
Its a drug probably far more destructive aswell is my meaning
But if you want I'll dispose of all those presents for you :D

Is it far more destructive though?

Are there gangs shooting each other selling scotch? Has scotch created narco states.

It's amazing how pot heads think they are above everyone else.

It's illegal and pot heads is just a fancy name for junkies.

You should go visit places where it's legal and look at their use levels of illegal drugs and homelessness compared to where it is illegal.

But yeah keep on smoking the good stuff.

It should be used medicinally only. Recreational use is terrible. I've seen what it does to people and people that say it's fine are too stoned to know any better as their brains are fried.

Associate
OP
Is it far more destructive though?

Are there gangs shooting each other selling scotch? Has scotch created narco states.

It's amazing how pot heads think they are above everyone else.

It's illegal and pot heads is just a fancy name for junkies.

You should go visit places where it's legal and look at their use levels of illegal drugs and homelessness compared to where it is illegal.

But yeah keep on smoking the good stuff.

It should be used medicinally only. Recreational use is terrible. I've seen what it does to people and people that say it's fine are too stoned to know any better as their brains are fried.

Yes of course alcohol is worse, you could start drinking 5 minutes later you are dead, they both have long term effects associated with misuse but alcohol is just a poison on the body and it's so easy to consume and buy. It destroys families and puts a massive burden on the health system.

Saying pot legality is linked to homelessness and drug misuse is hearsay, making it legal wasn't going to fix the people already effected by drink and drug misuse and a rise in inflation and lack of affordable housing/paid jobs could also be the main cause.

And yes there have definitely been people shot over alcohol look back a century to the prohibition. Even today there are illegal stills running in the UK.

Soldato
Where are you thinking of? Off the top of my head portugal hard drug use went down when all drugs were decriminalised, not sure about homelessness though. Holland has been decriminalised for ages and I'm not aware of a massive rise in homlessness and hard drug use since... unless we talk the main cities, but all main cities have this problem. Has Canada turned into a massive crack den with zillions of homeless? In parts of america it is generating massive taxes, but don't think they are being spent very well.

Where do you mean?

edit:

I've seen what it does to people and people that say it's fine are too stoned to know any better as their brains are fried.

I've seen the same, with both alcohol, and weed. I think both can affect growing brains in a bad way also, weed more. I am a tad worried about the amount of young folk on it, like 13 to 18, especially the heavy users.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Where are you thinking of? Off the top of my head portugal hard drug use went down when all drugs were decriminalised, not sure about homelessness though. Holland has been decriminalised for ages and I'm not aware of a massive rise in homlessness and hard drug use since... unless we talk the main cities, but all main cities have this problem. Has Canada turned into a massive crack den with zillions of homeless? In parts of america it is generating massive taxes, but don't think they are being spent very well.

Where do you mean?

edit:

I've seen the same, with both alcohol, and weed. I think both can affect growing brains in a bad way also, weed more.

USA, Los Angeles, etc.

Canada is abnormal. It doesn't have a drink or drugs culture. But they do have a lot of drug related gang violence.

Los Angeles it's cheaper to get smashed on pot than alcohol. Homelessness and drug use is rife.

Their car accident rate is also through the roof. People driving stoned constantly

Soldato
^^ was it much better before weed was legalised in Los Angeles? Really? And now a lot of folk are stoned instead of drunk its worse? More stoned raping and murdering? I just don't know man... Maybe Los Angeles is just a pretty F-ed up place to begin with, no?

Caporegime
^^ was it much better before weed was legalised in Los Angeles? Really? And now a lot of folk are stoned instead of drunk its worse? More stoned raping and murdering? I just don't know man... Maybe Los Angeles is just a pretty F-ed up place to begin with, no?

Netherlands is a narco state. A top lawyer was shot dead the other day. It's just a fancy Mexico / Columbia.

You don't see that type of organised violence with alcohol or with those types of weapons.

Associate
OP
Canada is pretty known for it stoner culture tho too, I mean, even Tommy Chong is from there! :p

Exactly places with large drink and drug misuse aren't going to get better with legalised pot, you don't see many stoners running around high as a kite shooting **** up normally talking about their third eye and how Satan is in the walls :cool:

Netherlands is a narco state. A top lawyer was shot dead the other day. It's just a fancy Mexico / Columbia.

You don't see that type of organised violence with alcohol or with those types of weapons.

They're not really involved in distributing weed, it's mostly cocaine, guns and money laundering where it's big money and very risky crossing borders.

Actually if you continue to google articles relating to the bias you want to portray you'll actually find studies that alcohol increased the violence within gangs.

Edit: The simple fact is marijuana plants can have significant medicinal properties, alcohol has a few with extremely moderate use and who really drinks medicinally?

Man of Honour

Where do you mean?

Probably talking about San Fran where I went recently (November) and cannabis use is legal, as charming as the place is, it is also an absolute dump at the moment. Proving correlation and causation though is a very different thing, ask pretty much anybody out there and they will tell you that the cannabis isn't the problem. I also went to other parts of California and San Fran is pretty different to say LA but either way the problems run far deeper than just a bit of weed. As for lets say Canada I also met a guy in the Dominican Republic earlier in the year who has made a business out of cannabis and it's doing him and his family very well, you know what we went out for dinner with him and his wife and listening to his story and about the state of cannabis in Canada was eye opening.

Let's be honest though cannabis use and alcohol use and effects on health and society are also very different, one has potential health benefits while the other can and will rip you apart, or is it that simple? Looking at just people I know and my friend group I have seen 3 friends die in the last few years all drink related. One of my ex's younger brothers (25) because of alcohol, one of my best mates dad's, again alcohol. Then on the other end of the scale a mate of mine and long term cannabis user gave up using it and promptly found out that he has MS (35) and that the cannabis use had been masking the symptoms for at least a year. It's grim but we all know abusing any substance can and will cause damage, yet many of us still take the risk and enjoy ourselves while doing it.

Back
Top Bottom