• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
I've not noticed it on a CRT before but seen it on work LCDs that are always on with the same stuff running. My own work monitor (IPS) shows temporary image retention from time to time.

Soldato
ill see how much ampere is if it is 50% and the price is right maybe but im happy with my 2080ti but known nvidia for the price shenanigans it will be the worlds 1st £2000 grands odds GPU anyone thinks differently they will still buy it not for me .

Soldato
ill see how much ampere is if it is 50% and the price is right maybe but im happy with my 2080ti but known nvidia for the price shenanigans it will be the worlds 1st £2000 grands odds GPU anyone thinks differently they will still buy it not for me .

I think RRP this time round will be £1299 and with other more fancy versions will be £1500-£200 unfortunately, specially if and can't compete.

But early indications are big navi might not be a pushover, might be close this time. If big Navi could be within 10-15% of Ampere then we might not see inflated prices but too much in the air right now to make any predictions.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Worth it to have the best! ;):p

Well second best as Titan's are best :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
i hope the prices do come down abit that 1300 i spent on my 2080ti still hunts me

Lol. Jensen was only getting started with you, he will go harder on you next time as he recons you don't mind :p

Just joking mate, I am sure price will come down, but not by much.

nothing wrong with the best mate lol:D:D:p:p

Nothing wrong at all. I am just pulling your leg as I still remember your comment from a while ago. To me you are the "it is worth it for the best (second best) guy" :p:D

Soldato
Lol. Jensen was only getting started with you, he will go harder on you next time as he recons you don't mind :p

Just joking mate, I am sure price will come down, but not by much.

Nothing wrong at all. I am just pulling your leg as I still remember your comment from a while ago. To me you are the "it is worth it for the best (second best) guy" :p:D

yeah buddy i no lol..

Caporegime
OP
Xbox Series-X rumoured to be a PC. :p

• A new rumor about the next-gen Xbox is among the wackiest yet.
  • The Xbox Series X can allegedly play PC games thanks to “Windows Mode.”
  • That includes playable games from Steam and Epic Games Store.
When it comes to the next-generation consoles, it’s more speculation than substantiated fact while Sony and Microsoft prance around revealing underwhelming logos and the like. As rumors go, this latest one about the Xbox Series X ranks up there as one of the wackiest we’ve seen to date.

https://www.ccn.com/xbox-series-x-rumors-windows-mode-will-bring-pc-gaming-to-your-console/

Caporegime
Also having used my 55" LG OLED as a PC monitor for a couple of days, the picture was amazing and blew my 3440x1440 UW out the water. I would have bought another had I had the room in my gaming space but unfortunately, I don't. 4K on the right screen is a sight to behold in truth and I have said it before and I will say it again, bring out a OLED monitor that fits my area and I would jump on it.
At some point in the not too distant future MicroLED will make OLED redundant. It has all of the benefits and none of the drawbacks.

Soldato
At some point in the not too distant future MicroLED will make OLED redundant. It has all of the benefits and none of the drawbacks.

The best shall be OLED for a while yet.

Samsung is the company most invested in uLED right now and at CES 2020 the best they could show up with was the "wall".

Interesting concept I'll admit - a series of small uLED panels joined together to create a single picture. And you can buy them now - just $17,000usd for a 24inch uLED panel that uses a ton of electricity.
Sounds like a bargain right. Samsung hooked a bunch of these up to make a big screen at CES (over 200 inches) and it was pulling 10,000 watts.

The screens are also heavy and large - each panel weighs nearly 20kg and appears to be about 4 or 5 inches thick.

To make a 4k screen out of these at home you'd need at least 4 of them. That's 80kg to hold up on a stand, $68k usd and would probably blow a fuse when you ply HDR content on it, so you'd need to upgrade your supply.

Back
Top Bottom