• iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

If they bring back TouchID in some form (I guess through the display) then I'll be sold.

Not sure we'll get that on the 2020 version.

Though there are rumours they have made the face ID sensor much smaller, so at least there's going to be a much smaller notch (I hope anyway)

Soldato
Not sure we'll get that on the 2020 version.

Though there are rumours they have made the face ID sensor much smaller, so at least there's going to be a much smaller notch (I hope anyway)

I use my phone for all my contactless payments so the finger print scanner is far easier than Face ID. So it’s really touch ID I’d prefer than a smaller Face ID.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I use my phone for all my contactless payments so the finger print scanner is far easier than Face ID. So it’s really touch ID I’d prefer than a smaller Face ID.

Damn, as a 7 plus user im in a very similar boat to you. I use touch ID apple pay for basically 95% of all my payments (the other 5% being cash). You can still use face ID but I do get its not as quick. Hopefully the find a way to make face ID quicker and useful from more angles

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Just get an Apple Watch, way more convenient for Apple Pay :p

I don't see Touch ID coming back, perhaps on a more budget model.

Already have one, but I still prefer using it on my phone tbh :p Maybe because its an old series 2, so feels a bit slow these days, so might need to upgrade it.

Also, I think Apple had some patents and leaks a while back about under the glass finger print sensors, so I can definitely see it happening in the future. Its not like its the same touch ID we've had previously where it's on a button

Associate
Really do hope they ditch the "12" from their naming this year.

Just keep it simple: iPhone, iPhone Pro & & iPhone Pro Max.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Really do hope they ditch the "12" from their naming this year.

Just keep it simple: iPhone, iPhone Pro & & iPhone Pro Max.

Thats silly, what will they call it next year then?

I think this naming scheme is definitely much better than what it used to be with the S and R models which can get confusing.

Though I think Samsung calling it the S20 for 2020 and I assume S21 for next year is actually a better way of doing it as it keeps things much easier to follow

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Smaller notch incoming by the looks of things! Even though for 2020 its still far too big, but its definitely looking better than that huge one we have currently.

Looks like most of my wishlist is coming true for the latest iphone, and im all for it!

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Absolutely. They have to name the generations in some way, Samsung's method seems pretty sensible.

Yeah I like what Samsung have done, keeps following the phones much easier as they are released year by year.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

What Id like to see, in order of importance for next years model:

1) Much smaller notch, or no notch at all
2) 120Hz display
3) USB-C
4) 5G
5) 6/8gb of RAM
6) Base storage 128gb
7) Faster charging/Faster wireless charging
8) 1440p display
9) Reverse wireless charging

Let us pray

1, 2, 4, 5 look like they have a high chance of coming with this years phone based on leaks/rumours.

Also heard some rumours about 7 coming true, but haven't heard much. Only thing i really wish to see that hasn't really been mentioned in USB-C

Soldato
Already looks substantially smaller. I'm a fan.

Though I'm not sure if I'm going to upgrade from my 11PM. I wasn't even going to upgrade to this one from the XSM but it worked out cheaper for me to do so.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Already looks substantially smaller. I'm a fan.

Though I'm not sure if I'm going to upgrade from my 11PM. I wasn't even going to upgrade to this one from the XSM but it worked out cheaper for me to do so.

Not only that, but the bezels are thinner as well!

Only thing im a bit concerned about is if the phone is thin like the current ipads, they have a very bad bending problem, and my phone is constantly in my pocket.

Soldato
Doesn’t look substantially shallower, just narrower which is almost exclusively achieved by moving up the speaker grill and lining up the sensors underneath.

Will we have to say goodbye to the amplified top speaker to make it fit?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Doesn’t look substantially shallower, just narrower which is almost exclusively achieved by moving up the speaker grill and lining up the sensors underneath.

Will we have to say goodbye to the amplified top speaker to make it fit?

Yeah all the internals look exactly the same size, its just the speaker has been moved into the bezel. So much for making face ID and all the other parts smaller?

Back
Top Bottom