Ryzen 3700x AIO Cooler - I've been a moron.

Associate
Hi,

I had a mysterious noise coming from inside my new PC build, which I thought was the NVME drive fizzing, turned out to be the Thermaltake Water 3.0 argb sync 360 which I have now returned. I rather eagerly replaced this with an Aorus Liquid Cooler 360, I think I was drawn in by the rather blingy and pointless LCD display.

It was very easy to install, however the system itself my god it's NOISY. The thermaltake even with a dodgy pump and no RGB working was keeping my system cooler and even with the annoying noise, was much quieter than this AIO cooler. The pump is noisy, the fans are noisy, the whole thing is noisy. Even in "quiet" mode, the fans seem to ramp up every 20 seconds. When it's on balance, performance mode it's ridiculously loud. I am so disappointed, for the price I expected something better. So I will be returning the thing as I just can't live with the noise.

Can anyone recommend an AIO cooler, that has a quiet pump (one that you can't really hear) and quiet fans. At this point, I'd be tempted to try another Thermaltake, but would like to know opinions on good, quiet 360 AIO coolers.

Soldato
I like swiftech if you can get one
Better quality components in them
Full size standard 3/8 inner 5/8 outer tubing
Can expand it if you ever want to
Can replace tubing if you ever want to
Obviously best/most selling ones are corsair though they feel like a feather compared to swiftech

Associate
OP
Never had a problem with Corsair. Look at the pump/block. Most are the same and this is because they're made by Asetek.

Went for a Corsair H150i Pro can honestly say it's surpassed my expectations. Lower idle temps and lower temps under stress testing, very quiet, can't hear the pump and even under load the fans are quiet. Great product, which just casts more shade over the Auros AIO!

Associate
I'm giving a try to the Arctic Cooling Freezer II ... and I must admit ... it's really good!
I have a 360mm and a 280mm ( the 280mm is going to my kid's rig ).

The price is super ...
The cooling, I must admit, is amazing but it's a 38mm rad ...

The pump, maybe I'm not a very sensitive person to noise, but I can't really hear it.

Give it a try :) for the price, it's amazing!

Soldato
I'm giving a try to the Arctic Cooling Freezer II ... and I must admit ... it's really good!
I have a 360mm and a 280mm ( the 280mm is going to my kid's rig ).

The price is super ...
The cooling, I must admit, is amazing but it's a 38mm rad ...

The pump, maybe I'm not a very sensitive person to noise, but I can't really hear it.

Give it a try :) for the price, it's amazing!

This is what I've been looking at for when I upgrade to a 4900x at the end of the year and the reviews do look very good for a price that's hard to beat. 1 question are pump and fan control separate as it only has the 1 connector for both I wasn't sure on this?

Associate
Personally I'd go with an Eisbaer LT Solo pump and make your own aio. I can't claim to have personal experience across different aio's but I've never had an issue with pump noise using one of these. It also allows you to spec your own rad and fans accordingly.

Associate
There's only 1 connector for pump and fans yes. What I did was to disconnect the fans from that splitter connector, connect the pump to the motherboard pump header and then run the 6 fans ( yes, push/pull, from a fan hub.

Soldato
There's only 1 connector for pump and fans yes. What I did was to disconnect the fans from that splitter connector, connect the pump to the motherboard pump header and then run the 6 fans ( yes, push/pull, from a fan hub.
Did you bother with the mini block fan?

Soldato
Personally I'd go with an Eisbaer LT Solo pump and make your own aio. I can't claim to have personal experience across different aio's but I've never had an issue with pump noise using one of these. It also allows you to spec your own rad and fans accordingly.
Most of the AIO are rebadged asetek or coolit any way
Swiftech and one or 2 others being the exception
Usually pump noise isn't the issue unless at 5000rpm maybe~but after a certain rpm it's diminishing return anyway doesn't make much difference to temps
It's fans noise usually
Earlier corsair fans for example

Associate
Did you bother with the mini-block fan?

It's there, running ... doesn't really make any noise that can take my attention :) So no worries there.

As for the Eisbaer, yeah, it would be good but I had nothing but TERRIBLE experiences with Alphacool support and aftersales ... and I decided not to go Alphacool ever again...
A brand is great not because it makes great products ... but because it creates a relationship with the customer ... and in this case, it was a hate relationship :D

Last edited:
Soldato
It's there, running ... doesn't really make any noise that can take my attention :) So no worries there.

As for the Eisbaer, yeah, it would be good but I had nothing but TERRIBLE experiences with Alphacool support and aftersales ... and I decided not to go Alphacool never again...
A brand is great not because it makes great products ... but because it creates a relationship with the customer ... and in this case, it was a hate relationship :D
Yep good support is crucial
Years ago when Bryan was at swiftech
Outside office hours meant nothing to the guy
Was real sorry when he left

Back
Top Bottom