** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Have only just set mine up - no marks on the box, packed well. Set it all up looked at the screen before booting up and happy to say that it was dirt/smear free etc. Plugged it in and booted up. Spent a few minutes just on the desktop to get used to the 60hz first. Then went in and tweaked some settings, turning off power saving etc. Didnt mess too much with the colour profile for now, Gamer 1 was pretty decent, and I just put the brightness down to around 30-35.

Next up, changed the refresh rate to 144hz in windows and held my breath to see what the fuss is all about. And oooooooh it IS smooth. never have I just enjoyed moving a mouse and window around the screen so much. Definitely noticeable. Chucked on a black screen and although I can't say I dont have BLB/IPS glow (Not really sure where one ends and the other begins), all I can say is that its not noticeable in any one area so that it sticks out like a sore thumb. Its there, but not enough to annoy me. Good. Any stuck pixels? No. QC looking good at this point.

Next up. Games. I load up Destiny 2, change the vsync (Not sure if I need this on now?) and max frames and then load in. Hotdamn. Its lovely in motion. I swear I notice little things more, particle effects and all that, but I've put in plenty of time in that game to notice when things change. Next up, Control. Same. Forza. Same. The latter is amazing in full tilt.

Thats about as far as I have got. Need to do a cable tidy, wire in the USB to do a firmware update, and then see what people are doing for their colour settings. Out of the box seems good for now. Going to play a bit more tonight and then see if I have any other thoughts.

Overall though - happy.

Associate
Had an update on stock!

All being well should be able to fulfil about half of pre-orders this week and the other half before the end of the month!

The first half of the stock is landing today at distributor and so should be with us tomorrow.

The other half is scheduled to land over the two weeks after that.

Thanks everyone for your patience. I'm buying all of them and trying to speed anything up where I can!
Hi there,
What about preorders made after this post? Was there just enough to fill preorders made at this point, and are subsequent orders placed after this post subject to a longer wait time?
Cheers!

Associate
Had an hour or two with it, colours, detail, and motion are GREAT in both turns of vibrancy and consistency and a great deal better than the BENQ XL2411T i'm coming from. Contrast is surprisingly good too (having read the number based reviews). Not sure why the power-lead from the power box is so short though, it doesn't quite reach my floor..

Blacks are good in my opinion, but I seem to have IPS glow more prominent in one corner, which makes it quite noticeable in dark games. Add any colour and you stop noticing it of course, but it makes games like Enter the Gungeon (click for pic) a little bit annoying (edges of the map are also black).

Battlefield 5 DOOM is something to behold.

Last edited:
Associate
yeah agree that the power lead is a bit short. Pretty odd thing to miss out really. Played a couple more hours of Control last night, and the clarity was great, even with all that goes on screen in that game. Was an enjoyable experience. Was playing in dimly lit room then, and did notice more that theres glow in the 2 corners but nothing too bad IMO. Did seem to have a bit of a bright spot near where the joystick is for the OSD, but think I can live with. Will test more this weekend.

What are people doing with the other other settings such as black stabilizer etc? I've left everything on default and cranked the brightness down and its surprisingly similar to the sRGB mode now. Seeing as thats been calibrated, then I guess thats a good benchmark to aim for. Might give the firmware an update too - but part of me is "If it aint broke then dont fix it".

EDIT - Also now that I am running uncapped framerate, my GPU temps have rocketed. Previously had my GPU and intake fans tuned for 60fps peak load, and it would never really go over 65c but now its well north of 75c and touched 80c for a bit. Time for some tuning I guess.

Last edited:
Associate
Would be useful to know what monitors people had prior to getting the LG.

For me, as per my sig, the Asus PB278Q. So size and colour not too bad, but 60hz only. Probably also why I am used to IPS glow etc too. I have yet to stand them up side by side to see the real diffferences, but part of me doesnt want to incase I start picking up negatives lol. But I would say that I am pretty happy with the jump to 144hz

Soldato
Whats the dead pixel policy on LG, and couldn't you just return it under the 14 day rule? Looking to get one, but these type of things really annoy me in a moderately expensive bit of kit.

Associate
if aimed at me then yes I believe you can RMA it. However there are no dead pixels on mine and I'm still trying to figure out if the glow is noticeable and makes an impact. If I'm having to think that much if its bad then its a good sign in my book. Will have another think over the weekend with more testing, but on initial few hours impression I like it.

Associate
Whats the dead pixel policy on LG, and couldn't you just return it under the 14 day rule? Looking to get one, but these type of things really annoy me in a moderately expensive bit of kit.

I ordered the monitor on 20th November and got it yesterday... And so far, looks great!
No dead pixels, no IPS glow... Nice QC :)
I have been reading a few reviews and apparently everyone is pretty happy with the panels.

My previous monitor was an Asus VG278H.

Soldato
The 27GL83A-B was back in stock this morning and just went out of stock. They upped the price to £439 so that's a £100 increase, nobrainer which to buy now.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there,
What about preorders made after this post? Was there just enough to fill preorders made at this point, and are subsequent orders placed after this post subject to a longer wait time?
Cheers!

We had another lot land today but we still haven't cleared all the pre-orders.

Just waiting on confirmation of next stock, this should be next week.

LG did miss a booking slot at one of their distys today so that may push some of next weeks stock back a little. If nothing is delayed at the other disty then I believe that we should get through everyone next week.

The other distys stock should clear all pre-orders as of today so fingers crossed!

Will update once I have confirmation.

Associate
We had another lot land today but we still haven't cleared all the pre-orders.

Just waiting on confirmation of next stock, this should be next week.

LG did miss a booking slot at one of their distys today so that may push some of next weeks stock back a little. If nothing is delayed at the other disty then I believe that we should get through everyone next week.

The other distys stock should clear all pre-orders as of today so fingers crossed!

Will update once I have confirmation.

How accurate is the delivery emails you give? I ordered a 27gl850 today and got an un expected dpd tracking link saying its been dispatched. Nothing showing on DPD yet. Have also raised a web query.

Soldato
How accurate is the delivery emails you give? I ordered a 27gl850 today and got an un expected dpd tracking link saying its been dispatched. Nothing showing on DPD yet. Have also raised a web query.

I would imagine they are fairly accurate. They sometimes take a few hours to register. Tracking numbers.

Associate
I would imagine they are fairly accurate. They sometimes take a few hours to register. Tracking numbers.
Thats what I am hoping but going by the fact I would be at the back of the que with only ordering today I am very surprised with the latest update of not all pre orders cleared

Associate
Thats what I am hoping but going by the fact I would be at the back of the que with only ordering today I am very surprised with the latest update of not all pre orders cleared

Me too as even though it was a few days ago I ordered mine, the order has still not been updated. I do live in Ireland though so maybe a logistics thing.

OcUK Staff
OP

I believe one sneaked through on Friday from a later pre-order. Something about an out of stock from another order. Possibly was this order.

We have another few dozen landing with us later this week and more the week after.

Still hopeful we'll have cleared all exisiting pre-orders this month!

Back
Top Bottom