** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Has anyone managed to update the firmware for the monitor? I've got two of them and for both of them I get a message saying that the USB cable needs to be connected, which it is because I'm using USB's plugged into the screens and can access the devices. I turn one of them off completely as it tells me to, then when just one is hooked up I get that message telling me to plug in the USB.

Associate
Has anyone managed to update the firmware for the monitor? I've got two of them and for both of them I get a message saying that the USB cable needs to be connected, which it is because I'm using USB's plugged into the screens and can access the devices. I turn one of them off completely as it tells me to, then when just one is hooked up I get that message telling me to plug in the USB.

How are you updating the firmware?
I managed to install the OnScreen Control and I think I updated the firmware from there, where it says Monitor Software Update, but I'm not 100% sure that's the firmware.

Associate
How are you updating the firmware?
I managed to install the OnScreen Control and I think I updated the firmware from there, where it says Monitor Software Update, but I'm not 100% sure that's the firmware.
I’m using OnScreen Control but it just keeps giving me that message. I’ve tried different USB ports on my system, factory resetting the screens, swapping the cables but to no avail

Associate
I’m using OnScreen Control but it just keeps giving me that message. I’ve tried different USB ports on my system, factory resetting the screens, swapping the cables but to no avail

Which port on the monitor are you using? If I remember correctly, I think I used the Type B one. Didn't have any issues. Used the cable that came on the box.

EDIT: I've also just tried it with a USB 2 Type A to B cable and that also worked OK. Did you get the two Windows notifications when you plugged the cable in? Looking at the software I downloaded from LG's site, I also seemed to have grabbed the Windows driver. I can't remember if I had to install that too, as I did all this a few months back.. Might be worth a try if you haven't already tried that.

Last edited:
Associate
Which port on the monitor are you using? If I remember correctly, I think I used the Type B one. Didn't have any issues. Used the cable that came on the box.
I’m using the Type B port on the monitor to USB 3.0 ports on my PC using the supplied cable as well. Tried again earlier but still getting the message about making sure the USB cable is connected.

EDIT: I’ve also installed the Windows driver, reinstalled it, tried every USB 3.0 port on the back of my PC but still can’t update the firmware.

Last edited:
Associate

Same problem. Solved by connecting the monitor to my work notebook and do the firmware update through that. Also have active only monitor screen (turn off the notebook screen) or it wont let you update.

Associate
Mine 850 just arrived and it's set up.

Looks absolutely fantastic.

I have to say I'm not really a monitor fanatic and I'm upgrading from a nearly 8 year old 1080p Samsung but the difference is night and day.

It's so bright and the colours look great. I thought getting used to the 1440p would be weird as the text is smaller etc but it's really nice and crisp. My only annoyance is that my new Dell IPS screens that are 1080 next to them now look awful in comparison... :D

I've not been much of a gamer recently but going to have to download something to try it out. Would be rude not to!

Soldato
Mine 850 just arrived and it's set up.

Looks absolutely fantastic.

I have to say I'm not really a monitor fanatic and I'm upgrading from a nearly 8 year old 1080p Samsung but the difference is night and day.

It's so bright and the colours look great. I thought getting used to the 1440p would be weird as the text is smaller etc but it's really nice and crisp. My only annoyance is that my new Dell IPS screens that are 1080 next to them now look awful in comparison... :D

I've not been much of a gamer recently but going to have to download something to try it out. Would be rude not to!

My one arrived around the same time.
All setup and gave it a quick test for dead pixels and all looks great.
I'll need to put it through its paces soon.

Associate
My one arrived around the same time.
All setup and gave it a quick test for dead pixels and all looks great.
I'll need to put it through its paces soon.

Good stuff!

I couldn't see any dead pixels.

I know people talk about IPS glow or whatever but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for so I guess if I look at it and it seems fine that's enough!

How are you putting it through its paces?

Associate
@NikTheSHNIK Do you have any news on fulfilling outstanding preorders? Is there any stock due? If so, do you know when? Is it likely to be enough to fulfil the orders for people who have paid but are still sat waiting for their product?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom