• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Oh man, I wanna be so hyped for a big navi card too, but after seeing AMD trip over themselves in launching even a low-mid range card (5600 XT), it's hard to have much faith.

One great thing about it is that it could turn out to be a repeat of GCN due to consoles. An easy buy & enjoy for the rest of the console generation as it ages better than a Turing/Ampere.

Then again, maybe not.

I think the 5600xt is a decent card tbh. It's way faster than its competition the 1660ti and it forced Nvidia to drop the price on the 2060. I would have liked it to be a bit cheaper though possibly bang on 1660ti pricing. There will most likely be some deals on it like there have been with the 5700 making it more attractive to buyers.

Soldato
I think the 5600xt is a decent card tbh. It's way faster than its competition the 1660ti and it forced Nvidia to drop the price on the 2060. I would have liked it to be a bit cheaper though possibly bang on 1660ti pricing. There will most likely be some deals on it like there have been with the 5700 making it more attractive to buyers.

The card itself is fine, but they shot themselves in the foot with the different bioses.

Permabanned
Navi-21-Specs.png

https://ownsnap.com/amds-high-end-big-navi-21-specs-leaked/

Advanced Micro Devices AMD has been reportedly developing advanced high-performance graphics card, in a bid to challenge NVIDIA’s NVDA dominance in the high-end GPU market. The GPU is reportedly dubbed to be, "NVIDIA Killer."

Rumors have been doing the rounds ever since the company’s CEO, Dr. Lisa Su, mentioned about unveiling “Big Navi” soon.

In fact, tech enthusiasts are of the opinion that the latest filing with Eurasian Economic Commission for Radeon RX 5950XT and other cards, on Jan 14, validates the buzz around the launch of the new chip.

Per Tech Radar report, the new graphics card is touted to be 30% faster than NVIDIA's RTX 2080 Ti.

Per Twitter user, KittyCorgi, cited on various sources, AMD Radeon Navi 21, features 80 Compute Units, hardware Ray Tracing and offers 2X faster performance over the company’s Navi 10 or RX 5700 XT.

We believe that the robust features of the new GPU, rumored for launch in 2020, positions AMD well to capitalize on the high-end graphics card market.

Coming to price performance, shares of AMD have returned 158.3% in the past year, significantly outperforming the industry’s rally of 50.6%.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amds-nvidia-killer-high-end-145302258.html

Last edited:
Caporegime

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery reluctant to believe that, but a bump like that would be great to see for everyone.
Same here. Chances are it is fake news, people will get there hopes up again as usual and end up disappointed.

Saying all that I really hope AMD do release something that is much more powerful and take the crown for a short while until Nvidia release the 3000 series at least.

Caporegime
Same here. Chances are it is fake news, people will get there hopes up again as usual and end up disappointed.

Saying all that I really hope AMD do release something that is much more powerful and take the crown for a short while until Nvidia release the 3000 series at least.

Right exactly, let us not get our hopes up, less disappointment when it turns out not to be true.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
as iv just posted in the nvidia thread il say it here also, i expect big navi to be a great 1440p card around rtx2080 performance which is a good jump up but yet again a good generation behind where we'd all like it to be.

and im NOT saying it wouldn't be value for money as for now we have no solid idea on anything be it performance or pricing, just that its not going to be as fast as we'd all like it to be to force nvidia to be less greedy when it comes to pricing.

Caporegime
WCCFTech. Lol. They posted crap like that back when I was following the RX 480 release, all turned out to be fake news.
I remember* a while when the 480 was going to be a 980Ti killer. As I recall even Gibbo posted to say people's expectations were too high, yet people carried on in hope.

*My memory sucks; I could have made that all up, but I don't think so :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I remember* a while when the 480 was going to be a 980Ti killer. As I recall even Gibbo posted to say people's expectations were too high, yet people carried on in hope.

Nope, you remember right.

Man of Honour

It should have been more potent than it was - IIRC GF manufacturing issues resulted in retail clock speeds well down on sample cards - but the talk of it being a 980ti killer, etc. was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom