January Transfer Window 2019/20

Man of Honour
Sounds like it'll get done, 6 month loan for £4m.

We need a striker and there aren't many around, so I'll take that. Ighalo is decent. He's also a massive Man Utd fan which always helps.

Don
I thought Ighalo was early 20's..Such a weird signing. I remember him being terrible at the end of his Watford career.

Ighalo broke a 599-minute personal scoring drought on 13 March 2016, with a goal in a 2–1 win at holders Arsenal in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, putting the Hornets into the last four for the first time in nine years.[31] On 12 August he signed a new five-year contract[32] but, the following season, he scored just one league goal and did not find the net in any of his last 15 games.[33]

Even Lingard isn't that bad surely

Don
I'm guessing that Ighalo's going to be on fairly big wages over in China so assuming Utd will be taking those on, plus a £4m loan fee, that's a hell of an expensive loan.
Because we already have that in Greenwood. The point is getting someone more senior in to take the pressure off him if Martial should get injured.
Not wanting to take the **** but you said that Greenwood replaced Lukaku. If he really was ready and able to replace Lukaku then there's not a chance in hell that you'd be signing Ighalo now, you certainly wouldn't be if Lukaku was still at the club and Greenwood wasn't anyway.

Caporegime
I'm guessing that Ighalo's going to be on fairly big wages over in China so assuming Utd will be taking those on, plus a £4m loan fee, that's a hell of an expensive loan.

Not wanting to take the **** but you said that Greenwood replaced Lukaku. If he really was ready and able to replace Lukaku then there's not a chance in hell that you'd be signing Ighalo now, you certainly wouldn't be if Lukaku was still at the club and Greenwood wasn't anyway.

If Rashford's injury is as serious as first though then it's obvious we needed a reinforcement, it's got nothing to do with Lukaku.

Don
If Rashford's injury is as serious as first though then it's obvious we needed a reinforcement, it's got nothing to do with Lukaku.
Oh come on. You really think if you had Lukaku and Martial instead of Martial and Greenwood that you'd be spending £5m, £6m or maybe more on Ighalo for 3 and a half months of football?

For a side that only plays with one centre forward, having two centre forwards isn't massively short. In fact there's very few sides that only play with one centre forward that have more than two recognised strikers at the club.
1/3 of the wages supposedly.
I'm struggling with the logic behind this. Why would they pay a loan fee if they're not paying all his wages?

Caporegime
Oh come on. You really think if you had Lukaku and Martial instead of Martial and Greenwood that you'd be spending £5m, £6m or maybe more on Ighalo for 3 and a half months of football?

For a side that only plays with one centre forward, having two centre forwards isn't massively short. In fact there's very few sides that only play with one centre forward that have more than two recognised strikers at the club.

I'm struggling with the logic behind this. Why would they pay a loan fee if they're not paying all his wages?

It's really simple Baz, we play three 'forwards' we currently have....3 fit who have primarily played there. Mata and Pereira have kind of filled in at times but Pereira has also had to fill in at CM too. Unless they're going to play every single game we needed more options, our squad is incredibly light. Hell last time we bought in Sanchez when we already has Martial, Rashford and Lukaku!

Back
Top Bottom