People you admired but now you don't

Associate
I never really admired anyone famous and treated everyone with equal cynicism and disdain. It's the ones who have surprised me that I now have more respect for.

I visited Graceland not so long ago and found out Elvis gave away cast amounts of cash to anyone who wrote to him needing a helping hand.

Soldato
I'll give two examples:

1) I've always admired Leonardo De Vinci and even have a t-shirt but around a month ago my world was shattered (dramatic music). I watched a documentary which showed he plagiarised everybody else's ideas but just put a sprinkle on top. He did cut bodies up for the anatomy and obviously painted the Mona Lisa but I feel let down by the cheat.

I totally misread that as Di Caprio, and was extremely confused for a moment until I got to the Mona Lisa.

Soldato
Jezza Clarkson, up to the point he punched a guy because he didn't get the correct food order, the BBC was right to ditch him, and shame on
ITV for employing him.

Would that violence had the same TV career ruining cachet as boob cupping and jailbait lechery .

I am not being an apologist for someone else violence. However I have wanted to punch many a Producer and I guarantee there is a lot more going on there than what was reported.

Soldato
I think Clarkson's a **** for what he did but on the other hand, he also smacked Piers Morgan in the face so y'know, swings and roundabouts.

Soldato
However I have wanted to punch many a Producer and I guarantee there is a lot more going on there than what was reported.
Definitely. Joe public know what a lout Clarkson is because they see it on their screens. I guarantee if they could see how most producers act (especially *spit* TV producers) they'd be signing a petition to have Clarkson reinstated at the BBC quicker than you could cook the aforementioned steak.

Associate
I think the only people I really admire and have always loved are Groucho Marx and Sir David Attenborough. Neither luckily have done anything or come out as doing anything that has tarnished my opinion.

"I never forget a face; but for you i'll make an exception" Groucho Marx - Genius.

Soldato
Rolf Harris has got to be one lol. He always seemed like such a nice guy. Never had any rants or bad press, did loads of charity work etc. He went from the top right to the bottom over night.

With Clarkson... you kinda know what you're getting with him. He isn't the first drunk guy to punch someone and it rarely ever happens without provocation. He isn't an entitled dick like many celebrities.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
. . .
With Clarkson... you kinda know what you're getting with him. He isn't an entitled dick to people off-screen like many celebrities. He isn't the first drunk guy to punch someone and it rarely ever happens without provocation.
Is that the same arrogant Clarkson who launched into a half-hour expletive laden rant at his Producer because Clarkson couldn't get a hot meal after he and his pals staggered back from the pub?

Soldato
Is that the same arrogant Clarkson who launched into a half-hour expletive laden rant at his Producer because Clarkson couldn't get a hot meal after he and his pals staggered back from the pub?

We didn't really get to hear his side of what happened though. The fact people still want to work with him says more happened than we were told about.

Back
Top Bottom