January Transfer Window 2019/20

Don
It was a tongue in cheek comment but as average as Lingard is, these 'you can't compare him to Lingard' comments are pushing things a bit. It's Ighalo you're signing - he scored 1 goal in his last PL season and is seemingly doing bang average in China.

Soldato
A) Went for Haaland and it didn’t work out probably due to agent fees.
B) Most clubs don’t want to sell in January thus not sure what you want to do?
C) As above, any fallback targets would probably not be available.
D) Any club with a backup 9 wont want to sell for precisely that reason, they’re a backup and can be a &@&f to get (hence Mourinhos recent comments)
E) Baz, love your Ronaldo comment - now who’s twisting things slightly? He’s a body who will probably get a handful of goals and get us to the summer. That’s it.
I havnt got a problem with that my point was you don't sell without replacements and leave yourself short a team of United's stature shouldnt be in that position in the first place hence the poor state were in is down to lack of organisation from owners and woodward lukaku replacement should have been sorted last summer not january and haaland would have been ideal but woodward messed that up don't think Dortmund had a problem with the price it was all down to negotiations ie Woodward trying to get it cheap

Last edited:
Soldato
I havnt got a problem with that my point was you don't sell without replacements and leave yourself short a team of United's stature shouldnt be in that position in the first place hence the poor state were in is down to lack of organisation from owners and woodward lukaku replacement should have been sorted last summer not january and haaland would have been ideal but woodward messed that up don't think Dortmund had a problem with the price it was all down to negotiations ie Woodward trying to get it cheap

sorry, I agree with that and I can’t buy the idea that solskjaer is happy how that went either.

Man of Honour
Put it this way, I'd much rather have Ighalo in at the moment than nobody. He is a decent striker if he plays well, and playing for Man Utd is his dream, so you know he'll give 110%.

It also takes pressure off the two fit strikers we have at the moment, Martial and Greenwood. Martial is hit and miss, and Greenwood is still young.

Other than a few million down the drain, there's no risk in it for us.

I agree with the comments about the lack of planning etc but that's water under the bridge now.

Caporegime
Put it this way, I'd much rather have Ighalo in at the moment than nobody. He is a decent striker if he plays well, and playing for Man Utd is his dream, so you know he'll give 110%.

It also takes pressure off the two fit strikers we have at the moment, Martial and Greenwood. Martial is hit and miss, and Greenwood is still young.

Other than a few million down the drain, there's no risk in it for us.

I agree with the comments about the lack of planning etc but that's water under the bridge now.

The thing is for another 10-15 million more we could have had Haaland which is pocket change for United.

Caporegime
Found this interesting, the full set of players United were linked to this January. Shows just how much **** some of these journalists churn out.

Goalkeepers: 2

Nathan Bishop (Southend United), Brad Young (Hartlepool)

Defenders: 21

Logan Pye (Sunderland), Thomas Meunier (Paris Saint-Germain), Marash Kumbulla (Verona), Samuel Umtiti (Barcelona), Issa Diop (West Ham United), Ben White (Leeds United), Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Christian Kabasele (Watford), Ricardo Pereira (Leicester City), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspur), Layvin Kurzawa (Paris-Saint Germain), Nelson Semedo (Barcelona), Jean-Clair Todibo (Barcelona), Ruben Dias (Benfica), Valentin Antov (CSKA Sofia), Merih Demiral (Juventus), Mohammed Salisu (Real Valladolid), Milan Skriniar (Inter Milan), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli), Daniele Rugani (Juventus)

Midfielders: 45

Eric-Junior Dina Ebimbe (Paris-Saint Germain), Matias Vecino (Inter Milan), Efrain Morales (Atlanta United), Ruben Neves (Wolves), Harry Winks (Tottenham), Adrien Rabiot (Juventus), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Sean Longstaff (Newcastle United), Todd Cantwell (Norwich City), Gedson Fernandes (Benfica), Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Agustin Almendra (Boca Juniors), Fabian Ruiz (Napoli), Boubakary Soumare (Lille), Donny van de Beek (Ajax), Ivan Rakitic (Barcelona), Jude Bellingham (Birmingham City), Saul Niguez (Atletico Madrid), Dani Olmo (Dinamo Zagreb), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Eduardo Camavinga (Stade Rennes), Leandro Paredes (PSG), Sandro Tonali (Brescia), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma), Arturo Vidal (Barcelona), Dejan Kulusevski (Atalanta), Denis Zakaria (Borussia Monchengladbach), Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon), Ezequiel Barco (Atlanta United), Nicolo Zaniolo (Roma), Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen), James Maddison (Leicester City), Matheus Pereira (West Brom), Gianluca Busio (Sporting Kansas City), Emre Can (Juventus), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus), James Rodriguez (Real Madrid), Christian Eriksen (Tottenham), Dwight McNeil (Burnley), John McGinn (Aston Villa), Declan Rice (West Ham), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Sander Berge (Genk)

Forwards: 45

Maxi Gomez (Valencia), Jean-Kevin Augustin (RB Leipzig), Islam Slimani (Leicester City), Carlos Tevez (Boca Juniors), Fernando Llorente (Napoli), Krzysztof Piatek (AC Milan), Wayne Rooney (Derby County), Arkadiusz Milik (Napoli), Emmanuel Dennis (Club Brugge), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Odsonne Edouard (Celtic), Raul Jimenez (Wolves), Ousmane Dembele (Barcelona), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Lucas Moura (Tottenham Hotspur), Luka Jovic (Real Madrid), Takumi Minamino (Red Bull Salzburg), Edison Cavani (PSG), Vedat Muriqi (Fenerbahce), Dries Mertens (Napoli), Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid), Richarlison (Everton), Mathis Rayan Cherki (Lyon), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Erling Braut Haaland (Red Bull Salzburg), Ricky-Jade Jones (Peterborough), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Edin Dzeko (Roma), Danny Loader (Reading), Joe Gelhardt (Wigan Athletic), Mario Mandzukic (Juventus), Jovan Malcolm (West Brom), Memphis Depay (Lyon), Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (LA Galaxy), Timo Werner (RB Leipzig), Moussa Dembele (Lyon), Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan), Salomon Rondon (Dalian Yifang), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Josh King (Bournemouth), Teemu Pukki (Norwich), Adolfo Gaich (San Lorenzo), Danny Ings (Southampton), Odion Ihgalo (Shanghai Shenua)

Soldato
I remember the one good season Ighalo had, playing with Deeney up front. They've always struggled with strikers anyway.

I think with proper service he can come good for us.

Hoping we get rid of Lingard and Pogba in the summer and find two useful replacements.

Caporegime
Personally, I think Ighalo will do much better than people think. I thought he was great when he was at Watford.

Was surprised when he buggered off to China, but for £300k a week, you can’t blame him!

Utd will have to pay £100k a week of that. That’s a significant wage.

Caporegime
...."a source close to the club told the s*n"..... No they didn't. No one even remotely associated with Liverpool talks to the s*n. The s*n make up their usual lies and other papers quoting it as a source lol
Ridiculous. How much money do they think Juventus have? They’ve invested heavily and have major starts on huge contracts.

Back
Top Bottom