Should a prime minister have personal holidays paid for?

Caporegime
Or any MP for that matter?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51482220

The cost of Boris Johnson's accommodation for his New Year's holiday was covered by the co-founder of Carphone Warehouse, David Ross.

Mr Ross is named in the MPs' register of interests as donating £15,000 towards the PM's private Caribbean break with his partner, Carrie Symonds.

The prime minister took the holiday to St Vincent and the Grenadines with Ms Symonds between Boxing Day 2019 and 5 January 2020.

He faced criticism at the time for not returning sooner, after the US killing of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani raised tensions in the Middle East.

It is the first trip abroad that Mr Johnson has declared since going to Saudi Arabia in September 2018.

Only one other MP has declared a free holiday in the last year.

First off, I think this is dodgy as hell.

Man of the people Boris Johnson has an estimated net worth of £1.6 million. Why does he need a businessman to pay £15k for accommodation? What does the businessman get out of this?

Am I being nieve/stupid? Or should there be laws in place against this sort of thing?

Caporegime
Or any MP for that matter?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51482220

First off, I think this is dodgy as hell.

Man of the people Boris Johnson has an estimated net worth of £1.6 million. Why does he need a businessman to pay £15k for accommodation? What does the businessman get out of this?

Am I being nieve/stupid? Or should there be laws in place against this sort of thing?
I’d rather a rich businessman pays for it than us, like we do with the royal families holidays.

Caporegime
Not really he should pay from his "wages" for his own holiday.
Then all the security costs.... Its a bit of a nightmare tbh.
Its no different than the client taking the customer out to the strip club for drinks the day before they sign the contract though! :p

Caporegime
Caporegime
it's the world we live in .. company's pay millions in an attempt to pass a law .. or steer one ..
why not go to the front of the que ..
yes it's wrong but how the **** can the likes of you and me stop it ?
We can’t, it’s wrong, but as you say, that’s the way of the world today.

But don’t demonise one man for it as though he’s the worlds worst offender, when it’s been going on for decades the world over.

Permabanned
We can’t, it’s wrong, but as you say, that’s the way of the world today.

But don’t demonise one man for it as though he’s the worlds worst offender, when it’s been going on for decades the world over.
to true ..
but as the government is now like a company (of thieves ) then they will get the kickbacks like any other
and there is nothing the middle class can do .. never mind the poor

Caporegime
Personally I don't mind tax paying for a pm holiday, just as I don't mind increasing the pm wage by doubling it. Not that I'd want it to happen for boris, but personally I think what a pm gets is too low.
I’ve always thought that. Not just because it’s Boris, I’ve been saying it even when people I didn’t like were in power. The PM’s salary is ridiculous for their position. Some civil servants earn more.

Soldato
Who cares? David Ross has given lots to the Tory party over the years, he's given David Cameron plenty of things in the past as well.

Who are you to say who a multi millionaire can or can't give his money to?

If someone wants to give Boris a free holiday because they're absolutely loaded then who cares.

Welcome to how some people live their lives.

Back
Top Bottom