Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
It is, unless you count the ST200, of the Mk7 that is.

Mk8 the ST3 is the top spec. Unless you get the performance edition.

Id probably end up in a MK7 as it’ll be my second car - keep insurance and purchase cost down.

I drove the new Fiesta as the car I did my test in (first time I drove it actually!). It was so damn easy to drive, even compared to my 7.5

Interior was a nice upgrade too, but the main this was the steering. Had much more feel to it.

Out of interest, I may test drive a MK7 ST locally to me to see what it’s like and to see how different it is.

Soldato
Id probably end up in a MK7 as it’ll be my second car - keep insurance and purchase cost down.

I drove the new Fiesta as the car I did my test in (first time I drove it actually!). It was so damn easy to drive, even compared to my 7.5

Interior was a nice upgrade too, but the main this was the steering. Had much more feel to it.

Out of interest, I may test drive a MK7 ST locally to me to see what it’s like and to see how different it is.

It's weird you say that, I can't really imagine something being much easier to drive than my ST. It's so light I can basically use one finger on the steering wheel and one finger on the gearstick!

Soldato
It's weird you say that, I can't really imagine something being much easier to drive than my ST. It's so light I can basically use one finger on the steering wheel and one finger on the gearstick!

Wasn’t so much about how light the steering was, but I just felt more connected with the road. Additionally, it had an extra half lock each way so the turning circle was much tighter for going around town :)

Soldato
I might have a test drive of the new ST to see what I may be missing. I have considered looking at one anyway.

The difference going from an ST to another ST may be smaller, but going from a 1L Titanium 7.5 to a 1L Titanium 8 was quite a difference. No radical changes, but lots of small improvements that resulted in a large perceived difference. As I say, most noticeable changes were steering, but also clutch (more feel), noise levels (quieter engine and cabin noise) and interior seemed more premium.

Soldato
The difference going from an ST to another ST may be smaller, but going from a 1L Titanium 7.5 to a 1L Titanium 8 was quite a difference. No radical changes, but lots of small improvements that resulted in a large perceived difference. As I say, most noticeable changes were steering, but also clutch (more feel), noise levels (quieter engine and cabin noise) and interior seemed more premium.

My main issue is I have the MP215 kit and wider tires on my ST already, so a new one would actually have less power and I am not convinced it would be better for grip or anything either. I think I would be better looking at something with a bit more grunt if I wanted a real change.

Soldato
My main issue is I have the MP215 kit and wider tires on my ST already, so a new one would actually have less power and I am not convinced it would be better for grip or anything either. I think I would be better looking at something with a bit more grunt if I wanted a real change.

I can’t speak from experience, but from various posts I’ve read online, in terms of driving experience, they’re unlikely to be much different.

The change is almost certainly evolutionary rather than revolutionary. I don’t think it would be worth the extra outlay.

I think it’d take a lot for you to be happy with a change - lots of people rate the ST for pure driving excitement.

Soldato
I can’t speak from experience, but from various posts I’ve read online, in terms of driving experience, they’re unlikely to be much different.

The change is almost certainly evolutionary rather than revolutionary. I don’t think it would be worth the extra outlay.

I think it’d take a lot for you to be happy with a change - lots of people rate the ST for pure driving excitement.

It is an absolute blast to drive, I still love mine. I highly recommend anyone who can have a test of one because honestly I can't see many cars being more fun to drive. Living in Scotland helps too with our endless country roads.

Associate
Going for a test drive in an ST3 this Saturday.

Got my ST200 back a week ago from accident repair and it drives fine but in my head I know it has had an accident. Must say interior feels really cheap compared to the bog standard VW Polo I had as a courtesy car as well.

Associate
A MK8? It'd be interesting to see what you think of it compared to a MK7 :)

Yes. Sent the dealer a spec list of what I want and they are looking. This is a demonstrator so I actually aren't sure if it is an ST3 or what options it has. If it is decently specced I may see if a deal is in the offing on it.

Associate
Only had a brief drive in a 5-door in performance blue. Really nice to drive, interior feels much better than MK7. Performance on a par with my ST200.

Dealer looking at availability at the moment. Waiting a call within the hour.

Ride quality - whilst still hard - was better as well.

Associate
Does the car having launch control definitely mean that it has the performance pack? The salesman said it did.

When I configured a Fiesta ST about a month ago on the Ford website it was an option, now it appears to be standard. Just want to make sure that the salesman isn't getting confused.

Thanks.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I thought the performance pack was the LSD, launch control and shift lights? So if it has them it has the PP, that said, currently on the Ford site the PP is standard on the ST3.

Associate
It wasn’t standard but may have changed. Nearly all cars ordered for stock had PP anyway. If you didn’t want it then it tended to be a factory order.

When I got mine I wasn’t bothered by PP and tbh not sure I am good enough a driver to tell what difference it makes. I was unfussy in options but ended up in a new from stock car with PP, LED, Sunroof and B&O. Of all of it the only thing I would definitely spec again would be the LED lights. They are just so much better at night than standards.

Back
Top Bottom