• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Whilst I was fiddling in my ASROCK X570 BIOS tother day, I noticed somewhere it said X570 & X590 when referencing motherboards. So maybe there's a 590 chipset to come out before the 6 series. Could be just be ASROCK placeholdering for something.

Associate
There is serious discounts flying around on the 3000 series today, bit of stock shifting. Sub £160 for a 3600 + promo is serious value. What a time to be alive.

Associate
There is serious discounts flying around on the 3000 series today, bit of stock shifting. Sub £160 for a 3600 + promo is serious value. What a time to be alive.

Indeed, the double whammy is Micron E die usage on Ryzen 3000 series with it's pricing as well.

Recently tried some Micron E die with Ryzen 3000 series, 2x16GB costing £100. I was a disbeliever that it could do 3800MHz over lengthy testing, so far I have clocked up over 31hrs of [email protected].

A ZIP containing mixed testing of ~31hrs continuous uptime plus some prior testing, organise files by time.

Filenames at beginning have:-
  • Setup means test on POST when profile setup in UEFI.
  • FCP means a full fold POST, ie power supply switched off from wall prior to POST.
  • FP means a full POST from shutdown.
  • WP means a warm POST test run.
  • SPx means count of testing on same Post.
  • When a filename is repeated exactly, just capturing data of the same test run but later.
This screenie, left to right:-
  • 3x AIDA64 for usual timings I use on Samsung B die
  • 3x AIDA64 for current timings I'm using on Micron E die.
  • Initial testing for the Micron E die profile as used for 3x AIDA64.
  • 3737% RAM Test for 3x AIDA64 3800C16, but VDIMM 1.365V.

Soldato
Whilst I was fiddling in my ASROCK X570 BIOS tother day, I noticed somewhere it said X570 & X590 when referencing motherboards. So maybe there's a 590 chipset to come out before the 6 series. Could be just be ASROCK placeholdering for something.

X590 was going to be what X570 is today. They shifted things. X570 was a mid level originally with PCIE 3.0 still and the B series as their low level. It is why boards came at such high prices. There should have been a mid tier that never happened because AMD decided so.

Associate
Indeed, the double whammy is Micron E die usage on Ryzen 3000 series with it's pricing as well.

Recently tried some Micron E die with Ryzen 3000 series, 2x16GB costing £100. I was a disbeliever that it could do 3800MHz over lengthy testing, so far I have clocked up over 31hrs of [email protected].

A ZIP containing mixed testing of ~31hrs continuous uptime plus some prior testing, organise files by time.

• FCP means a full fold POST, ie power supply switched off from wall prior to POST.
  • When a filename is repeated exactly, just capturing data of the same test run but later.
This screenie, left to right:-
  • 3x AIDA64 for usual timings I use on Samsung B die
  • 3x AIDA64 for current timings I'm using on Micron E die.
  • Initial testing for the Micron E die profile as used for 3x AIDA64.
  • 3737% RAM Test for 3x AIDA64 3800C16, but VDIMM 1.365V.

I grabbed 16GB Patriot B-die 4400Mhz Steel series from OCUK for £99.95. Set it to 3800Mhz on a 1:1 at 16-16-16-32, worked first time. Have not bothered tweaking I was happy to just lump it and leave.

Associate
I grabbed 16GB Patriot B-die 4400Mhz Steel series from OCUK for £99.95. Set it to 3800Mhz on a 1:1 at 16-16-16-32, worked first time. Have not bothered tweaking I was happy to just lump it and leave.

Sweet :) , I have been using Samsung B die since 1000 series launch, great stuff for sure :) .

It's just nice to be able to grab some reasonably price kit and see it OC well on Ryzen :D . The other angle is you can have 16GB ~£55 or 32GB ~£100, not gonna see them kinda prices on Samsung B die if you're buying new.

Seems as if in the past few days Crucial have updated their site. Differing product range available, new heatspreader designs and even a 4400MHz C19 kit is now available.

*** edit ***

An updated ZIP, organise files by time. On Micron E die 3800MHz Phase 1 mixed testing of ~48hrs continuous uptime. Phase 2 I have lowered VDIMM to set value of 1.36V, from past experience with board a read with DMM on Probeit point for this would be ~1.364V.

Last edited:
Soldato
I will be building 5 ryzen machines over the next 2 weeks.

3 3600X
1 3700X
1 3900X

the latter interests me a lot and am going to do some personal performance tests on it before its handed over to its owner.

One thing I observed on my 8600k in cpu demanding games is if macrium reflect starts a backup whilst in the game I get a huge mega stutter. I am curious if the 3900X can overcome that, or even a 3600X.

Caporegime
There is something oddly satisfying about making a 3900x sweat :D

CjSmLLU.jpg

For me it was a heart over head decision initially. But I am glad I got it now. This was when video editing yesterday and it just chewed through it.

Soldato
I remember reading this thread ages ago and someone saying they had audio issues, now I'm having audio issues since replacing my 3900x with a 3950x, audio is slightly crackly, sometimes.
And my mic works in discord until I run a game then I become a robotic chipmunk.
So yeah, little tiny bit crackly sound and this together got me coming back to find out who is was to help me

Associate
I remember reading this thread ages ago and someone saying they had audio issues, now I'm having audio issues since replacing my 3900x with a 3950x, audio is slightly crackly, sometimes.
And my mic works in discord until I run a game then I become a robotic chipmunk.
So yeah, little tiny bit crackly sound and this together got me coming back to find out who is was to help me

I have read that slightly increasing your VCORE SOC voltage can help with this.

Soldato
I had audio crackling issues when running simhub or simvibe with my driving sim. (Project cars 2) I could run anything and everything else with PC2 (even tested with handbrake encoding) and no issues...but simhub (or its competitor, simvibe) would cause latency to spike hard and my audio would crackle.

My solution was ultimately to just set windows audio quality to "CD quality" instead of super-duper whatever the highest setting is. No issues since.

If I ever require the highest audio quality for something like music production, I probably won't be running simhub at the same time, so I'll just up the audio quality then, but I can't tell the difference for gaming.

Soldato
Are you using the latest UEFI? I had this issue when I first tried to get my FCLK/UCLK above 3000 MT/s (approx) with the first beta UEFI for my board. I later found that although my system is unstable with the RAM between 3133 and 3533 MT/s, it is stable at 3000 MT/s and 3600 MT/s...so you might wanna try different clocks out.

Soldato
Are you using the latest UEFI? I had this issue when I first tried to get my FCLK/UCLK above 3000 MT/s (approx) with the first beta UEFI for my board. I later found that although my system is unstable with the RAM between 3133 and 3533 MT/s, it is stable at 3000 MT/s and 3600 MT/s...so you might wanna try different clocks out.
Ahh I see, so I was running perfectly with 1900fclk and 3800mhz cl14 ram with the 3900x before, so maybe that's just not so stable on the 3950x?

Soldato
I've had the same problem with 3 different soundcards. Crackling and eventual hard reboot only occurs with RAM set at 3800/1900IF and 3733/1866IF. When I set RAM to 3600/1800IF the crackling goes away. I tried many different SOC & VDDG voltages. Strangely the RAM will pass ram test for hours without issue.

For the time being I have left it at 3600/1800IF because at 4K gaming the difference was frankly margin of error.

Soldato
I've had the same problem with 3 different soundcards. Crackling and eventual hard reboot only occurs with RAM set at 3800/1900IF and 3733/1866IF. When I set RAM to 3600/1800IF the crackling goes away. I tried many different SOC & VDDG voltages. Strangely the RAM will pass ram test for hours without issue.

For the time being I have left it at 3600/1800IF because at 4K gaming the difference was frankly margin of error.
I think with my 3900x I was lucky with the imc, but not so much with this 3950x... Which is a shame

Back
Top Bottom