The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Tomato soup with vermicelli.

20200217-175448.jpg

Soldato
T3VXNl.jpg

Smashed avocado and poached eggs on toast with bacon. Feels like ages since the last time I had this dish. Lovely :)

IqI7Ob.jpg

And lunch at Six By Nico, trying out The Alps theme. Was good! The risotto and the chicken & pork courses were the best for me me. The fondue and the dessert were also pretty nice :D

Soldato
And lunch at Six By Nico, trying out The Alps theme. Was good! The risotto and the chicken & pork courses were the best for me me. The fondue and the dessert were also pretty nice :D

Looks good. I'm going on Sunday and can't wait. Your photo of the fondue makes more sense to me now. They posted a photo on their instagram and it was just the wee pot with the fondue in it without the skewer on top and I couldn't work out how the "crispy pigs head" would work with it.

How the freak did you make those poached eggs?! I always struggle and they look pathetic when I take mine out the water. Yours look like lovely balls of mozzarella!

Have you tried adding some vinegar to the water?

Soldato
I find the freshness of the eggs makes the biggest difference. We get our eggs straight from the farm shop and don't need to use vinegar in the water. With supermarket eggs we do put a good whack of white wine vinegar in the water.

Agreed with no salt though, that'll break down the egg white so season after cooking.

Soldato
Had the great pleasure of having the England Team for this years culinary Olympics do a practice run for 9 of us the other day. Was absolutely incredible. I'll post pics later, been waiting for the competition to be over before posting pics and stuff.

Soldato
Had a movie night with nephew and others the other day, we ordered a Dominos large cheeseburger pizza with classic crust and a Hawaiian with super thin crust. Garlic dippers and coleslaw side dishes. Delish!

Soldato
Can anyone give me some tips for cooking greggs sausage rolls and steak bakes from frozen?

When you buy them from greggs the pastry is always soft but cooking from frozen at home turns the pastry very dry and flaky.

The recommended time is 200’c for 25 minutes.

Can I add water to the pastry to try and keep it from flaking or just cook for longer at a lower temp?

Caporegime
Can anyone give me some tips for cooking greggs sausage rolls and steak bakes from frozen?

When you buy them from greggs the pastry is always soft but cooking from frozen at home turns the pastry very dry and flaky.

The recommended time is 200’c for 25 minutes.

Can I add water to the pastry to try and keep it from flaking or just cook for longer at a lower temp?
What about brushing them with some oil before baking?

Soldato
defrost in the fridge/ambiant, and then, bake, even wrap them in foil,
re-heating puff pastry in a fan oven's going to dry it ... you've frozen them yourself .

I can't unsee 'Tonight’s takeaway.'

Soldato
Ray! Good to see you back buddy! Where ya been?! Nice looking chicken btw! :)

lfu8NU.jpg

Dunno if you saw or not, but I had some Tonkotsu ramen at a new place in Glasgow a few weeks back. Does it meet with your approval? :)

Caporegime
Ray! Good to see you back buddy! Where ya been?! Nice looking chicken btw! :)

I took a self sabbatical.

Went to Tokyo Japan in November, then last couple of weeks I spent time back in Japan again, this time Kyoto and Osaka and then flew to S. Korea, went to Busan and then Seoul.

Everything in Korea is spicy, well, every hot food practically, if it is a Korean dish.

I mean the pickles are spicy, all 3 of them, even the cabbage soup is spicy. It was just their base level Korean spice...seriously, it makes indian food look lame.

F4zv9di.jpg

That ramen looks good, not too radical which I like, not a fan of this fusion stuff for the sake of fusion.

Back
Top Bottom