Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Brilliant thanks. Unfortunately I don't have air but I've got more than enough microfibre towels.
You will need plenty of plush cloths for wiping down each section after polishing.

I would advise getting a pad brush then and use it after each section... they work well too.

If you haven't bought polish yet then go for a low dust water based such as Zvizzer, Angelwax or CarPro they all do AIO.

Soldato
Yeah, I've got polish and everything else already from doing my car. I machined my car over several weekends due to time (and weather) constraints so I could full wash the pads between each session. I'm hoping to do the whole car over a weekend if possible so just wanted to check I didn't need more pads than I have.

Soldato
Not dirty but had to deal with an extremely mouldy car as it had been stood for 3 years and unbeknown to me had a cracked and leaking window. I can't find any other pictures but this is one of the mats.

49567460937_481127a146_h.jpg
49567460937_481127a146_h.jpg

Associate
Watched the CT vid yday, that Omega was proper grotty! Much nicer after they spent 55 hours cleaning it, surprising!

I asked ages ago about a hose replacement for the karcher that didn't tie itself up like it was into Japanese bondage, but after to-ing and fro-ing I may just settle for the replacment from Halfords, since it comes with a new trigger, is Karcher, and apparently much more supple. Also, it's about the same price as a non-oem hose anyway!
After an anger related incident with my cheap buckets (note to self; don't sit them in one another whilst wet) I may go for some Meguiars ones since they're fairly cheap.

How many of you use detailer boi buckets, and if so what ones?

Associate
I've had this on my radar for hose replacement and a shorter gun.

I use a pair of Meguiars buckets with Grit guards. They do the job well enough but there may be cheaper options out there.

Associate
Aye, I've done a fair bit of reading up on Directhoses as they were my first choice.. Apparently the quality is hit and miss, but if anything goes wrong you're basically boned as the customer service is non-existent unless you live close to them!

Mkay cool, may well settle on them then!

Associate
Aye, I've done a fair bit of reading up on Directhoses as they were my first choice.. Apparently the quality is hit and miss, but if anything goes wrong you're basically boned as the customer service is non-existent unless you live close to them!

Mkay cool, may well settle on them then!

I also have a 10m hose with QR for my Nilfisk from DH and it's excellent plus a short gun (from CYR) is a massive improvement.

Soldato
Just purchased a Bilt hamber medium clay bar, on the instructions it says to wash car again after use, is this step really necessary?

I ask because I plan to wash my car, clay bar it, then polish it with a DA and then seal it with wax or ceramic sealant. Washing again after claying seems a bit pointless if I'm going to be polishing.

Associate
Just purchased a Bilt hamber medium clay bar, on the instructions it says to wash car again after use, is this step really necessary?

I ask because I plan to wash my car, clay bar it, then polish it with a DA and then seal it with wax or ceramic sealant. Washing again after claying seems a bit pointless if I'm going to be polishing.

I would use a strong wash solution to get as much crap off as possible, use iron fallout if you have any too, then clay bar and wash again as normal to remove any left over junk. Then move onto polishing/protecting the car.

Soldato
I don’t think I’ve ever done a full hand wash when using clay, just a good rinse.

I would use a strong wash solution to get as much crap off as possible, use iron fallout if you have any too, then clay bar and wash again as normal to remove any left over junk. Then move onto polishing/protecting the car.

I'm only going to do a few panels at a time when I polish my car, I will do a quick wash over after then. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom