The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
The 'star'section is getting ridiculous now. Literally who the ****?

People on the internet complain they don't know who actress Emilia Fox is. BBC go off and find someone off the internet. People on the internet still go "who the ****?".

The airbag football was quite amusing.

Soldato
Anyone else think the final challenge in the sports car segment was really badly conceived? Go to all the trouble of lining up 3 ex-professional racing drivers then have them spend the whole time navigating with zero chance of them making any difference on the track?

Associate
Anyone else think the final challenge in the sports car segment was really badly conceived? Go to all the trouble of lining up 3 ex-professional racing drivers then have them spend the whole time navigating with zero chance of them making any difference on the track?

Yeah it was a shame really. Could have made for a good race but they completely nerfed it. Even the bit where Damon Hill kicked Chris out of the Porsche but Flintoff stayed in when the Stig was hooning around was a bit weird.

Associate
Yeah it was a shame really. Could have made for a good race but they completely nerfed it. Even the bit where Damon Hill kicked Chris out of the Porsche but Flintoff stayed in when the Stig was hooning around was a bit weird.
Wasn't that to essentially make it more even with regards to power/weight?
911 992 Carrera S is 444hp and 1515kg (accoring to Wiki)
Aston Vantage is 503hp and 1530kg (accoring to Wiki)

add 120kg to each for fuel and a driver? means the power/weight of the 911 is 0.272, which means the Vantage would have to gain 200kg (so 2 x Freddy) to equal it (so, it still had a power/weight advantage with Freddy in the car). I think that's about right?!?

Soldato
My kids knew who he was :D

I guess they were trying to appeal to younger folk with this guest. I had no idea who he was, until they mentioned the boxing match against the other YouTuber.. then I at least knew of him I guess.

Good to see a guest with some actual energy for once.

Yeah, I was tempted to skip past as I had no idea who he was initially, but stuck about and I thought he was actually reasonably entertaining.

Go to all the trouble of lining up 3 ex-professional racing drivers then have them spend the whole time navigating with zero chance of them making any difference on the track?

This is the thing though, isn't it. They often have reasonably good ideas, but then just make them rather pointless.

Still, an entertaining show I thought.

Associate
Wasn't that to essentially make it more even with regards to power/weight?
911 992 Carrera S is 444hp and 1515kg (accoring to Wiki)
Aston Vantage is 503hp and 1530kg (accoring to Wiki)

add 120kg to each for fuel and a driver? means the power/weight of the 911 is 0.272, which means the Vantage would have to gain 200kg (so 2 x Freddy) to equal it (so, it still had a power/weight advantage with Freddy in the car). I think that's about right?!?

God knows. That sounds far too sensible and considered for Top Gear :D

Soldato

Isn't the show just made for silly entertainment? I don't think any of the challenges actually have any real competition in mind. Its all just for a bit of fun.

Soldato
This (the last) weeks episode featured a very poignant tribute to a racing legend.

The BMW wouldn't even get a seconds thought given the availability from the competition within this price range.

Star in a reasonably priced car was skipped (as usual) and as I'm guessing many others have also been doing for some time now?

Emergency services challenge was mindless, entertaining fun.

Back
Top Bottom