Premier League Hall of Fame

Soldato
Premier League Hall of Fame to announce first inductees in March

The Premier League is launching a Hall of Fame, with the first inductees to be announced in March.

Two players will be inducted initially alongside a shortlist of nominees for future inclusion, voted for by fans.

The Hall of Fame will recognize players of "exceptional skill and talent" from home and abroad who have played in the top division since it began in 1992.

A separate English Football Hall of Fame has existed since 2002 and is housed at the National Football Museum.

Candidates for the new Premier League Hall of Fame must have retired and only a player's Premier League career is considered.

"A place in the Premier League Hall of Fame is reserved for the very best," said Premier League chief executive Richard Masters.

"It will be an occasion for our fans around the world to look back over the years and help us celebrate some truly exceptional playing careers."

Each inductee will receive a personalized medallion, engraved with the year of their induction.

I don't think fan vote should be used, I think a panel of a mix of former and current players/mangers should vote on it.

what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Don
Letting the general public vote...that always ends well.

Even players, ex players, managers, pundits etc are all biased. You just need to look at the calibre of pundits out there now; Souness, Neville, Carragher, Keane etc, they don't even hide it.

Caporegime
Letting the general public vote...that always ends well.

Even players, ex players, managers, pundits etc are all biased. You just need to look at the calibre of pundits out there now; Souness, Neville, Carragher, Keane etc, they don't even hide it.
I’m thinking more of a combination of pundits, journos and select others.

Caporegime
Henry
Drogba
Vidic
Schmeichel
Scholes
Lampard
Gerrard
Vieira
Van Nistelrooy
Evra

Wild card: Friedel

Everybody choose 10 players and we can play HoF bingo over the coming years. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Premier League Hall of Fame: Do Ryan Giggs, Alan Shearer & Steven Gerrard make the cut? | ESPN FC

Following the Premier League's announcement they will have a Hall of Fame and induct their first two players in March, ESPN FC's Steve Nicol is put on the spot having to choose his top three that should be inducted. Nicol chooses from a long list, including: Newcastle United's Alan Shearer, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, and Paul Scholes of Manchester United, Steven Gerrard of Liverpool, Frank Lampard and John Terry of Chelsea and Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp of Arsenal.

my 10

Henry
Bergkamp
Vieira
Shearer
Giggs
Vidic
Schmeichel
Scholes
Eric Cantona
Evra

Don
I assume these Evra shouts are a joke? Ashley Cole was 20x the player he was, in fact Cole is the only fullback who should even be discussed.

Soldato
Le Tissier pretty much single handedly kept Southampton in the Premier League for the best part of a decade, that's got to put him in the picture as a candidate.

(Single handedly might be a slight exaggeration but you know what I mean :p)

Don
In terms of longevity people might argue that Neville should be considered but he was never truly world class like Cole was. Cole was comfortably the best LB in the world and probably the best fullback in the world for a number of years.

As above, maybe if you want to look at players that played for 8+ years at a very good level then you consider the likes of Neville or Irwin but the Evra shouts are wild. At his best he was a mile behind Cole and his last couple of seasons he was a liability.

Back
Top Bottom